Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Hawks at Pelicans 11/13/17

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I just told my friend that can we get just one Fricken blow out win please lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Doesn't even need to be a blowout. I'll take one of those 8-10 point wins where it never feels out of control.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Doesn't even need to be a blowout. I'll take one of those 8-10 point wins where it never feels out of control.
    Right now an 8-10 point win will feel like a blow out to me lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I've always rooted for DMill as he can pass and shoot when he is in the mood. If he can stay motivated and build on his last few games, he can be a steal for us. Also, never been Moore's biggest fan, but he always seems to have a decent game when he makes cuts to the basket.
    When Moore scores 16 we win. Miller has def turned a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I posted just above exactly how big miller's corner has been. 9 games of 1.6ppg on 26%3pt, to five games of 11.5ppg on 54%3pt is super impressive

Exactly. He is technically the last scoring option (Jrue seems like it some games), so we should win if he is hot. Miller has always had a good basketball brain. He just needs to stay in shape and stay motivated. I believe he fell out with Monty because of his lack of commitment to basketball. He seems to have matured to say the least.

That was an ugly win with turnovers but Moore and Miller saved us! We need to act like we care about playing defense for the whole game. Guys are so lazy guarding the 3pt line and the extra pass.

They both are playing with confidence. I will be happy to admit that I was wrong about Miller with his play lately. I guess that benching lit a fire under him.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    That was an ugly win with turnovers but Moore and Miller saved us! We need to act like we care about playing defense for the whole game. Guys are so lazy guarding the 3pt line and the extra pass.
    One of the big reasons we always let teams hang with us. I don't know how you convince the team it needs to play D though

Though last year we were top 10? Super odd

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    One of the big reasons we always let teams hang with us. I don't know how you convince the team it needs to play D though

Though last year we were top 10? Super odd
    Solomon Hill lol

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Exactly. He is technically the last scoring option (Jrue seems like it some games), so we should win if he is hot. Miller has always had a good basketball brain. He just needs to stay in shape and stay motivated. I believe he fell out with Monty because of his lack of commitment to basketball. He seems to have matured to say the least.
    The thing is, when teams really go all out to stop Boogie/A.D. SOMEBODY has to be open, and when Moore cuts and the bigs find him, he's going to have nice looking games as long as he doesn't get too overexcited with the 1 on 1 stuff. He should be able to do this all year, Rondo and Grindfather both know how to cut as well. Theoretically Clark does, but I don't know if you can keep on playing him given how badly he's been playing now with Rondo back.

Even with the shaky 3pt shooting, guys moving without the ball and taking advantage of the room created by all the attention on the bigs should allow the Pels to score.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 11-13-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Breaking news: I just ran into Ajinca at Walgreens. Me and FlyGirl kinda had this thing where whenever we would run into a player, they wouldn’t be with the team long after that. Lol! Happened with everyone. CP3, Jason Smith, Janero Pargo, etc.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    The thing is, when teams really go all out to stop Boogie/A.D. SOMEBODY has to be open, and when Moore cuts and the bigs find him, he's going to have nice looking games as long as he doesn't get too overexcited with the 1 on 1 stuff. He should be able to do this all year, Rondo and Grindfather both know how to cut as well. Theoretically Clark does, but I don't know if you can keep on playing him given how badly he's been playing now with Rondo back.

Even with our shaky 3pt shooting, guys moving without the ball and taking advantage of the room created by all the attention on the bigs should allow the Pels to score.
    Good post. We lacked decent movement once Quincy went down with injury years ago. If Moore and the other lads can get more involved off the ball, we will continue to get those easy baskets. AD and Boogie demand so much attention that everyone else has to chip in. Thank the lord Rondo is coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Breaking news: I just ran into Ajinca at Walgreens. Me and FlyGirl kinda had this thing where whenever we would run into a player, they wouldn’t be with the team long after that. Lol! Happened with everyone. CP3, Jason Smith, Janero Pargo, etc.
    Here's to hoping that trend continues.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Even with the shaky 3pt shooting, guys moving without the ball and taking advantage of the room created by all the attention on the bigs should allow the Pels to score.
    Yeah it's time for Clark to get phased out of the rotation. It's not working lately. Also, we really needed Moore and Miller to gain confidence and not get scared to shoot. They will get open looks all season so they can't be afraid to take them.

Yeah it's time for Clark to get phased out of the rotation. It's not working lately. Also, we really needed Moore and Miller to gain confidence and not get scared to shoot. They will get open looks all season so they can't be afraid to take them.

So Denver is going to lose, Clips and Golden State involved in competitive games:

HOU 11-3
    GSW 10-3 (in progress)
    SAS 8-5
    MIN 8-5
    DEN 8-6
    NOP 8-6
    MEM 7-6
    POR 7-6
    -------------
    OKC 6-7
    UTH 6-8
    LAC 5-7 (in progress)

so Pels actually tied for #5/#6 right now. And 14 games is 1/6th of the season btw.

It's never easy, but on any realistic scale you have to call this a successful start.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 11-13-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Much more successful than previous seasons. I need a few long win streaks!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    It's certainly encouraging, and you can't discount that this is probably our best start since Monty's first season here. The only thing that leads for concern is the ability to let other teams stay in games. It's a risky way to play throughout the season. I just hope they get it together.

I'm too old for that Type off games... Do You think it's time to start Miller at 3? I'm really happy for him.

Watch the recap on nba.com

Who does cousins play for? (Stats at the end).

Amateurs

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm glad we got this win. Very fortunate that we won. Miller had the game winning shot. But notice we are down by 1 Miller is open in the corner for the wide open shot, Jrue decided not to pass to him and drive in traffic getting the ball poked away lucky for us it bounced right to miller for the 3 point shot. The last points the team scored. Good win but we really need to clean up the mistakes if possible.

That close to another crunch time turnover by Jrue. Miller was obviously hot feed the man. Can't wait until Rondo is back full time.

Eleven games ahead of last season! We had 17 losses in 2016 before our 8th win.
    Tied for 5th in the West!

We still play to our level of competition, but have enough talent to win a higher percentage of the close games than we did in the past. We can overcome ridiculous 3-point shooting, bad officiating, or other setbacks that would have lost us the game in years past. Cousins in a much more effective bully than Tyreke, and we can draw on his ability to score when our outside shooting goes dry and Davis is being swarmed. The big questions is whether that will be enough to allow us to play up to our level of competition and win a few against those that are (temporarily) ahead of us in the standings.....

We should not let our opponent dictate whether we get into the paint on offense, but in yesterday's game we had multiple possessions when we passed only around the perimeter and did not have anyone in the paint for offensive rebounding. I don't like it. I do like the win.

this team is not ideal, has some (many) flaws...
    but to succeed Pels needed good start (some wins)

8 from 14 is not bad

Before the season I have projected Pels to win 48 games (I expected 10-4 after 14 games and 13-7 after 20 games )

Rondo just returned. Wait and see how we will play with him.
    Ajinca should be back in 1-2 weeks time.
    Hill around begining of February, Jackson in January.

Before the season national media had no hope. Gentry and Dell were no1 on the hot seat rankings.
    Now even national media should expect some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    this team is not ideal, has some (many) flaws...
    but to succeed Pels needed good start (some wins)

8 from 14 is not bad

Before the season I have projected Pels to win 48 games (I expected 10-4 after 14 games and 13-7 after 20 games )

Rondo just returned. Wait and see how we will play with him.
    Ajinca should be back in 1-2 weeks time.
    Hill around begining of February, Jackson in January.

Before the season national media had no hope. Gentry and Dell were no1 on the hot seat rankings.
    Now even national media should expect some hope.
    You say we have many flaws but still predicted 10-4, interesting

Also credit to Moore, he's been very good apart from a few games. Better than Jrue anyway

Thread Information