Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic at Pelicans in the Blender 10-30-17

Banned

Magic at Pelicans in the Blender 10-30-17

Tip Off 7pm

Can’t decide if I wanna spend the $20 to go to the game tonight. Those stub hub ticket prices are always so tempting.
    RIP FlyGirl

After the first games I was so disappointed and I was wondering how long I will have to wait to get excited before a Pelicans game and surprisingly I am now I cant wait to see this game against a young team that has been playing really well

I would hope we take them to town.

They did hammer San Antonio, but as far as I remember... they haven’t played anyone on the road in the west yet...
    '' We are here!!''

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Can’t decide if I wanna spend the $20 to go to the game tonight. Those stub hub ticket prices are always so tempting.
    SeatGeek is your best friend.

I am taking the wife and kids for the man childs birthday. Section 118, row 24 $23 a pop. The beauty with SeatGeek is that it works like Orbitz, it pulls from all the ticket sites, and gets you the lowest price.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    These boys are on fire. Gotta put a stop to their hot streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    If you are considering spending $20, you may want to call the Pelicans' ticket office. They had a promotion whereby you could get a lower bowl ticket for $31 and get a free Cousins' jersey with it. Not sure if they still have any tickets left for the promotion, but the extra $11 may be worth the jersey.

This should be an interesting game for AD and Cousins. Both of the Magic’s starting big men are excellent 3-point shooters, so I’d expect Davis and Cousins to be out of the paint more than usual.

I’m hoping the Pels take advantage of the fact that Orlando’s pick and roll defense is horrible. Hopefully, it is something that can be exploited and was done by the Hornets against the Magic.

I'm looking forward to this. If we can put a stop to the Magic hot streak, which I think is very possible with our unique avenues of offense, then it will solidify us to a lot of casual observers as a team that's really moved out of our terrible phase.
    Basketball.

Should be a fun game. Gonna have to disrupt their 3 point shooting to stay alive.

I am predicting a win tonight and the Pelicans are above .500 for the first time in years!! Pelicans and Saints looking good for the year! New Orleans finally has a lot to cheer for in the sports!

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    These boys are on fire. Gotta put a stop to their hot streak.
    Who's hot streak? Orlando just lost last night.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Who's hot streak? Orlando just lost last night.
    They're 4-2 with beatdown wins against the then undefeated Spurs and the ex-Finals Cavs. Yeah they lost a few, but (admittedly in a very small sample size) they're on pace for 55 wins. They're averaging nearly 118ppg, shooting basically 44% from 3, and moving the ball well. You can lose even when you're hot, and they look scorching.

.......I kind of don't want to ask.....but when IS the last time we were above .500?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    They're 4-2 with beatdown wins against the then undefeated Spurs and the ex-Finals Cavs. Yeah they lost a few, but (admittedly in a very small sample size) they're on pace for 55 wins. They're averaging nearly 118ppg, shooting basically 44% from 3, and moving the ball well. You can lose even when you're hot, and they look scorching.
    There are no teams in the league on a "hot streak" 6 games in. Cleveland and especially San Antonio have their injury problems. Plus Orlando just lost to Charlotte. If they were hot, they've cooled off a bit now.

Not that it means much, but Pelicans are also -7.5 point favorites. Might be the largest spread of the night.

Not that it means much, but Pelicans are also -7.5 point favorites. Might be the largest spread of the night.
    As a non gambler am I reading that right in the Pelicans being a 7.5 point underdog? That seems interesting given we are at home, thought it would be closer.

There are no teams in the league on a "hot streak" 6 games in. Cleveland and especially San Antonio have their injury problems. Plus Orlando just lost to Charlotte. If they were hot, they've cooled off a bit now.
    However you want to put it, they are playing with a higher energy level and general cohesive offense right now than they played with the entire last season. Call it whatever you want, but if they play against us tonight the way they have played the last 6 games and we win (which I think we will) then it says a lot about us and our upwards trend.

And like I said, it's possible to be hot and still lose. They lost but they still put up 113 points, had five different players with more than 15 points, had 28 assists on 41FGs, and only had 11 turnovers. They lost but they still largely looked good.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 10-30-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Banned
    The Memphis Grizzlies are the Hottest team in the NBA at this time.
    The Magic are right under them.
    Tough game tonight against a winning ball club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    As a non gambler am I reading that right in the Pelicans being a 7.5 point underdog? That seems interesting given we are at home, thought it would be closer.
    When is minus it means favourite

We are expected to win by 8 or more by Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    When is minus it means favourite

We are expected to win by 8 or more by Vegas
    Thank you got clarifying. That makes more sense to me.

I haven’t sat in the lower bowl in a lifetime. I miss it. My wife didn’t want me to buy tickets to begin with so I know she won’t be cool with the $60 spend. Hahah. That really is a good deal though, with the jersey involved!

If Jrue gives another game like against the Cavs, we should have a good strong of winning.

Let's do this, get another tick in the win column.

Crazy how much Cunningham has regressed

Thread Information