Pelicans Report

Thread: Hornets Draft Talk (Long)

Hornets Draft Talk (Long)

Depending on how we finish, if gordon comes back, if davis rivers lopez and so on stay helthy, who knows the season is young but for the conversation i will put us in the very middle at pick 15, but i do believe with a healthy gordon, davis, draft pick next year and big FA signing we will be a top 5 team for the next 5 years.

PG:
    They dont really have any spectacular PG's this year, mainly a bunch of combo guards that are playing the point like ian williams and marcus smart:

Marcus Smart - a combo guard that can do absolutely everything, he is a leader, great scorer unlimited range great passer very unselfish, athletic, post game and is a pitbull on defense, this guy would be an absolute steal and is one of the 2 guys i hope we end up with. Marcus Smart would be best on a team with players who can create for themselves and would fit perfect next to gordon, rivers and davis and would take ALOT of scoring stress off our other players, the PERFECT player for us.

ian williams - the next russel westbrook, beyond fast and athletic and can dunk with the best of them, has to improve his shooting, i'll say it again, westbrook jr. He will do best on a team who has players who can create for themselves and dont need a true PG, just like the thunder.

Myck Kabongo - The best TRUE PG in the draft. He is very Rajon Rondo like, a pure playmaker and facilitator, not only is unselfish passing the ball, but enjoys it, he is SUPER quick and great on defense. Very good in transition. Need to improve his shot. Great ball handler.

SG:
    This draft is deepest at SG and SF and they have some absolute freaks this year.

Im not gonna talk about shabazz because he will be a top 2 pick and i think is the next kobe bryant.

Archie Goodwin - my fav SG in the draft. Plays absolutely effortlesly and is a pure SCORER, very monta ellis like, great athlete, can score from anywhere, create for himself and has incredible explosiveness for dunking. This kid is the best scorer in the draft and is only a freshmen.

Ben McLemore - most athletic SG in the draft, can rise and explode at will for a highlight dunk at any time, reminds me of a mixture of JR Smith and jason richardson, very raw but extremely high ceiling.

Kentavious Caldwell Pope - 6"6 jump shooter, natural shooter and can also get to the rim for nice layups, his problem is he knows he can shoot it and will take contested shots too often.

SF: SUPER DEEP SF CLASS!

James McAdoo - A cross between james worthy and josh smith, 6"9 superior athlete with also a great post game and a sweet jumpshot, he also is a beast at rebouding, last night i believe he had 28points and 14rebounds. He is a tweener just like josh smith, a top 3 player in the draft.

Tony Mitchell - just an intimidating, super athletic, rebounding, defending, shot blocking, dunking machine, cant reate for himself but is very athletic, reminds me of Aminu

Adonis Thomas - Andre Igudoula meets gerald wallace, can jump out the gym, pretty nice layup game and a great defender, great body control around the rim. Undersized at 6"6

Otto Porter - the 2nd best SF in the draft. Very smart, muscular and decent athlete, can shoot and post up and possess good handles, good defense and good quickness. a Do it all SF.

PF - very weak PF class besides Zeller of course who is just outstanding.

Cody Zeller - 2nd best player in the draft, great shot, incredible post game and incredible rebounder, comparable to pau gasol and chris kaman, but much smarter and better defensively.

C - Bunch of good Centers in this years draft! Good for us!

Nerlens Noel - people are comparing him to camby and davis, but he is nowhere near as good as davis offensively but his defense is incredible, will be a top 5 pick

Alex Len - my fave center in the draft, at 7"1 he is big strong can rebound and can score. Top 10 pick

Steven Adams - another C i love, he is what they expected byron mullens to be. he is rediculously athletic for a 7ft and can blok anything. extremely strong.

with that being said i hope we end up with either archie goodwin, marcus smart, alex len, steven adams

Steven Adams is a New Zealander so the Sean Marks Kiwilicious fan will be happy with him.

For me. I like Noel, Muhammed, Kabongo, Smart, Goodwin, McAdoo, Len and Adams

I like CJ Mcollum, he is another Damian Lillard.

i like mcollum i see a lot of aaron brooks in him

i also like lebryan nash, poor man's melo at he SF

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    I like CJ Mcollum, he is another Damian Lillard.
    I like McCollum alot but I don't see it. Lillard had elite speed, quickness, and athleticism. He is also the better shooter, better handles, and better finisher. I see McCollum more of a shooting guard than a point.

James Mcdoo, is the best player in this year draft

alex poythress looks goooooood!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Archie Goodwin interests me a lot. Want to see more. Could replace EG if we're able to trade him

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Archie Goodwin interests me a lot. Want to see more. Could replace EG if we're able to trade him
    my 2nd fave prospect

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    alex poythress looks goooooood!
    Poythress is an animal. I'm really surprised not to see him on this list.

Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    James Mcdoo, is the best player in this year draft
    Agreed,he's been a beast so far!! Very polished and is a freak athlete. He gets two or three steals a game by stepping into the passing lane and taking it on the break. He has gotten tougher this season and has been a much more aggressive rebounder because of it. I think that he will be a stud at the next level.
    Last edited by coltsguy510; 11-14-2012 at 02:03 AM.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    Steven Adams is a New Zealander so the Sean Marks Kiwilicious fan will be happy with him.

For me. I like Noel, Muhammed, Kabongo, Smart, Goodwin, McAdoo, Len and Adams
    Yes he would be lol
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    my 2nd fave prospect
    aussieNOHfan?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    McAdoo had better explode this season. Or he'll be making the same mistake Harrison Barnes and Jared Sullinger made.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    McAdoo had better explode this season. Or he'll be making the same mistake Harrison Barnes and Jared Sullinger made.
    Barnes as a freshman led his team in scoring (15.7 PPG) in 29.4 minutes per game. Sullinger as a freshman led his team in scoring (17.2 PPG) in 31.7 minutes per game.

McAdoo as a freshman was 7th on his team in scoring (6.1 PPG) in 15.6 minutes per game.

Barnes and Sullinger opted out of a weak draft to enter a strong draft. McAdoo opted out of a strong draft to enter a weak draft.

Barnes was still drafted 7th overall in one of the strongest drafts in recent memory. Sullinger would have been a top 10 pick if he didn't have different sized legs/chronic back issues, which would have been discovered whether he left after his freshman year or after his sophomore year.

McAdoo will be fine. It looks like he's having a great year so far.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    By opting out of a weak draft, Barnes and Sullinger went from being consensus #1 and #2 types to going like 7th and 23rd.

McAdoo only comes out ahead if he blows up. If he has an average season, it hurts him. That's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    By opting out of a weak draft, Barnes and Sullinger went from being consensus #1 and #2 types to going like 7th and 23rd.

McAdoo only comes out ahead if he blows up. If he has an average season, it hurts him. That's all I'm saying.
    I get what you're saying. Just wanted to point out that 1. Sullinger was going to fall hard no matter when he came out because of the medical red flags and 2. Barnes and Sullinger had elite freshman seasons and had nowhere to go but down; McAdoo was a role player his freshman year and could potentially gain a lot by being UNC's #1 option as a sophomore and holding out for a weaker draft.

I'm not trying to be argumentative--sorry if it came off that way. I just feel like there's been a slowly increasing sentiment that if you are forecast as a lottery pick, that you stand little to gain by coming back for your sophomore season. While that's frequently true, I actually think McAdoo is an interesting exception. I'm excited to see what he does this year (and this is coming from a KU fan )
    Last edited by greewe; 11-14-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Give me Isaiah Austin out of Baylor. He's a difference maker both offensively and defensively for that team.

I honestly see the Hornets drafting Kabongo assuming we make playoffs and be doesn't fall off a cliff.
    Jrue dat

I'm just intrigued with Austin because he is a 7 foot PF/C who handles the ball like a guard, has quite some range and is a defensive presence. Only concern is his strength and not having that NBA body.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    I'm just intrigued with Austin because he is a 7 foot PF/C who handles the ball like a guard, has quite some range and is a defensive presence. Only concern is his strength and not having that NBA body.
    sound a little bit like someone else we know?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Why do people keep suggesting us to trade Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    sound a little bit like someone else we know?
    When I was reading up about him AD instantly came to mind, I can't link the video cause I'm on my phone but the way this kid handles the ball and the way AD does is a whole different thing.

Thread Information