Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: James Harden traded to Houston, per Woj

James Harden traded to Houston, per Woj

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I think Martin is the better player than Harden when he's not injured. He's certain;y going to mean more to OKC than just an expiring this year.
    Idk about that. How does Martin fit in with their gameplan though. I feel like lamb will take hardens role on the bench. Does Martin become a starter or a backup to the sg/sf position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody notice the trade pieces Houston sent out for HARDEN compared to what Orlando sent out for HOWARD??? . Presti showed Orlando how the fu** it's done
    Ballin

Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    Anybody notice the trade pieces Houston sent out for HARDEN compared to what Orlando sent out for HOWARD??? . Presti showed Orlando how the fu** it's done
    They traded him when they still had leverage.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

This is a great trade for OKC... Makes me scared for how good they can be. Lamb is a complimentary player like Harden, and KMart will start at SG, and he can play SF too. Their small-ball lineup would be Westbrook, Lamb, KMart, Durant, and Ibaka. That's scary...

Toss in Toronto's 1st round pick too. Man... Great trade. We better pray that Toronto is a late lottery pick.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Our division is stock full of PF's and SG's. Manu, Gordon, Harden and Duncan, Davis, Randolph, Dirk. Stupid division.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    Rockets' GM is a moron. I love me some James Harden, but he can't carry a team. That was a dumb trade IMO.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Harden still needs a contract though right? He could end up screwing the Rockets if he decides to leave after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Idk about that. How does Martin fit in with their gameplan though. I feel like lamb will take hardens role on the bench. Does Martin become a starter or a backup to the sg/sf position?

I think theyve been lookin for a starter at SG to take pressure off Durant and rely less on the inconsistent volume man at the point. Martin's scoring makes up for any defensive drop off from Sefolosha and Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Our division is stock full of PF's and SG's. Manu, Gordon, Harden and Duncan, Davis, Randolph, Dirk. Stupid division.
    That's actually good for us. Gordon can lock down the SGs, and Davis can lock down the PFs.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Harden still needs a contract though right? He could end up screwing the Rockets if he decides to leave after this year.
    We should return the favor for them trying to steal Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    This is a great trade for OKC... Makes me scared for how good they can be. Lamb is a complimentary player like Harden, and KMart will start at SG, and he can play SF too. Their small-ball lineup would be Westbrook, Lamb, KMart, Durant, and Ibaka. That's scary...

Toss in Toronto's 1st round pick too. Man... Great trade. We better pray that Toronto is a late lottery pick.
    This makes me mad. How that keep piling on young great talent so easily.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    We should return the favor for them trying to steal Gordon
    LOL we will have the $$$$$ next year!!!

James Harden traded to Houston, per Woj

In other news, fake beard sales are drastically down in okc

Now lets trade Gordon for Harden and call it a day!!

*Ducks for cover *

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Now lets trade Gordon for Harden and call it a day!!

*Ducks for cover *
    Again, Harden is probably the best role player in the league, but he can't lead a team. He wouldn't have anywhere near the numbers he has if he wasn't playing next to Durant and Westbrook. Gordon has proven that he can carry the load, and IMO, he is a MUCH better player than Harden. Still, I love the idea of Harden and Gordon together... sad that it won't happen now.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    means OKC isn't as much of a title threat this year... but man are they set up to be really good for the long-term. easy trade for the owners, IMO.

Good value for OKC, but I dont think Martins a good fit in that lineup, another chucker who cant do anything but score..But Lamb could be the next James Harden

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Kevin Martin is nearly 30 and is going on the decline. By the time we'll be ready to contend he'll be gone most likely or useless.

Jeremy Lamb will probably be good but he'll never be as good as Harden.. and I doubt any of those 2 picks are going to make up for it.

I thought maybe they'd be able to keep Harden, but I'm so glad they weren't able to. It makes me feel a lot better for our future as contenders. I have more faith that we could make a Finals appearance now that Ibaka is their 3rd best player and not someone like Harden, who is by far the better player.

I think OKC is going to end up really regretting picking Ibaka over Harden.

Here is the reason why they traded him:

With a Wednesday deadline looming for a contract extension for James Harden, general manager Sam Presti and agent Rob Pelinka have been meeting for the past two days in Oklahoma City trying to work out a deal, sources told Yahoo Sports. Harden, 23, recently turned down a four-year offer worth about $52 million, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Harden, last season's Sixth Man of the Year, has been pushing for a maximum contract extension of four years, $60 million.
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Kevin Martin is nearly 30 and is going on the decline. By the time we'll be ready to contend he'll be gone most likely or useless.

Jeremy Lamb will probably be good but he'll never be as good as Harden.. and I doubt any of those 2 picks are going to make up for it.

I thought maybe they'd be able to keep Harden, but I'm so glad they weren't able to. It makes me feel a lot better for our future as contenders. I have more faith that we could make a Finals appearance now that Ibaka is their 3rd best player and not someone like Harden, who is by far the better player.

I think OKC is going to end up really regretting picking Ibaka over Harden.
    I agree that Harden is the better player, but they need balance. They would absolutely suck defensively in the post with out Ibaka. I feel like their hands were tied.

Again, Harden is probably the best role player in the league, but he can't lead a team. He wouldn't have anywhere near the numbers he has if he wasn't playing next to Durant and Westbrook. Gordon has proven that he can carry the load, and IMO, he is a MUCH better player than Harden. Still, I love the idea of Harden and Gordon together... sad that it won't happen now.
    Yeah, but Harden has more value to our team short-term and long-term simply because he is a much, much, much more durable player than EJ. But, I get what you're saying. The only thing I could counter that with is from a long-term perspective, he wouldn't have that much pressure placed on him offensively with Anderson, Davis, Rivers, next year's draft pick, and FA piece (next summer's get) in our rotation.

Chances are, however, that if we were to get Harden, we'd have to give up EJ plus one of those weapons I just referred to.

It was more of a joke, anyways. At least for now. This season will, for many, put to rest whether EJ is truly injury-prone or not.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-27-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Im actually surprised that hornets didnt try trade Gordon for Harden..

In all fairness, I'd imagine they'd still start Thabo over Martin like they did last year with Harden
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Gordon will expose Harden when they play this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    Gordon will expose Harden when they play this year.
    He will .. if he plays

Thread Information