Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Hornets Agree to Terms with Roger Mason

A solid back up off the bench, I like it
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    salary info from h247.com:

Thus, Mason will count $854,389 in our salary figure. This was the same amount he would have counted last year, but the scale has not changed for minimum players like it did for maximum players (hmmmm). So, he will be paid $1,229,255 with $854,389 coming from the Hornets and counting in their salary figure with the reamining $374,866 paid for by the NBA.

This fits in the team’s Minimum Player Salary exception, which can still be used. The Room exception worth $2,575,000, which can be split among multiple players. This exception is exhaustable.

Nice backup shooting guard that played alot of the point early in his career. So that's a bonus that he can run the offense in a pinch as well. If I remember correctly he led the league in 3 point % his best year with the Spurs. I like it, especially being a one year vet min deal!

i read that on the morning news on our (germany) biggest online news page sport 1,

Brian Roberts leaves Brose Baskets Bamberg, the guard goes to New Orleans in the NBA and face his former teammade P.J. Tucker whos sign in phoenix.

guess its fix !

so i can not say anything over him, because i dont follow the german BBL, i grow up with nba basketball and if thats your history you cant join a league like ours here in germany. thats my opinion, sry for all the german fans.

the writer of the news wrote that he is a good shooter, the coach over him: in the last three years here , he learn´t how to deffense, he makes good decision on the court.

Brose Baskets Bamber is the best BBL Team in Germany. With him, the Team won 3 times in a row, National Championships and the National Cup.

Hopefully his a "summer league stud"

Roger Mason Jr ‏@MoneyMase
    Its official, I'm a Hornet! Super excited to be a part of the NOLA community! Letsgo!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Bad start to his time here. Supposed to hashtag #NOLA and #Letsgo, mayne!

His heart is clearly somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanHornet42 View Post
    i read that on the morning news on our (germany) biggest online news page sport 1,

Brian Roberts leaves Brose Baskets Bamberg, the guard goes to New Orleans in the NBA and face his former teammade P.J. Tucker whos sign in phoenix.

guess its fix !

so i can not say anything over him, because i dont follow the german BBL, i grow up with nba basketball and if thats your history you cant join a league like ours here in germany. thats my opinion, sry for all the german fans.

the writer of the news wrote that he is a good shooter, the coach over him: in the last three years here , he learn´t how to deffense, he makes good decision on the court.

Brose Baskets Bamber is the best BBL Team in Germany. With him, the Team won 3 times in a row, National Championships and the National Cup.
    Sounds like Roberts is getting a training camp invite.

According to Radio Bamberg, Brian Roberts has used his NBA Opt-out and will join the New Orleans Hornets Training camp.
    https://twitter.com/ChristopheEPcom/...48142167322625

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Bad start to his time here. Supposed to hashtag #NOLA and #Letsgo, mayne!

His heart is clearly somewhere else.
    He left it in Phoenix. Or Washington. Or San Antonio. Maybe New York. Perhaps Chicago. Possibly Toronto. Or even Sioux Falls.

Don't get me started on Europe.

Point is he's doesn't want to be here. This is "bad" news.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

It's exciting that players WANT to play here for a change. Good times are coming!

Guard Roger Mason says New Orleans Hornets' ownership stability was a big factor in decision to sign with team

Veteran shooting guard Roger Mason said the New Orleans Hornets’ ownership stability was one of the factors he considered before signing a one-year deal with the franchise last week as a free agent.

Power forward Ryan Anderson also said it was a factor that helped him decide to agree to the Hornets’ initial four-year, $36 million offer sheet before the Orlando Magic stepped in to do a sign-and-trade deal with New Orleans in exchange for forward Gustavo Ayon last month.

In June, the NBA’s Board of Governors approved the Hornets’ sale to Saints owner Tom Benson, who purchased the franchise from the NBA in April for $338 million. The NBA purchased the Hornets from founding owner George Shinn in December 2010.

``Stability from the top trickles down to the bottom,’’ Mason said by telephone Wednesday. ``It’s very difficult when ownership is not in place with a franchise.That was huge. Now the franchise can really turn the corner in moving forward with this group.
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...s_new_orl.html

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    That and the fact they offered him a contract are what I'm sure he found appealing. Were other teams beating this guy's door down (aside the three mentioned in the article herp derp?
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Roger Mason sees role as a veteran leader for New Orleans Hornets

As an unrestricted free agent this summer, veteran shooting guard Roger Mason attracted attention from the Lakers, Oklahoma City Thunder and the Chicago Bulls. But Mason said none of those teams offered him a bigger role coming off the bench than what he expects to play for the Hornets this season. Seeking a team where he could blossom as a veteran leader, Mason signed a one-year contract with New Orleans last week.

“Obviously, I felt like this presented the best opportunity for me on the court,” said Mason, an eight-year veteran who has played for the Bulls, Spurs, Raptors, Knicks and Wizards since coming out of Virginia in 2002.

“Ultimately I have a level of excitement to come down with these young guys to play for Coach Monty Williams and to be with this organization.”

Mason, 31, averaged 5.5 points and 1.3 rebounds last season for the Wizards, and for the first time in six seasons he missed participating in the playoffs. He made his biggest impact playing for the San Antonio Spurs from 2008 to 2010, as current Hornets General Manager Dell Demps served as the Spurs’ director of pro player personnel. Mason helped the Spurs win a Southwest Division title in 2009 before they lost to the Phoenix Suns in the Western Conference semifinals.

Mason has averaged 7.2 points per game for his career and has a .381 shooting percentage from 3-point range.

“I played for some great coaches, but there is no denying that Coach Gregg Popovich has had a lasting impact on my career,” Mason said. “Dell studied from the best, and I was fortunate enough to be there for a few years myself and I tried to take what I learned from there and also the other places where I’ve had success.”

The Hornets are rebuilding around shooting guard Eric Gordon and first-round draft picks Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers, but Williams said they need veterans with leadership abilities like Mason.

“Looking at the roster and starting with Eric, he’s an All Star-type shooting guard, and I feel like I can help him,” said Mason, a Washington, D.C., native. “I can push him every day in practice and also with his approach and mentality.”
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    That and the fact they offered him a contract are what I'm sure he found appealing. Were other teams beating this guy's door down (aside the three mentioned in the article herp derp?
    How do you know? And LOL "HERP DERP" THAT'S SO NEW AND GOOD

Thread Information