Pelicans Report

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Warriors vs Pelicans Game 1 Playoff Thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Nice last 12 minutes , but 1Q is not enough to win game in the playoffs. Anderson needs to play something ... right now he plays nothing ... GSW is garbage. They have 0 % chance to win championship...
    Actually we out scored them 86-78 over the final 3 qtrs. we lost the game in the 1st qtr. we will be ok. Won't happen again.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    All I know is... I get to be home in time to watch the Bulls v Bucks game. Tyreke has 2 days to recover from what seemed to be a minor(?) injury? That and Monty figuring out rotations and when to best use Asik/Anderson/Ajinca. I'm sure the Pels are proud, but also disappointed with the game. But I'm curious how the Warriors feel. I wonder if they're still cocky. Or if they're slightly worried now. Just 1-2 defenseive stops by the Pels earlier on... Just 1-2 of those early 3's that missed go down... Just 1-2 interruptions on those long Warrior 12-2 type runs... and the Pels win this game. That's close. Really close. Unless the Pels completely wet the bed the next few games, The Warriors can't look at this series as the 1st seed pounding the 8th seed anymore. It could be a huge mistake getting cocky and pissing off Babbitt and Jimmer.

Just imagine if AD actually gets some sleep before the next game...

They don't need to change the starting lineup. Those starters, especially Asik, need to play better. They need to play defense on a string instead of these gaping open lanes. Fight through screens. Make the screener uncomfortable. Elbow him where the refs can't see. Playoff basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

Really interesting, I wrote off that quarter due to jitters, if they keep playing this well they have a chance to steal a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    They don't need to change the starting lineup. Those starters, especially Asik, need to play better. They need to play defense on a string instead of these gaping open lanes. Fight through screens. Make the screener uncomfortable. Elbow him where the refs can't see. Playoff basketball.
    Davis needs to be playing the 5. That's obvious.

Have to say I enjoy the fight in this team. Being down by 25 I expected them to just focus on the next game and it appeared the Warriors did also. Instead they never let up and got themselves back into the game. Invaluable experience being gained here.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Davis needs to be playing the 5. That's obvious.
    Very obvious
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Asik will fare better against the 2nd unit and AD would dominate the warriors at the 5. The 4th quarter proved that. This shouldn't even be up for debate.

The casual fan could see that Asik shouldn't be playing out there as soon as the game started. The warriors were running all their actions at him and forcing him to come out the paint and play the pick and roll. He simply couldn't matchup and wind up being stuck in no mans land.
    Agreed, I think the style that is being played this just doesn't suit Asik, everything's just too quick. I like the idea of him and Ajinca on the second unit dominating the boards.

Banned
    Coles is tough but doesn't help us enough against the best

Is any radio station doing post game?

let's remember the sage words of (I think) Charles Barkley

"a series hasn't truly started until a road team wins"
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

I'm proud of these guys. We had a horrible 1st half, which was semi-expected. But we regrouped and rallied in the 2nd half, especially the 4th quarter. I'd like to see Ryno start over Asik, and force them to put Bogut on AD.

Honestly, we have a fairly decent chance of stealing game two!

aD just said it, green on perimeter,melt Dante cover him

Is it a shame that our highest paid player isn't at the mic?

Man that AD is one skinny dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Coles is tough but doesn't help us enough against the best
    He was part of the reason Curry was non-existent in the 4th and also facilitated the offense beautifully when we went on that last run. Got AD some good looks. He was huge for us tonight.

Banned
    Curry got lazy. When engaged it is no contest . He tries hard so he takes advantage of lapses. That is it

Golden State worried? They are acting like they will get this series easily. Steph Curry's interview on the radio after the game proved that. He felt that it was nothing we did that stopped them. Rather, it was what they didn't do right. Steph, be careful of downplaying your opponent. I remember someone else did that and what happened to his team? Hey Calipari, how does that couch feel with out a trophy on the night stand? He said the same thing about Notre Dame and then Wisconsin blew them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Curry got lazy. When engaged it is no contest . He tries hard so he takes advantage of lapses. That is it
    Well a lot of guards seem to get lazy when Norris Cole is hounding them. Just sayin'.
    "3 words to describe me? Hardworking, alpha-male, jackhammer." - Dwight K Schrute

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    As much as it pains me to say it but Ryno needs to start at the 4 next game with ad at The 5. Ryno is just horrible on defense tho. Let's see how it works. Ad needs to establish his game early on in game 2 and then the rest if the guys should be able to feed off him if he gets it going .
    You have it half-right. Dante needs to start at the 4 because although he can't body with Green he can chase him to the outside and provide far more help on close defense than Olé Ryno. AD learned a hard lesson tonight regarding physicality in the playoffs. Perhaps it's because they have been there before, but Qtip, Dante and Cole were the guys who bowed their backs and showed AD it's time to get Your Bad Face on.

Quote Originally Posted by observerII View Post
    You have it half-right. Dante needs to start at the 4 because although he can't body with Green he can chase him to the outside and provide far more help on close defense than Olé Ryno. AD learned a hard lesson tonight regarding physicality in the playoffs. Perhaps it's because they have been there before, but Qtip, Dante and Cole were the guys who bowed their backs and showed AD it's time to get Your Bad Face on.
    Start Dante and you have the same spacing issues. Green and Bogut will essentially be doubling AD again just like they did with Asik on the floor.

The Pels aren't winning this series, but they can put AD in a position to go off, and to me that is better than losing the series and watching AD struggle.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by observerII View Post
    No way man. We need Ryno for the spacing.

Thread Information