Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Possible S&T for Gordon?/Gordon trade possibilities {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by LilSisterFister View Post
    Well it does say "sign Gordon", which they technically did. Even though i hate Gordon in a suns jersey, i do have to admit that that is a great quality signature! it looks real professional and high quality. signature it self gets an A in my book. The subject matter gets a F.
    Haha I just like your name. High quality.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by TK8EZBIGEZ View Post
    Dude sorry! I just don't watch a lot of suns games.

Why is no one interested in Brown though? He's crazy athletic!
    That is true, but he will never be more than a 7th or 8th man.
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709 View Post
    That is true, but he will never be more than a 7th or 8th man.
    exactly we don't even know how this marshall and marcheif guy will turn out, let's go for the PROVEN players

just like EG said and sock it to them!

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by TK8EZBIGEZ View Post
    exactly we don't even know how this marshall and marcheif guy will turn out, let's go for the PROVEN players

just like EG said and sock it to them!
    If we were a playoff team I would agree and take the proven players, but when we are rebuilding I say take a chance on unproven players and if they hit great and if they don't well we get a higher draft pick.

Banned
    I dont think thats true. From what i remember, Brown was a stud in Lakerland. I dont know what happend to him on the Suns, but the few games i did see, he played rather well. They should have started him instead of Duddly. I really wouldnt mind giving Brown a shot. If we could get Warrick+Brown+lakers 1st for traitor Gordon, i would consider that a win.

Im just afraid of asking to much and PHX calling our bluff. I wouldn't want to be stuck with a upset star and have my hand forced like denver last year and orlando this year!

I don't know if its possible but I'd love to S & T Gordon to Chicago for Noah straight up, and I think they would have to at least consider it.

I dont think thats true. From what i remember, Brown was a stud in Lakerland. I dont know what happend to him on the Suns, but the few games i did see, he played rather well. They should have started him instead of Duddly. I really wouldnt mind giving Brown a shot. If we could get Warrick+Brown+lakers 1st for traitor Gordon, i would consider that a win.
    your name...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Your kidding right? Motiejunas (that's how you spell his name) is not going anywhere. We have been waiting for a year for him to come and be the face of our franchise. Think we're trading him for a guy who watches more games in a suit than he plays in? Hell nah!

Lamb was probably the best SG in the draft and we got a HUGE steal with him. We even traded up to get him and he's been compared to Reggie Miller...you honestly think we're gonna let him go soon? That's cute.

We gave up Kyle Lowry who is arguably a top 8 PG in this league to get Toronto's 1st rd pick. No way in hell we give that up for Eric "glass" Gordon.

But I can see White/Jones/Dooling/lottery protected 1st for Gordon....maybe we throw in Morris too but idk if Morey will do that for such an injury prone tweener guard...trust me we've had our share of injuries the past few years no need to add to that
    ha and ha

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    This sunsfan88 dude on psd is really going to drive me crazy. He's acting like Gordon is already a member of the Suns. Talking about how it's a foregone conclusion that we won't match and there will be a sign and trade.

This is his sig:

Even though i hate Gordon in a suns jersey, i do have to admit that that is a great quality signature! it looks real professional and high quality. signature it self gets an A in my book. The subject matter gets a F.
    I disagree I personally think that is one of the funniest signatures I've ever seen. The creepy eyes on the left along with his weird looking stance in the middle. Looks like he's feeling extra happy in that pic

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cjjr72984 View Post
    I disagree I personally think that is one of the funniest signatures I've ever seen. The creepy eyes on the left along with his weird looking stance in the middle. Looks like he's feeling extra happy in that pic
    He should look happy, home is where the heart is.

Its just kinda creepy. One of the best signatures i have ever seen, but creepy. Specially with the picture where his hands are together like an evil Mr. Burns. I could actually see him posing like that in a suns jersey...........

........right after he screws us over.

Really motiejunas face of your franchise... I'm sorry, I feel for your team.

Lamb is like miller after downing a bottle of cough syrup

And Lowry is at most a top 15 pg.

Your team should be happy to get gordon for those two players and the pick.
    Both players are unproven and gordon is a top 5 sg. Yes he has injury concerns but your team will have a steal on their hands if that boy can put in 2 full seasons over this contract. You've got to give to get buddy.

Banned
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	399471_410465645671556_2078038816_n.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	4097

I bet thats why Gordons heart is in Pheonix. You cant find tail like that everyday in the Bayou!

I bet thats why Gordons heart is in Pheonix. You cant find tail like that everyday in the Bayou!
    24 is pretty damn sexy

Quote Originally Posted by DTBHornet View Post
    Really motiejunas face of your franchise... I'm sorry, I feel for your team.

Lamb is like miller after downing a bottle of cough syrup

And Lowry is at most a top 15 pg.

Your team should be happy to get gordon for those two players and the pick.
    Both players are unproven and gordon is a top 5 sg. Yes he has injury concerns but your team will have a steal on their hands if that boy can put in 2 full seasons over this contract. You've got to give to get buddy.
    Really? Name 15 PGs better than Lowry.

And here you go read the comparison on here

http://nbadraft.net/players/jeremy-lamb

And bro I don't trust our med staff to keep him healthy for even 5 games let alone 2 seasons Ever since Yao started getting injury trouble, our players have all caught on to that disease

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Aggregate IQ... of forum... sinking!
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

The Franchise

And bro I don't trust our med staff to keep him healthy for even 5 games let alone 2 seasons Ever since Yao started getting injury trouble, our players have all caught on to that disease
    Challenge accepted, in no particular order

Paul
    Williams
    Rondo
    Nash
    Westbrook
    Wall
    Parker
    Curry
    Lawson
    Rubio
    Irving
    Rose
    Jennings
    Dragic
    Holiday/Kidd/Lin - to be fair he probably fits in this group but that's 14 better.
    Last edited by RyanM; 07-07-2012 at 04:11 AM.

Lowry was a top 15 PG this past season before his injury.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Lol Ryan called your bluff, though I think he does fall in right next to dragic.

I personally just don't like lambs demenor looks like he might pass out at any moment, like he doesn't care about the game.

personally I want to trade him out to a team with a horrid medical staff, send him to Portland, but in all fairness I hope he plays well enough to make both sides of the trade equal, whatever that may be.

I think the Suns would do this because Warrick and Brown probably are not in the Suns plans with Gordon here anyway. But they are not going to give up normal trade value for Gordon. They are overpaying for him already and they know it. So giving up more usable assets for the right to overpay doesn't make sense.

This whole thread is lol-worthy. You guys do realize that as soon as Gordon signs the offer sheet he can't be sign and traded at all never mind to the Rockets. On top of that, unless Gordon changes his mind and rejects the offer sheet from the Suns, NO can only negotiate with the Suns for a sign and trade.
    You aren't going to fleece the Suns by the way, so asking for Gortat, Marshall, Morris, unprotected picks ain't gonna fly. It will be at MOST Marshall(or Morris), 2 lotto protected 1st's. When the Suns S&T Joe Johnson it was for Diaw, 2 picks. If you ask for the world the Suns will say "No thanks, have fun building around your disgruntled star who does not want to be there".

Quote Originally Posted by lolworthy View Post
    This whole thread is lol-worthy. You guys do realize that as soon as Gordon signs the offer sheet he can't be sign and traded at all never mind to the Rockets. On top of that, unless Gordon changes his mind and rejects the offer sheet from the Suns, NO can only negotiate with the Suns for a sign and trade.
    You aren't going to fleece the Suns by the way, so asking for Gortat, Marshall, Morris, unprotected picks ain't gonna fly. It will be at MOST Marshall(or Morris), 2 lotto protected 1st's. When the Suns S&T Joe Johnson it was for Diaw, 2 picks. If you ask for the world the Suns will say "No thanks, have fun building around your disgruntled star who does not want to be there".
    He can be traded with his permission to any other team besides the suns once we match. You can get the suns and Gordon to renounce the contract and do a sign and trade to the suns. Please research.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 07-07-2012 at 02:38 PM.

And just why would the Suns renounce and allow you guys to sign and trade him? If no sign and trade is worked out by the 11th, Gordon will sign the offer sheet and NO have the choice to match/not match. That's it. If they match they can't trade him until Dec 15th, and he can veto any trade for a year. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by lolworthy View Post
    And just why would the Suns renounce and allow you guys to sign and trade him? If no sign and trade is worked out by the 11th, Gordon will sign the offer sheet and NO have the choice to match/not match. That's it. If they match they can't trade him until Dec 15th, and he can veto any trade for a year. Good luck with that.
    Is this a now a why would question instead of a bold AT ALL statement? You're already back peddling into the ropes with your trolling, don't make me figuratively knock you out now.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Is this a now a why would question instead of a bold AT ALL statement? You're already back peddling into the ropes with your trolling, don't make me figuratively knock you out now.
    It just a silly scenario. There is no reason why the Suns would renounce so he could be traded elsewhere. Not trying to troll here, really. Just trying to look objectively. I have always assumed that NO would match. I don't think the Suns are going to offer anything of great substance for a s&t. They are just overpaying and then wondering if NO wants to overpay a sg who does not want to be there. If so, the Suns move on to the next option.

If they can make it more palatable by giving NO something will take the sting out of it, fine.

It happened to the Suns with Joe Johnson.

Thread Information