Pelicans Report

Thread: NEW YORK GIANTS!

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

NFL NEW YORK GIANTS!

As my Dad used to say " for cryin out loud did you see that play?" " My God wasn't that something else!"

NEW YORK GIANTS!
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

There were some good plays in the game, and at least one classic one.

There were too many bad plays, dropped balls, boneheaded safety. I like my Super Bowls to be among the most well-played.

I look to Saints-Colts, Steelers-Cardinals for examples of such games. I'll refer to the latter so as not to get too wrapped up in the black and gold (as compared to back and yellow): The Fitzgerald catch and run with the corners trying to close . . . visually beautiful, fantastic talent, magnitude, effort from all parties. Pure greatness.

The Steelers catch in the endzone that words don't do just justice too.

The heavy running the pick back (and a good pick that was) at the end of the half (difference maker).

This Super Bowl just doesn't have the greatness v. greatness feel that the best of them do.

Enjoyed the game and will miss football.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Saints would have beaten the Giants in the Dome. That said, I think the Saints would have matched up worse against the Patriots. Credit to Tom Coughlin, half of New York wanted him fired before the end of the season and now he has another title under his belt. Doesn't matter what your regular season record is, this game is about the playoffs and championships. As for the game itself I only half watched so I could have missed a few exciting plays. Overall it just seemed to be a bit discipline and the Giants playing a full sixty minutes. Nice to see a defense hold a lead with under a minute to go. Nothing flashy but when you walk away with the Lombardi trophy then flash doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Saints would have beaten the Giants in the Dome. That said, I think the Saints would have matched up worse against the Patriots. Credit to Tom Coughlin, half of New York wanted him fired before the end of the season and now he has another title under his belt. Doesn't matter what your regular season record is, this game is about the playoffs and championships. As for the game itself I only half watched so I could have missed a few exciting plays. Overall it just seemed to be a bit discipline and the Giants playing a full sixty minutes. Nice to see a defense hold a lead with under a minute to go. Nothing flashy but when you walk away with the Lombardi trophy then flash doesn't matter.
    Saints would have matched up worse? Really? I was hoping for a Saints - Patriots Super Bowl as that Patriots defense would not have stopped the Saints. They may have scored a few more on the Saints, but I do not think the Saints would have had much difficulty with them. As far as the defense holding them with less than a minute to go, I would not give a ton of credit to the Giants as the Patriots seemed to choke a bit. It was an absolute terrible coaching move by Coughlin to allow Brady 0:57 and a timeout to try and win the game. Any coach would have kneeled and run the clock to win with a FG. He was lucky that it did not turn out differently as the Giants deserved to win the game.

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

NFL Game had drama!

Are you kidding? The game had drama and big play moments.Logan Mankins NE guard getting beat which resulted in the safety..he also got beat for a sack and on the INT..he may never sleep again...Mario Manninghams catch....Pats 12 men on the field when it was NY 3rd and 3 and allowed the Giants to continue...Giants def front Pieere -Paul and Justin Tuck.....Cruz double teamed and this allowed Nicks to have have 10 catches.....We saw how Brady can't scramble like Alex Smith and Aaron Rogers....Manning was terrific.......bad throw to Welker...

The game showed us what football is all about...its not a qrt to qrt game ..ITS ABOUT A SERIES OF PLAYS
    Tension filled game with two teams knocking the hell out of each other...

You never know if the Saints would have beaten any of these teams as many thought the Saints would beat San Fran...in games like this we never know.

Great game...Football can't always be like a Madden Game.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Saints would have matched up worse? Really? I was hoping for a Saints - Patriots Super Bowl as that Patriots defense would not have stopped the Saints. They may have scored a few more on the Saints, but I do not think the Saints would have had much difficulty with them. As far as the defense holding them with less than a minute to go, I would not give a ton of credit to the Giants as the Patriots seemed to choke a bit. It was an absolute terrible coaching move by Coughlin to allow Brady 0:57 and a timeout to try and win the game. Any coach would have kneeled and run the clock to win with a FG. He was lucky that it did not turn out differently as the Giants deserved to win the game.
    The Saints defense is just that bad. It's a total non-factor. They might as well not even take the field. It would have come down to which offense beat themselves. I'm not saying the Giants have a high octane offense but Eli is no slouch and Bradshaw is a workhorse. The Giants ability to create pressure with their D-line made all the difference in their playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by gerryv View Post
    Are you kidding? The game had drama and big play moments.Logan Mankins NE guard getting beat which resulted in the safety..he also got beat for a sack and on the INT..he may never sleep again...Mario Manninghams catch....Pats 12 men on the field when it was NY 3rd and 3 and allowed the Giants to continue...Giants def front Pieere -Paul and Justin Tuck.....Cruz double teamed and this allowed Nicks to have have 10 catches.....We saw how Brady can't scramble like Alex Smith and Aaron Rogers....Manning was terrific.......bad throw to Welker...

The game showed us what football is all about...its not a qrt to qrt game ..ITS ABOUT A SERIES OF PLAYS

You never know if the Saints would have beaten any of these teams as many thought the Saints would beat San Fran...in games like this we never know.

I just want that series of plays in the Super Bowl to not be mistake filled. I want a team to out-great the other. Pats lost that in the first game, the first quarter, the last drive, all over the place. Pats had it in them to win, maybe even 6 of 10 games, but they blew their chances in a perpetual and uncharacteristic fashion.

Credit to the Giants and Eli for staying true and not making such errors, but I'm talking about my enjoyment of a game where I could not possibly care less who wins or loses. Archie's boy brand of civic pride balanced out perfectly by football righteousness in just believing the Patriots were the better team.

Quote Originally Posted by gerryv View Post

Maybe because I did not have an emotional connection to either team, I did not find the game that exciting. The safety was not really as much a result of a great pass rush as it was a brain fart by Brady. He has all the time in the world and did not think to get outside the pocket or throw out of bounds over a receiver. To me, it was a game between two good, but not great, teams.

I'll give the Giants credit for toughness, but the Super Bowl was a stinker. The Pats were dropping passes left and right. The Giants had two fumbles that luckily bounced right to their own players. An artistic masterpiece this game was not.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Thread Information