Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Gameday thread Pels vs Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Im not mistaken, did anyone see him let in about 16 straight points in the 4th quarter because of his beyond awful attempt on the defensive end..

Oh and might i add, he decides to run a play for Davis with 1 MINUTE LEFT IN THE GAME, the only play ran for him in the 4th, he is an selfish player, and tyreke isnt fair behind him, Bulls commentators and many others throughout the season really say our loses our on both of these players not recognizing our best player, and not running with the flow of the offense.. seriously sick of these two ruining our consistency.. im all in for trading either, because you cannot make the playoffs with effortless guards like these two that really care about the cash than winning
    Dude, your vendetta against Jrue is already played out. He is the 2nd best player on this roster, and you look foolish trying to pin him as the main issue.

29-11-2-6

Just another day at the office for AD.

And we're still only scratching the surface of his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Dude, your vendetta against Jrue is already played out. He is the 2nd best player on this roster, and you look foolish trying to pin him as the main issue.
    he looked foolish getting scored on repetitively in the 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    he looked foolish getting scored on repetitively in the 4th
    Neither team played any defense in the last quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyTheGreat View Post
    The exact reason this team will never go anywhere with Monty coaching. 5 years running and still well below .500? And he's still here? It's one of the most upsetting things as a sports fan when management refuses to cut the ropes on somebody who clearly is not good at his job. His clueless expressions, lack of intimidation, and bizarre offensive sets not centered completely around AD is crippling the poor Pelicans.
    Whoever advised Tom Benson to sign Monty to a new 5 year deal before he owned the team for a single season should be fired first! My guess is that was Demps advising him. It is Time for Tom to go out and find himself a quality basketball GM and let him hire his next head coach but the search needs to start now. It is painfully obvious that nothing will improve with Monty coaching this team and before allowing Demps to blow it up and start trading some of our better players it would only make sense to let our new GM/Head Coach make those decisions. I just hope we do not have to suffer another 2 seasons of Monty ball waiting for his contract to expire. We have one of if not the best young players in this league on this team and from what I have heard AD's parents are not fans of how their Son is being used and coached. We watched our All Star point guard leave and that hurt but if AD walks out of here it could really spell trouble for this franchise from a attendance and financial perspective.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    This team is at a decided stylistic disadvantage every game. Our 4 best scorers have to play good enough to get us into the 105 range assuming a pedestrian night from our role players. THEN, on top of that we need the other team to have a pedestrian night offensively or hope that we can play locked in defense for a stretch. Again, a stylistic disadvantage. We have no standard for success that we can point to on the court to determine if we did the necessary things to leverage our distinct advantages. How are you supposed to sufficiently manage and coach your team to the proper levels of play without that accountability? We are a rudderless ship. From the front office to the product on the court teams have a decided advantage over us. That's gotta change. Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzmanD View Post
    Whoever advised Tom Benson to sign Monty to a new 5 year deal before he owned the team for a single season should be fired first! My guess is that was Demps advising him. It is Time for Tom to go out and find himself a quality basketball GM and let him hire his next head coach but the search needs to start now. It is painfully obvious that nothing will improve with Monty coaching this team and before allowing Demps to blow it up and start trading some of our better players it would only make sense to let our new GM/Head Coach make those decisions. I just hope we do not have to suffer another 2 seasons of Monty ball waiting for his contract to expire. We have one of if not the best young players in this league on this team and from what I have heard AD's parents are not fans of how their Son is being used and coached. We watched our All Star point guard leave and that hurt but if AD walks out of here it could really spell trouble for this franchise from a attendance and financial perspective.
    Agreed. I've already decided if AD walks out I won't even be mad nor will I blame him. But I will no longer be a fan and spend so much time money and stress on an organization that Refuses to make the neccesary changes. Wherever AD goes, I go. Call me a fair weather or bandwagon or w/e you want but I refuse to invest so much effort into this when we can't even do anything in the playoffs, or make the playoffs at that. I'm still a little optimistic about the season but with our schedule being so brutal and our coach being such a nut case, the pessemistic side in me is creeping along very quickly. Something needs to be changed ASAP.

Agreed. I've already decided if AD walks out I won't even be mad nor will I blame him. But I will no longer be a fan and spend so much time money and stress on an organization that Refuses to make the neccesary changes. Wherever AD goes, I go. Call me a fair weather or bandwagon or w/e you want but I refuse to invest so much effort into this when we can't even do anything in the playoffs, or make the playoffs at that. I'm still a little optimistic about the season but with our schedule being so brutal and our coach being such a nut case, the pessemistic side in me is creeping along very quickly. Something needs to be changed ASAP.
    So we pick up Jrue and Asik and that's not trying to make the necessary changes?

The fact that we are a bottom 5 defensive team in terms of defense efficiency (points allowed per 100 possessions) with the addition of Asik and the return of Jrue is obviously very troubling. This team should not be this bad defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
    So we pick up Jrue and Asik and that's not trying to make the necessary changes?
    I'm talking about coaching. Jrue is fine and a great pickup, Asik not so much. I know what he is suppose to do (defend) but he isn't even doing all that good a job at that and everything else in his game is horrid. Tyreke was not a bad signing either but we just don't have a coach to tell him enough is enough.

I think we extend Asik, but for not as much as he is making now.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
    Jrue yes, Asik no, would be a bad singing. Use the money to sign more competent offensive minded player.

I don't believe in firing a coach in mid season, let Monty finish out the season but let's hope and pray that someone is in Toms ear to get the ball in motion in bringing in some quality people in this organization. I understand your frustration. I had been a season ticket holder since before Hurricane Katrina and after a few years of watching Monty ball I refused to waste anymore of my money. I was a club level season ticket holder and own a business in the area and wanted to support and sponsor the team where I could but I refuse to be insulted anymore with the low Basketball IQ that Monty displays with his teams. Having played basketball through college I have decent knowledge of the game and while I do not claim to be anywhere near a pro I have seen enough and talked to enough people who do know the game on a professional level that this guy is in way over his head. So while there are a few trolls on here that say I have nothing to offer but to repeat saying "Fire Monty" I will continue to make my comments known and hope someone in this organization will do something before we lose AD.

We can score, we can't stop anyone. Our division avg's 104 a game, we avg 101 a game.

On the flip side we give up 101 a game, and our division gives up 99.

We need a better rice wife coach, or for the talent we have to play up to a 5pt differential.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I think we extend Asik, but for not as much as he is making now.
    Half of what he's getting now as we've gotten half of what was advertised.

I'm surprised this board has not talked about Joe Dumars being at a couple of Saints games sitting in the executive suite. I wouldn't be surprise if he there were looking at him for the gm spot.

Well half of this team is what we get, but (all but AD) half is what we.

I don't believe in firing a coach in mid season, let Monty finish out the season but let's hope and pray that someone is in Toms ear to get the ball in motion in bringing in some quality people in this organization. I understand your frustration. I had been a season ticket holder since before Hurricane Katrina and after a few years of watching Monty ball I refused to waste anymore of my money. I was a club level season ticket holder and own a business in the area and wanted to support and sponsor the team where I could but I refuse to be insulted anymore with the low Basketball IQ that Monty displays with his teams. Having played basketball through college I have decent knowledge of the game and while I do not claim to be anywhere near a pro I have seen enough and talked to enough people who do know the game on a professional level that this guy is in way over his head. So while there are a few trolls on here that say I have nothing to offer but to repeat saying "Fire Monty" I will continue to make my comments known and hope someone in this organization will do something before we lose AD.
    Yeah it's really sad that some people continue to want to give him a chance. For those people. Name one coach in the nba who's been with the team for as long as Monty with a worse record or even a record that is similar. There is no coach. There is probably no coach who's been for a team with half the time Monty has with a below .500 record. It's clearly management and benson doesn't know enough about bball or personnel to make the decision to Fire williams. The fact that benson just arrived doesn't help the case either. I had season tix 11-12, 12-13 and a half plan last year but I refuse to spend another dime on season tickets until something changes. I still go to games every month when I drive in from Baton Rouge but I also refuse to pay to watch low IQ basketball. If we never got AD I don't even know what I would be doing, but we did get him, and we can't waste him away.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanFever View Post
    The fact that we are a bottom 5 defensive team in terms of defense efficiency (points allowed per 100 possessions) with the addition of Asik and the return of Jrue is obviously very troubling. This team should not be this bad defensively.
    This was a post I wholeheartedly admit to stealing from the other Pelicans board, but it gets a conversation going about the problems we are having on the defensive side of the ball. The context of the post was during a discussion on the legitimacy of the Evans trade. So that is why these particular players are highlighted:

This is definitely the fault of coaching and not players.

We have 4 players that have come from 4 different teams putting up their worse drtgs or same. Some came from "bad defensive teams" as well, some came from better overall.

Jrue Holiday:
    4 years in Phi - 106
    2 years in NO - 110

Tyreke Evans:
    4 years in Sac - 110
    2 years in NO - 110

Omer Asik:
    2 years in Chi - 95
    2 years in Hou - 103
    1 year in NO - 107

Ryan Anderson:
    1 year in NJ - 109
    3 years in Orl - 104
    3 years in NO - 112

Wanna see the guys we lost?
    Robin Lopez
    4 years in Phx - 109
    1 year in NO - 110
    2 years in Por - 106

Greivis Vasquez
    1 year in Mem - 109
    2 years in NO - 110
    1/2 year in Sac - 114
    1.5 years in Tor - 108

Trevor Ariza
    2 years in NO - 103
    2 years in Was - 103
    1 year in Hou - 101
    Wathcing Thibs tonight reminded me why I wanted this guy so badly when he interviewed with the Hornets back in the day. The guy is such an active coach. I don't think he sat down all game. He is constantly calling out switches, plays and defensive assignments all game. He is so involved that he recognizes so well when adjustments and time-outs need to be made. He plays every game like a chess match. Where he breaks you down over the course of a game and then once he finds your weakness, attacks, attacks, attacks. Tonight he saw how Jimmy Butler and his bench was just eviscerating us. So he kept the bench in longer then usual and fed the offense down the stretch through Butler. Every possession saw Butler touching the ball in some capacity. We had no counter. We reverted back to bad tendencies down the stretch and that was all she wrote. Instead of feeding Davis we went guard dominate and played a lot isolation once again and slowed down the amount of ball movement.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 12-27-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    I'm surprised this board has not talked about Joe Dumars being at a couple of Saints games sitting in the executive suite. I wouldn't be surprise if he there were looking at him for the gm spot.
    Please don't depress me

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    This was a post I wholeheartedly admit to stealing from the other Pelicans board, but it gets a conversation going about the problems we are having on the defensive side of the ball. The context of the post was during a discussion on the legitimacy of the Evans trade. So that is why these particular players are highlighted:

Wathcing Thibs tonight reminded me why I wanted this guy so badly when he interviewed with the Hornets back in the day. The guy is such an active coach. I don't think he sat down all game. He is constantly calling out switches, plays and defensive assignments all game. He is so involved that he recognizes so well when adjustments and time-outs need to be made. He plays every game like a chess match. Where he breaks you down over the course of a game and then once he finds your weakness, attacks, attacks, attacks. Tonight he saw how Jimmy Butler and his bench was just eviscerating us. So he kept the bench in longer then usual and fed the offense down the stretch through Butler. Every possession saw Butler touching the ball in some capacity. We had no counter. We reverted back to bad tendencies down the stretch and that was all she wrote. Instead of feeding Davis we went guard dominate and played a lot isolation once again and slowed down the amount of ball movement.
    Agreed, I would give anything for thins to be out coach.

He is a native of Louisiana and had some great success with the Pistons for I think close to 15 years as their GM/President. Wonder if he was just in town to check out a few games or if this could be the opening of some talks between him and ownership? Wonder if Joe is ready to get back into the league again so soon?

This is the first I have heard of this. I won't pretend to be an expert on Dumars but by all accounts I have read he is a joke at this point. Isn't he the guy that drafted Darko, and signed Villanueva and Gordon for like 100 million dollars? A guy that had early success but flamed out with a spectacular series of incompetence and mismanagement?

If we drop Demps for him I don't know if I could support this organization any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Please don't depress me
    I don't know what to think about Dumars coming opin as GM. Will we get the guy who helped win two NBA Championships or the one who headed the ship of a horrible francise for I believe 5 years.

I don't know what to think about Dumars coming opin as GM. Will we get the guy who helped win two NBA Championships or the one who headed the ship of a horrible francise for I believe 5 years.
    Again, not an expert, didn't follow the Pistons a whole lot, so my opinion has little behind it, but I always got the feeling as if Dumars was the sort of GM that couldn't repeat his successes and showed a ridiculous level of poor judgement and incompetence.

Hopefully it was just a formality due to his hometown heritage....fingers crossed.

Thread Information