Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Possible S&T for Gordon?/Gordon trade possibilities {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    Phoenix gets: Eric Gordon
    NO gets: Kendall Marshall, Robin Lopez, Suns & Lakers 1st round picks in 2013
    Nope.

And someone said Motiejunas could have gone #2 over all in this draft. I'll find it.

If we didn't want to give him a max offer, and no other team he visited did, why do you think a team would want to pay him the max AND give up a bunch of assets to get him? He has talent, but he is extremely injury prone and immature. If we match a max offer and he gets injured and is out for the season what do you think his trade value is then?

Quote Originally Posted by WilkesG View Post
    If we didn't want to give him a max offer, and no other team he visited did, why do you think a team would want to pay him the max AND give up a bunch of assets to get him? He has talent, but he is extremely injury prone and immature. If we match a max offer and he gets injured and is out for the season what do you think his trade value is then?
    What's his trade value now? Not that much. Trading him now would be selling low on him.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Hornets aren't going to get fair value for Gordon just like they didn't with CP3

Houston can offer the best package, by far....

Houston gets: Gordon and Jack (they need a PG now)

N.O. gets: Montiejunas, Lamb, and either White/Jones + Toronto's 1st round pick

Fair value, IMO, and McHale is tripping out over all of the rookies that he has to work with. He is demanding veterans, and he gets 2 veteran starters here. Not sure about the salaries, but we could make it work with a filler or 2.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    Hornets aren't going to get fair value for Gordon just like they didn't with CP3
    They got great value for Paul... just turns out Gordon became a malcontent. Not sure what you were expecting for a guy with one year left on his contract -- ten first rounders and a couple of all-stars?
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

Fair value, IMO, and McHale is tripping out over all of the rookies that he has to work with. He is demanding veterans, and he gets 2 veteran starters here. Not sure about the salaries, but we could make it work with a filler or 2.
    And why shall we have all them rookies?
    Last edited by Trell; 07-06-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

I would keep Jack and also take Martin's expiring contract. Jack is on a one year deal. I like starting him and bringing Rivers off the bench. Then we can try to flip Jack and Martin at the deadline for whatever value we can get. Mainly draft picks. Sign Brand to a one year deal.

C - Smith, Ayon, Montejunas
    PF - Davis, Brand, TJones
    SF - Aminu, Henry, Miller
    SG - Martin, Lamb/Rivers
    PG - Jack, Vasquez/Rivers

We can try to flip Brand, Jack, and Martin at the deadline unless we're in the playoff race letting them expire at the end of season which is fine. Also we could trade guys like Henry and Vasquez as well to give Miller and Rivers playing time.

Also, I think Rivers and Lamb could complEment each other well.

jack or rivers or vasquez
    lamb, rivers
    aminu, t. jones
    a davis, t. jones
    montiejunas, smith

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    We will be lacking so much darn weight!

Houston won't trade for him

Houston is not going to trade for him, unless they somehow get Howard and want to have another player to add to that. Guys that are overpaid don't have nearly as much value as they used to. Many teams may see a max contract to a guy that is always injured as a liability.

I'm amazed at what people think we can get for him in a S&T for the max.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WilkesG View Post
    Houston is not going to trade for him, unless they somehow get Howard and want to have another player to add to that. Guys that are overpaid don't have nearly as much value as they used to. Many teams may see a max contract to a guy that is always injured as a liability.

I'm amazed at what people think we can get for him in a S&T for the max.
    Houston would trade for him in a second. No question at all.

And the max is a technical term and doesn't mean nearly what it used to. In actuallity, if there was no maximum, and Gordon was an unrestricted free agent, he would get offerred a bunch more.

People can question his toughness, and it would be completely valid. But at the end of the day, the guy is a great great basketball player. And no one can deny that.

He's a great talent, but not a great player yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I would keep Jack and also take Martin's expiring contract. Jack is on a one year deal. I like starting him and bringing Rivers off the bench. Then we can try to flip Jack and Martin at the deadline for whatever value we can get. Mainly draft picks. Sign Brand to a one year deal.

C - Smith, Ayon, Montejunas
    PF - Davis, Brand, TJones
    SF - Aminu, Henry, Miller
    SG - Martin, Lamb/Rivers
    PG - Jack, Vasquez/Rivers

We can try to flip Brand, Jack, and Martin at the deadline unless we're in the playoff race letting them expire at the end of season which is fine. Also we could trade guys like Henry and Vasquez as well to give Miller and Rivers playing time.
    I could get down with this. Basically, you are taking off White and Jack and adding on Martin. I wouldn't want to trade Henry or Vasquez though - way too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Also, I think Rivers and Lamb could complEment each other well.
    I also agree with this. If we had to trade Gordon, this is the deal I would want. Lamb was a steal at #12.

What about Childress? He was good in Atlanta, with the right amount of PT he could be a steal! Like how the Suns got Beasley!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Houston would trade for him in a second. No question at all.

And the max is a technical term and doesn't mean nearly what it used to. In actuallity, if there was no maximum, and Gordon was an unrestricted free agent, he would get offerred a bunch more.

People can question his toughness, and it would be completely valid. But at the end of the day, the guy is a great great basketball player. And no one can deny that.
    He would get offered "a bunch more" than the max if he was an UFA? That's ridiculous. Houston might pay him the max, but they are not going to give up a ton of assets to take on a max sg with his injury history. They gathered these assets to make a run for Howard, or maybe even to trade up in the draft for Drummond. At this point I think they are more in tank mode after that. Can't see them trading a bunch of assets away for a sg, without a centerpiece or a solid big. They wanted the Gasol/Nene combo. They wanted Howard. They just drafted Lamb who could be just as good in a few years and is much cheaper. Can't see them breaking the bank for a guard right now.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Nope.

And someone said Motiejunas could have gone #2 over all in this draft. I'll find it.
    and someone said he only weighed 215....I would have guessed substantially more...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Your kidding right? Motiejunas (that's how you spell his name) is not going anywhere. We have been waiting for a year for him to come and be the face of our franchise. Think we're trading him for a guy who watches more games in a suit than he plays in? Hell nah!

Lamb was probably the best SG in the draft and we got a HUGE steal with him. We even traded up to get him and he's been compared to Reggie Miller...you honestly think we're gonna let him go soon? That's cute.

We gave up Kyle Lowry who is arguably a top 8 PG in this league to get Toronto's 1st rd pick. No way in hell we give that up for Eric "glass" Gordon.

But I can see White/Jones/Dooling/lottery protected 1st for Gordon....maybe we throw in Morris too but idk if Morey will do that for such an injury prone tweener guard...trust me we've had our share of injuries the past few years no need to add to that

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Your kidding right? Motiejunas (that's how you spell his name) is not going anywhere. We have been waiting for a year for him to come and be the face of our franchise. Think we're trading him for a guy who watches more games in a suit than he plays in? Hell nah!

Lamb was probably the best SG in the draft and we got a HUGE steal with him. We even traded up to get him and he's been compared to Reggie Miller...you honestly think we're gonna let him go soon? That's cute.

We gave up Kyle Lowry who is arguably a top 8 PG in this league to get Toronto's 1st rd pick. No way in hell we give that up for Eric "glass" Gordon.

But I can see White/Jones/Dooling/lottery protected 1st for Gordon....maybe we throw in Morris too but idk if Morey will do that for such an injury prone tweener guard...trust me we've had our share of injuries the past few years no need to add to that
    What's cute is thinking Houston is a small market team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TK8EZBIGEZ View Post
    What about Childress? He was good in Atlanta, with the right amount of PT he could be a steal! Like how the Suns got Beasley!!!
    Thats the worst idea EVER!! I'd take Warrick over him anyday! I want Warrick, S&T Shannon Brown, Lakers 2013 1st, and a Suns 2nd round pick. Thats it. No need for Gortat or Lopez. Morris is trash, as is most of their roster. Warrick will be a hidden Gem. He can help Davis learn the ways of the NBA.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    This sunsfan88 dude on psd is really going to drive me crazy. He's acting like Gordon is already a member of the Suns. Talking about how it's a foregone conclusion that we won't match and there will be a sign and trade.

This is his sig:

Well it does say "sign Gordon", which they technically did. Even though i hate Gordon in a suns jersey, i do have to admit that that is a great quality signature! it looks real professional and high quality. signature it self gets an A in my book. The subject matter gets a F.

Well my cousins a big, BIG suns fan and he said NO WAY IN HELL suns give up warrick so I didn't even think about it. What about that Telfair kid? He was really good in highschool and we need a veteran proven PG like telfair to teach Rivers how to run the point!!

Banned
    You are tolling. Telflair is trash. We have Jack to be that vet for Rivers.

Dude sorry! I just don't watch a lot of suns games.

Why is no one interested in Brown though? He's crazy athletic!

Thread Information