Twitter:SdotPaul504
    XboxLive:HHUxPresident
    Teams:New Orleans Hornets(Pelicans) & Houston Texans

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    He will .. if he plays
    He will.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Im actually surprised that hornets didnt try trade Gordon for Harden..
    That makes no sense. They traded Harden because they couldn't afford him. Why would they want Gordon and his contract?

Im actually surprised that hornets didnt try trade Gordon for Harden..
    They would have been placed in the same exact predicament they just faced with Harden's contract. Makes no sense.....
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-28-2012 at 12:04 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    I think people have some unreasonable expectations on what you can get for even the best of players these days. OKC made a good deal.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Gordon hasn't proven he's carried the load in a meaningful way. He put up big numbers on a bad team and last season played in only 9 games.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Gordon hasn't proven he's carried the load in a meaningful way. He put up big numbers on a bad team and last season played in only 9 games.
    Neither has Harden for that matter, and he's played in more games.

OKC won this deal hands down. Look at what they gained and then look at the cap room they get next year when they trade Martin, and they can still flip Martin at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    You can't measure "carrying the load" quantitatively. Gordon has the mentality that he can put the team on his back and win the game. He takes the shot at the end of the game, and he did a great job of that last year - even though he only had a handful of opportunities. He did it every time though - immediately coming to mind is the Utah game, the Houston game, and the Phoenix game.

Thunder won this trade imo. Nice move for them.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I agree that Harden is the better player, but they need balance. They would absolutely suck defensively in the post with out Ibaka. I feel like their hands were tied.
    Yeah they do, but I just feel like talent > need. Ibaka is a great shotblocker but is not great in the post. He has a lot of value in this league because of his shotblocking and athleticism, but I feel that his true defensive impact could've been a lot more easily replaced than Harden's offensive production.

OKC was just average on defense last year, while they were ELITE offensively. I think they get worse offensively and Kevin Martin makes them worse defensively too. I don't know, I just really like Harden's game and how efficient he is and I think he's a lot more irreplaceable than Ibaka.

btw. Ryan Anderson is now the official front-runner for 6th man of the year!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Ouch... The Toronto pick is protected! Didn't even think about that. This changes things a bit... Probably lottery protected, which means they won't even get the pick until a few years from now.
    Nope, only top 3 this year, top 2 next year, and then top 1 protected until 2018. I'm sure OKC will get that pick this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Nope, only top 3 this year, top 2 next year, and then top 1 protected until 2018. I'm sure OKC will get that pick this year.
    Yeah, you caught me before I deleted it. Too fast!

You can't measure "carrying the load" quantitatively. Gordon has the mentality that he can put the team on his back and win the game. He takes the shot at the end of the game, and he did a great job of that last year - even though he only had a handful of opportunities. He did it every time though - immediately coming to mind is the Utah game, the Houston game, and the Phoenix game.
    Exactly.

Gordon has the lead-dog mentality and he's shown the ability to come through at the end of games. Harden hasn't...he comes after Durant AND Westbrook.

No one has any idea how he'll perform when the defense is zoned in on him only.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    Exactly.

Gordon has the lead-dog mentality and he's shown the ability to come through at the end of games. Harden hasn't...he comes after Durant AND Westbrook.

No one has any idea how he'll perform when the defense is zoned in on him only.
    Not to mention that Gordon is the far superior defender.

Not to mention that Gordon is the far superior defender.
    True. If Gordon didn't have the health concerns, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Here's to EJ bucking that trend this year.

All-Star
    I knew this would happen. Didn't realize okc can be this cold. Harden is a fine ball player but not as good as he honks or some Stans think he is. He and EJ are now in similar situations, it would be great to follow how they progress the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by crenshaw View Post
    I knew this would happen. Didn't realize okc can be this cold. Harden is a fine ball player but not as good as he honks or some Stans think he is. He and EJ are now in similar situations, it would be great to follow how they progress the rest of the year.
    But EJ gets to play with AD...Harden gets Lin. lol.

Those two games alone showed he can be very CP3-esque in carrying a team.

Terrible trade for Houston IMO
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    But EJ gets to play with AD...Harden gets Lin. lol.
    LOL! I realized harden and EJ will be compared for years to come and contend for the best 2 guard in the game soon. This year will be a great indication how the better player will separate himself.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I really don't think Martin is gonna like it in OKC. Playing with Durant and Westbrook? He won't enjoy that.

I think Houston won that.

I'm just glad we didn't have to pay Gordon 5year/80 mil. It looks like Houston is going to max Harden.

For those of you saying OKC will lose defense by playing Martin instead of Harden: they are equally bad defenders. Lamb is probably a better defender than either and Martin has more length to at least bother jump shots.

All three are still bad perimeter defenders.

They aren't equally bad defenders. Believe it or not, Martin is actually worst. Neither Lamb nor Martin can create or handle the ball the way Harden could. Neither can get to the line as well as Harden can especially now that the league is enforcing the Kevin Martin Rule. And most of all, Harden has the rare ability to control the tempo/pace while handling the rock. Something that a lot of people overlook when comparing the trades.

I have no doubt that Martin will benefit from the trade and prove to be useful to the Thunders. But I do not believe in no way, shape, or form that Martin will have anywhere near the effect that Harden has on the Thunders. As for Lamb, The kid is unproven and will not be much of a factor this season as long as Martin, Thabo, and Cook are fighting for minutes.

Thread Information