Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bledsoe is a must! Dell get it done! Christmas Present for all fans!

Bledsoe is a must! Dell get it done! Christmas Present for all fans!

Hornets have got to do whatever is possible without blowing team up to get Bledsoe. Bledsoe already gets no minutes and with the return of Chauncey and Hill will be buried for minutes on the roster. If Clippers are trying to make a serious playoff run, then a Lopez trade makes to much sense. It didn't hurt that Lopez had one of his best games against them and shows a weakness. Cp3 is known to value big men over a back up point especially 3rd string with Chauncey. We traded an emerging young Darren Collison for a solid 6'8 PF basically to make Cp3 happy. The Clippers have a chance to get a very good 7' in Lopez and could come out better with this deal then many other team have to offer. Bledsoes value is at an ultimate high and Clippers have to get value while they can and assemble a serious championship contender. Lopez provides a true 7' with an awesome Team option contract to decide what they wanna do with him in the future. He gives them great depth behind Jordan. A 2nd team front court of Odom and Lopez would be nice for the Clips. Lopez has been very good for the Hornets and I believe going to a loaded Clippers team with Cp3 feeding him the ball only makes him better. We can throw in a future 1st and Aminu or Vasquez if they want them. Clippers really have no need or room for anything else except a backup Center. Bledsoe is ultimately the missing piece and we need to do whatever it takes and move on with our PG of the future. This kid has potential to be an absolute stud. He couldn't have been put in a better situation learning behind Cp3 and Chauncey. Then go after Nerlens Noel in the draft with our 1st pick. Shabazz or w/e you other Noel bashers wants fine with me. Free Agency to fill our need at one of the spots. Davis/Noel front court would be the most gifted in the NBA with Ryno! That would be pretty awesome to see another Kentcuky player drafted especially when Davis is who he looks up to along with another Wildcat in Bledsoe, I'm no Kentucky fan but that would be awesome! We would be stacked and all is very possible. Let me know what you think!? I ask you please pray!!
    PG- Bledsoe/Roberts/Rivers SG- Gordon/Rivers SF- Thomas/Miller/Henry PF- Davis/Ryno C- Smith/Noel?

if be down with trading lopez for bledsoe then sign al jefferson, henderson, miles and draft shabazz

bledsoe/rivers
    gordon/gerald henderson
    shabazz/cj miles
    ad/ryno
    jefferson/jSmith

I am quite attuned to the clippers and what they need. If you really want a deal, this is what you need.

I would love to see Bledsoe on the hornets. He would be so much better for this young team the Grev. Him and AD would be one of the best pg/PF combos for the next ten years. Can you imagine all the fun fast breaks we'd see. He would play at least 40 minutes a game, running a full sprint the entire game, playing incredible perimeter D the whole time, and basically change the nature of this team. The guy really is a impact player. Also, he is almost indestructible and would play every game this season.

I think hornets can definitely put a package together to get him realistically. But the clippers only have specific needs to help them get to a championship.

Clippers could offer bled + two or three other guys depending on what hornets needed to complete their end of the trade. I say this because I don't think Robin would be right for the clippers. The clips need Varejao. Varajao is what they need instead of DJ to win it all this year.

So the hornets just have to put together a package to grab him for them, which I think should be doable and if they manage this I 100% guarantee that he will be a hornet which is where he belongs. Maybe something like Aminu + Austin + a pick or something like that. Got to figure out what will entice the Cavs. That would be some combination of youth and picks.
    Last edited by sfernald; 12-20-2012 at 01:01 AM.

dont think i would give up rivers AND a pick for bledsoe, maybe one or the other

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    dont think i would give up rivers AND a pick for bledsoe, maybe one or the other
    Well, whatever. Don't want to get caught up in specifics. We just have to figure out what we woulda need to pry Varejao away from the Cavs. That's the trick. Clips would throw in assets to help too.
    Last edited by sfernald; 12-20-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    I am quite attuned to the clippers and what they need. If you really want a deal, this is what you need.

I would love to see Bledsoe on the hornets. He would be so much better for this young team the Grev. Him and AD would be one of the best pg/PF combos for the next ten years. Can you imagine all the fun fast breaks we'd see. He would play at least 40 minutes a game, running a full sprint the entire game, playing incredible perimeter D the whole time, and basically change the nature of this team. The guy really is a impact player. Also, he is almost indestructible and would play every game this season.

I think hornets can definitely put a package together to get him realistically. But the clippers only have specific needs to help them get to a championship.

Clippers could offer bled + two or three other guys depending on what hornets needed to complete their end of the trade. I say this because I don't think Robin would be right for the clippers. The clips need Varejao. Varajao is what they need instead of DJ to win it all this year.

So the hornets just have to put together a package to grab him for them, which I think should be doable and if they manage this I 100% guarantee that he will be a hornet which is where he belongs. Maybe something like Aminu + Austin + a pick or something like that. Got to figure out what will entice the Cavs. That would be some combination of youth and picks.
    Love everything you said except no way I trade Rivers unless maybe straight up, but still no. But I love what you said about Bledsoe and Davis, but just imagine a 6'5 combo guard like Rivers who would be deadly alongside Bledsoe once he is a knockdown shooter and consistent finisher. Those 2 guys as your future depending on what happens with Gordon? Maybe a Paul George as I have suggested before one his value is up. Rivers has potential to completely change physically and could become way more explosive with added muscle and strength. He and Davis and both still so young and growing. What if Rivers grows to 6'8 over the offseason? Paul George supposedly grew 2-3 inches from 6'8 to 6'10/11. It is still very possible for height but he should no doubt add serious muscle and stretch over next couple years with the way he works. Are you kidding a Bledsoe, Rivers, George, Davis/Ryno, Smith/Noel? line up would be absurd!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 12-20-2012 at 01:16 AM.

If the Clips are holding out for Andy V., then the Hornets have no chance of landing Bledsoe. They don't have a package that could get that without offering up their 1st and I am sorry, but I am not giving up a potential top 3 pick for a guy that I have never seen run a team as much as I like him.

Lopez, Vasquez, and a future protected first- that is my best offer. If they say no, I turn my attention to Jennings or I just develop Rivers, move GV to backup.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If the Clips are holding out for Andy V., then the Hornets have no chance of landing Bledsoe. They don't have a package that could get that without offering up their 1st and I am sorry, but I am not giving up a potential top 3 pick for a guy that I have never seen run a team as much as I like him.

Lopez, Vasquez, and a future protected first- that is my best offer. If they say no, I turn my attention to Jennings or I just develop Rivers, move GV to backup.
    That's exactly the package I'd offer.

There's no way I'd include Rivers or our 2013 first round pick for an unproven commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I made another thread because of the game that just happened.. Wouldn't that make sense? I believe the site has 1 other thread with Bledsoe sorry I didn't check. Make it clear on here how you would like to get him all on one thread.
    I deleted the comment. But you could have just posted the original comment on the other thread, thus bumping it and restoring the flow of conversation.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 12-20-2012 at 01:26 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Bledsoe is a must! Dell get it done! Christmas Present for all fans!

I don't think the Clippers have the assets to make a run for Varejao by themselves do they? They have DeAndre and Bledsoe but the Cavs already have a solid back court rotation.

I love that trade by future 1st I never meant this year. But I would be willing 2 give up 2 1st beyond that and maybe clippers believe they would be good high picks and bring in youth to a good roster. On the other hand after a draft next year we could take a break from the draft for a year or 2 by acquiring these other young players. I think they take that offer for Bledsoe if not go after Jennings. Then my next option would be to develop Rivers at the point as long as we have Eric Gordon with him could be a great backcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    That's exactly the package I'd offer.

There's no way I'd include Rivers or our 2013 first round pick for an unproven commodity.

I deleted the comment. But you could have just posted the original comment on the other thread, thus bumping it and restoring the flow of conversation.
    It's cool I deleted to. Waste of time to go to other thread this one is better haha.

Those salaries don't work. We'd need to take more back, plus I think, given Bledsoe's fantastic contract, it would take more. Vasquez/Lopez/Smith for Bledsoe/Odom works. It saves the Clippers $1.5m this year, Odom sucks, Lopez and Smiht improve their frontcourt depth (more important than depth at the 1/2), and Vasquez's defensive deficiencies are less likely to be exploited by backup PGs. Bledsoe has been extremely efficient, but he is still unproven. The trade gives us a brighter outlook in the future and gives the Clippers a better shot at going deep in the playoffs this and next year.

CP3/Vasquez
    Green/Crawford
    Barnes/Butler
    Griffin/Smith
    Jordan/Lopez

is DEFINITELY a better team than what they have not only now, but next year as well.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    I think it would look something like this:

CP3/Billups/Vasquez
    Billups/Crawford/Green
    Butler/Barnes
    Griffin/J Smith (would Clips accept him after last year )
    Jordan/Lopez

How about we just let Rivers run the point like we intended to do when he was drafted? Remember dat?
    We are not playoff bound...why not give it a shot? What's the worst that could happen? Another Loss...gasp!?!
    I think he can do it if given the opportunity. Let GV come off the bench.

Lopez, Smith, and Vasquez would probably be too much for me to give up.

I know Bledsoe's per minute numbers are high, but coming off the bench and played with your pants on fire for 18 minutes a night, and off the ball most of the time at that, is vastly different from running a team, setting the temp, and creating offense for others.

I love him as a part of a three guard rotation with Rivers and Gordon, but that package kills our depth up front- one of the only strengths we have. {;us you have no idea what his price tag will be in the summer of 2014.

I stick to GV, Lopez, and a future protected 1st- no more for Bledsoe and expirings

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    How about we just let Rivers run the point like we intended to do when he was drafted? Remember dat?
    We are not playoff bound...why not give it a shot? What's the worst that could happen? Another Loss...gasp!?!
    I think he can do it if given the opportunity. Let GV come off the bench.
    I'm fine with this for the remainder of the season. It's not like Roberts doesn't basically play like a SG when he's in anyway.
    Wherehappens.

So, the Clippers wouldn't include Bledsoe in a Deal for Paul and people think they will include him now for average at best players? Interesting.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

i dont think we would have to give up a first...look at the market for bledsoe...the only teams that i can possible trading for bledsoe besides us is dallas, utah, and sacramento....and dallas has nothing to give and i dont think sacramento would trade cousins for him...so the only team that worries me is utah since they could trade one of their bigs

plus cleveland has kyrie and waiters so i dont see how bledsoe makes sense for them in return for varejao

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If they're holding out on Anderson Varejao, then let's work some 3 team magic!

I dont think people understand how much the Cavs want for Andy V.

They turned down the 7th pick last summer and Andy's value has risen dramatically since then. They have said they want 2 quality young players and a pick. Not Aminu level players- good young players. It is not doable.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I dont think people understand how much the Cavs want for Andy V.

They turned down the 7th pick last summer and Andy's value has risen dramatically since then. They have said they want 2 quality young players and a pick. Not Aminu level players- good young players. It is not doable.
    Might require a 5 team trade then.

I don't see the Clips letting Bledsoe go without a commitment from CP3 on an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    I don't see the Clips letting Bledsoe go without a commitment from CP3 on an extension.
    But its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Because if the Clips sit on Bledsoe and lose in the first round because they are exposed up front, then Chris Paul sees the team is not making any progress and leaves.

To me, you gotta move Bledsoe for a big and go for it this year- at least make the second round and be competative in that series (unlike last year) for him to stay.

Gotta trade Bledsoe and have faith you can keep CP3 IMO

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    But its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Because if the Clips sit on Bledsoe and lose in the first round because they are exposed up front, then Chris Paul sees the team is not making any progress and leaves.

To me, you gotta move Bledsoe for a big and go for it this year- at least make the second round and be competative in that series (unlike last year) for him to stay.

Gotta trade Bledsoe and have faith you can keep CP3 IMO
    Just curious, where have they released a statement that they are aggressively pursuing a big

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Like we did with Darren Collison... no.. .wait...

Thread Information