Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread

Hey guys. NC native up in NJ now. I've been hoping for a rebrand for each of our franchises since the Hornets left town. I'd like to give props to bigdub for his jersey mockups. Should you end up rebranding to the Brass, sign me up for at least one home and one away jersey.

I'd also recommending forwarding those mockups to someone in marketing with a resume attached. As a graphic artist, you never know what it can net you.

Hey guys! Congrats on the lease extension. Y'all can finally breathe easy on that front.

Anyway this little nugget has been making the rounds over the last 24 hours amongst B**Cats fans:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards...t-coming-soon/

I know, I know...internet rumors are worth about as much as the pixels they consist of. But this one seems at least a little legit, especially considering the timing of things (y'alls' announcement Friday, this leaking out Monday)...if a new owner is in line on y'alls' end, and he had intentions of rebranding.......I don't know. I do feel a little crackpot-conspiracy-theorist-ish as I try to piece all this jive together, but what the heck; it's fun

So yeah, just wondering if anybody had heard any more Brass/Krewe/etc. stirrings on y'alls' end. Thanks for indulging me, and congrats again!
    We Beelieve: Charlotte...Take Back Your Hornets! links:

Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Bee...2320741?ref=ts

Petition:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/we-b...se-the-hornets

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Morgan View Post
    Hey guys! Congrats on the lease extension. Y'all can finally breathe easy on that front.

Anyway this little nugget has been making the rounds over the last 24 hours amongst B**Cats fans:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards...t-coming-soon/

I know, I know...internet rumors are worth about as much as the pixels they consist of. But this one seems at least a little legit, especially considering the timing of things (y'alls' announcement Friday, this leaking out Monday)...if a new owner is in line on y'alls' end, and he had intentions of rebranding.......I don't know. I do feel a little crackpot-conspiracy-theorist-ish as I try to piece all this jive together, but what the heck; it's fun

So yeah, just wondering if anybody had heard any more Brass/Krewe/etc. stirrings on y'alls' end. Thanks for indulging me, and congrats again!
    Would be very cool and I would be happy for both franchises. But don't get your hopes up, my man.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    The timing couldn't be more perfect for both sides... new draft picks, ownership changing... man I would love for some Brass.
    Wherehappens.

Hey gang! Just wanted to share something we've come up with that I thought some of my fellow graphic design/logo nerds over here might be into.

We've created our own 'We Beelieve' logo. Compositionally, it shares a bit with y'alls' Fluer de Bee design, but I think it stands on it's own pretty well.

Sorry if my occasional posts (and regular lurking ) bugs anybody; y'all just seem like a cool bunch, and I figured some of you might dig it.

Happy Tuesday!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beelogosmall.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	3565  

I read that SI story. I like the idea of a rebranding. They should call the NBA team The Saints. I'm not kidding either. Go with a black and gold color scheme, and if they wanted to they could leave a little bit of that creole blue in there in small doses. What better way to bind that team to the city. The connection would then be instinctive. When I was a kid St. Louis had the baseball Cardinals and the football Cardinals. This would be a very old school thing to do, and a very New Orleans thing to do. The problem is, I'm not sure the league would go with it, not to mention Tom Benson. I really think it would create instant pride in that franchise. They could go with a classic NBA look. Model the uniforms on something simple like the Celtics, but use black and gold and maybe a font similar to the one on the Hornets uniforms now. It would stand out in the NBA. This would be a bold and old school move.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of the Saints as a basketball team idea, but I am a fan of keeping the colors.

In New York, the Giants are blue, the Yankees are blue, the Mets are blue, the Knicks are blue, the Rangers are blue, etc.

I think our basketball team should be black and gold. I think it would be a really slick look and unique to the league. Let's get completely away from the Hornets colors, and the Lakers have already taken that purple and gold LSU style.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The only team that's black as part of their colors are the Spurs who take silver and black.

So we'd be superior cuz gold is always worth more than silver.

Toronto started doing Black road jerseys a few years ago. Still, I think that a black uniform with a lot of gold and just a little of the creole blue for an accent would really be unique in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The only team that's black as part of their colors are the Spurs who take silver and black.

So we'd be superior cuz gold is always worth more than silver.
    Blazers

And the Heat.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I don't really count the Heat. Cuz they have so many alternates. Usually their away jersey is red.

I missed the Blazers though. Probably because it feels like they have 3 colors. Red, white, and black.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Saints as a basketball team idea, but I am a fan of keeping the colors.

In New York, the Giants are blue, the Yankees are blue, the Mets are blue, the Knicks are blue, the Rangers are blue, etc.

I think our basketball team should be black and gold. I think it would be a really slick look and unique to the league. Let's get completely away from the Hornets colors, and the Lakers have already taken that purple and gold LSU style.
    Going along with that, all the Pittsburgh sports teams have similar color schemes as well.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Krewe Dat

Hey NOLA! Wow...that Sports Illustrated story seemed pretty huge, huh? It certainly lit a fire in the bellies of a certain Charlottean fanbase, I can tell you that!

Sorry if my occasional posts are annoying to anyone; just thought some of y'all might be interested in the work we're doing up here to reclaim the Hornets' once (that's right; I'm treating it as a forgone conclusion ) y'all rebrand. By sheer coincidence, we'd planned to "Swarm Time Warner" (Arena) last Friday. We cheered like mad for our B**Cats, all while wearing our teal and purple finest. There was a preparty, a postgame barcrawl, oodles of news coverage (check the facebook page if you're interested!)...and then there was the SI.com article.

Yeah...wow. We're pumped! More than a few people who've seen BigDub's Krewe/Brass mock-ups have told me how much they wished they could buy jerseys NOW! Anyway, yeah. Pretty exciting times if you're into this sort of thing. Thanks a lot for letting me be a part of y'alls' community over here!

(I've included a link of the spontaneous "CHARLOTTE HORNETS" chant that erupted in the lobby after the game. It was a wild, wonderful night. I'm the maniac in the white tux that strolls in around 10 seconds, if anybody cares Happy Monday!!!

Brass, Krewe or Bounce is what I''m gonna go with.

If we can't get the Voodoo name from the arena team, how about Gris-Gris? We'd be the New Orleans Gris Gris. Our mascot would be like Marie Laveau (sp) or something, I guess. Dunno. I like voodoo but Krewe is pretty nice too. Mostly just brainstorming. Maybe the Crescent City Connection if we got some good lob action going. Or even Crescent City Creoles.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Threw this together, just a quick color fill-in on an existing logo. It's cartoony and a quick job but you get the idea...

Banned
    dont knock off the warriors too smiliar

Since we're doing cartoonish logos: Click pic to enlarge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arc angels2large.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	3581

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

The Artist    Contributor   
    Kinda' bumed right now! Was working on a concept for the Arc Angels and the program just shut down on me! My work wasn't saved, but it wasn't nothing but an extreme rough draft that I can do again. I just wanted to post it right quick to gauge some intrest.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    Kinda' bumed right now! Was working on a concept for the Arc Angels and the program just shut down on me! My work wasn't saved, but it wasn't nothing but an extreme rough draft that I can do again. I just wanted to post it right quick to gauge some intrest.
    That's too bad. You can use my cartoon logo LOL! Obviously you know where I stand. I would love to see it. Hopefully others here will agree.

The Artist    Contributor   
    Mind wouldn't rest! Had to do another quick one!

Design elements include:

1) A sword as refrence to Arc Angels being warriors.
    2) The hand guard has a scroll look to mimic that of the iron lace of the FQ
    3) The inner wings for the outside swoops of a FDL as well as at the bottom next to the tip of the sword.
    4) The basketball has a shine coming from the rim/halo that forms into a crescent. Need I say what it is in refrence to?
    5) The rim has a shine to resemble a glowing halo. Inside the halo, sparks fly around the edge as to signify that the basketball was made from behind the arc. Think of it as a nice, clean 3pt shot when the net laps back inside the rim then falls back.

That's about as much as I could fit into the design to convey the 'Arc' and 'Angel' aspect of the idea. I have a nice idea for the uniforms that I should post soon. Let me know what you think.

Whoa, that's epic....

What is an Arc Angel? Just a play on archangel? something I missed in my panic attacks for the Saints?

Thread Information