Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hornets players starting to return to NOLA

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    It was orange.
    The hypothetical carpet I jokingly suggested we should roll out for him was actually orange? Why, thank you ! No wonder we keep you around!

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuture View Post
    The hypothetical carpet I jokingly suggested we should roll out for him was actually orange? Why, thank you ! No wonder we keep you around!
    He probably thought you were reffering to the Joe Gerrity interview where he asked Gordon if "his heart" would be in New Orleans if we rolled out an orange carpet for him and had 100 people cheering for him as he exits the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by geauxbama View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen... Mr. Gil McGregor
    Perfect.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Its ovioius that monty call his guys back to NOLA because he is hosting a pizza party to celebrate his extension
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Its ovioius that monty call his guys back to NOLA because he is hosting a pizza party to celebrate his extension
    How did you get this scoop?
    "Davis is gonna be the best Basketball Player Ever. ......Please quote me." -Silverfoxx

Talked to EJ via DM on Twitter, and he told me the veterans (Gordon, Anderson, Mason, Warrick, Lopez, Smith) will be in New Orleans throughout the week, and are free to leave after this week until they meet up again for training camp, but the young guys (Aminu, Vasquez, Rivers, Davis, Miller, Henry, Roberts) have to stick around until training camp starts.

Yes, I have an open line to talk to Eric Gordon on Twitter :-)

EJ has even agreed to donate a signed item to the Salvation Army that I work at to be auctioned off in September.
    Last edited by EJ10Hornets; 08-20-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Yea Warrick can leave and not even come back when training camp starts.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan1 View Post
    Damn dude.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    He might not cut it or get all that much playing time, but why so harsh already?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    He might not cut it or get all that much playing time, but why so harsh already?
    Yeah, I'd love for Warrick to become effective enough to get a 2nd from a playoff team with a trade exception at the deadline.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Yeah, I'd love for Warrick to become effective enough to get a 2nd from a playoff team with a trade exception at the deadline.
    **** yeah. I have no problem with that. He isn't a part of this team's future and he knows it too.

Haha just kidding everyone! Ill let him catch a few lobs....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Most of the players are new, so I guest they want to get to know each other.

They should have team bonding time and rent out the Natchez haha.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    They should have team bonding time and rent out the Natchez haha.
    Uhhhh remember what happened to the Vikings players on the yacht? I don't know about that one bro!

Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Lopez on coming to NOLA: "I'm excited to be here. We've got a young, energetic group... Hopefully we can parlay that into something special"

Lopez on Anthony Davis' defense: "From what I've seen, he's got great timing, is long and athletic. Hopefully we can close down some lanes"

Lopez said former high school teammate Quincy Pondexter "had nothing but fantastic things to say about Monty and how he develops players."

Lopez joked to a TV guy getting a bit close while clipping on a mike:"Usually you have to take me to dinner a couple times first to do that"

There are 11 Hornets players working out in the Alario Center today. Robin Lopez: "I love it. We're all hungry to get better."

Davis and Rivers at NBA Rookie Transition program this week. Mason's wife is expecting baby. Other 11 Hornets are all here at Alario Center

Looks like another minicamp coming up soon? Have never been more excited for a season to start

Anthony Davis ‏@AntDavis23

Just landed in N.O. #HornetNation
    Roger Mason Jr ‏@MoneyMase

Wheels down in NO...work tomorrow! #GRINDMODE #hornets

Things came to a standstill last week for obvious reasons, but Hornets players are heading in to town. A few were going to come last week

At one point prior to Isaac's approach it appeared to be possible that all or close to all 14 guys would be here at once, but got scrapped

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Damn you, Issac!

Some of you don't seem to like Warrick, but he was walking around the Warehouse District (saw him on Tchoup by Tommy's) with a real estate agent. Overheard their convo while I was at a red light. She was telling him about the neighborhood. Not sure if he was looking to buy or rent!

We dislike Warrick the player, not the person.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    We dislike Warrick the player, not the person.
    I don't dislike him for the sole reason that players can dramatically change under Monty so he gets a clean slate for me this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I think younger players can dramatically change. But Warrick is pretty set in his ways. He'll give us some athleticism. Hit some midrange shots, make some big get 'em hype plays. But anything more is lagniappe, anything less and he'll be on the pine while Jason Smith comes in to do his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I think younger players can dramatically change. But Warrick is pretty set in his ways. He'll give us some athleticism. Hit some midrange shots, make some big get 'em hype plays. But anything more is lagniappe, anything less and he'll be on the pine while Jason Smith comes in to do his thing.
    Yea I agree with that but I think Monty might be able to amp warrick up a little bit. Better defense if anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information