Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Gordon is OUT indefinitely

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Back pats might stop when people are ridiculed for having a dissenting opinion or missing on things 20% of the time.

People are hilarious... they want to grouse when people say something might happen that doesn't, and the same when it does.

Can't win when you deal with crowds. All the individuals are wonderful. The group is always worse.
    Back pats still aren't needed. If you know you can't win when dealing with crowds then stop trying to win with them. If you were right about something I'm pretty sure the people you told it to already has it in the back of their heads saying "damn, he was right". No real need for the "oh we know people and we told you so's".

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    i feel like throwing things.

That Houston deal sure looks better now. Too bad, as Ryan pointed out, we no longer have a guaranteed stocked trading partner in Houston anymore when you take into consideration the Harden trade.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Dude is a got damn leaking *****.

Excuse my French

After reading the article on NOLA.com, Monty sounds pissed!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Back pats might stop when people are ridiculed for having a dissenting opinion or missing on things 20% of the time.

People are hilarious... they want to grouse when people say something might happen that doesn't, and the same when it does.

Can't win when you deal with crowds. All the individuals are wonderful. The group is always worse.

No one is going to touch this guy in a trade unless we get utterly hosed. I thought we were done dumping bad contracts, but maybe not. Tissue paper is right. Sheesh.

I hope Dell doesn't end up being the fall guy for matching EG but we all knew this was a possibility....I honestly hope we can at least prop him up on the court till the deadline arrives and someone desperate enough takes a chance..

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    After reading the article on NOLA.com, Monty sounds pissed!
    I thought the same thing. He sounds done with Gordon and his nonsense.
    the Legend has spoken!

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    That Houston deal sure looks better now. Too bad, as Ryan pointed out, we no longer have a guaranteed stocked trading partner in Houston anymore when you take into consideration the Harden trade.
    I agree- Ryan was right on that one for sure. I still think Indy is an option. Hometown boy, George is better at the 3 anyway. Gordon for Granger straight up. If they hit on their risk, they have a legit shot at the Heat. For us, we get a guy on a shorter contract and a hometown guy who will appreciate being here.

I would explore it at least and move forward with a Davis, River, Anderson, 2013 draft pick core
    @mcnamara247

I still might buy his jersey but replace the name Gordon with ***** (a couple 5 letter words that describe him... Be creative!)

The Franchise
    This is not a good way to start off with new ownership if you're Williams and Demp. The warning signs have been there all along and they chose to ignore them. Benson is probably not happy.

And the slaps aren't needed.

Can't speak for Mike, but I don't try to win with crowds. Never have. Never will.

I do my service.

I also point out hypocrisy.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Who is gonna take on a max contract for a player that sits for 2 months because of a runny nose?
    *sheepishly raising a Hornets wing*
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I agree- Ryan was right on that one for sure. I still think Indy is an option. Hometown boy, George is better at the 3 anyway. Gordon for Granger straight up. If they hit on their risk, they have a legit shot at the Heat. For us, we get a guy on a shorter contract and a hometown guy who will appreciate being here.

I would explore it at least and move forward with a Davis, River, Anderson, 2013 draft pick core
    Isnt Granger out indefinately with a knee as well? I think for Indiana it'd be George or no one. Plus George adds Length and the ability to play the 3 if needed which gives us more flexability in the draft/ FA.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

So many words, so little I can voice without warranting a ban.
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

That would be good, except Granger is out indefinitely too.

Damn, balls beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigeauz View Post
    No one is going to touch this guy in a trade unless we get utterly hosed. I thought we were done dumping bad contracts, but maybe not. Tissue paper is right. Sheesh.
    Well, if he's not playing because he really doesn't want to be here, perhaps that word will get to other GM's and they'll want him.

In the offseason I became a bit apathetic to Gordon when he began all the "my heart is in Phoenix" stuff but since they re-signed him, I was just going to hope for the best for him and our team. They'll figure something out when it needs to be figured out. At this point, I'm just ready to watch my rookies grow and watch the players we put on the court play hard.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I have been one of his biggest supporters. And I'm officially off the Gordon wagon.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 10-31-2012 at 11:11 AM.

we can't even trade him until December 15th

Originally Posted by NOH2313

What was the Houston trade again? is it still possible to get rid of him? or is he basically just dead weight on the roster now?

I'm curious to see if all the Gordon defenders will keep their heads in the sand.

"C'mon guys, Kobe didn't play for the Lakers last night. It happens. Just let his knee heal"

+1

Quote Originally Posted by cjjr72984 View Post
    I'm curious to see if all the Gordon defenders will keep their heads in the sand.

"C'mon guys, Kobe didn't play for the Lakers last night. It happens. Just let his knee heal"
    Except he did play for the Lakers last night.

Quote Originally Posted by cjjr72984 View Post

Kobe did play last night..

Thread Information