Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Move One, Sign Shaun Livingston Who Makes Brian Roberts Expendable. Move Two, Trade..

Move One, Sign Shaun Livingston Who Makes Brian Roberts Expendable. Move Two, Trade..

For Brandon Jennings. I don't care how our chess pieces move to make it happen, just "Make It Happen" Demps.

That's all.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'm not on board with the Livingston love. What am I missing?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Has to be better than Roberts.

That's not saying much at all though.

I'd rather just be patient and find one via trade.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's a bit nepotistic. Livingston had a strong preseason game vs us, so he sticks out. Plus he's available. We'll get it all sorted out. I sense a move on the horizon.

Based on nothing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I think Livingston would be a massive upgrade over Roberts. That's the only reason I would love to see a move. At the end of the day, I think Vasquez and Rivers are going to play the point, and I don't think there will be a lot of minutes available.

But Livingston is only 3 months older than Roberts, yet has played in the NBA for 7 seasons. He's averaged over a 2 to 1 assist to turnover. At 6'7, we won't have to watch him get backed down like Holliday did to Roberts last night. He is going to give us more defense and rebounding. And he fits well next to a shorter off guard ala Gordon, Rivers or Mason. Livingston has impressed me everywhere he has been. I'm honestly not sure why he hasn't been picked up yet, but someone will pick him up shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    That's not saying much at all though.

I'd rather just be patient and find one via trade.
    Why not go with Livingston now, a clear upgrade, and find one via trade later?

Well lets start with the obvious, Livingston may be better but he isn't a good player either. He won't help us.

And secondly, Roberts knows the system, Livingston does not, so why even invest in Livingston when we could very well have a vet backing up (or even starting over) Greivis by the time he finally learns a complicated system?

roberts knows the system? you being serious? is that why he cant run the offense and is always lost on defense? was it not clear last night that as soon as he came in the game the team looked like garbage and could never get into any set or flow? He might "know" the system, but he has definitely not learned it. its early in the season, any other guard can come in to learn the system. roberts must go.

Quote Originally Posted by diablo1356 View Post
    roberts knows the system? you being serious? is that why he cant run the offense and is always lost on defense? was it not clear last night that as soon as he came in the game the team looked like garbage and could never get into any set or flow? He might "know" the system, but he has definitely not learned it. its early in the season, any other guard can come in to learn the system. roberts must go.
    I agree with this, was very disappointed at how our offense just seemed to completely stop rolling as soon as he came in. Liked him in preseason and didnt see a problem then. Don't know what has happened since.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Well lets start with the obvious, Livingston may be better but he isn't a good player either. He won't help us.

And secondly, Roberts knows the system, Livingston does not, so why even invest in Livingston when we could very well have a vet backing up (or even starting over) Greivis by the time he finally learns a complicated system?
    I'm just not totally sure what you see the down side is. You admit that he is better, yet are fighting against it. It won't hurt anything. We're not talking about a multi year deal here, or anything more than the minimum. You should always look to improve the roster, even if it's your 15th player(of which the Hornets don't have).

Again, Livingston is a 7 year vet that has played in numerous systems. I don't think it would take long to get acclimated. In fact, I think it will take much longer for Roberts to get acclimated to the NBA in general(which I don't think will ever happen honestly).

The long and short of it is, when Roberts is in the game, the entire team comes to a screaching hault. Everyone here sees it. He can't beat his guy off the dribble, half the time he isn't moving anyway, and even when he does, he is rarely looking for his teammates. It would be hard to argue that Livingston wouldn't help us, unless you mean because Rivers will be the backup point anyway.

And if you're counting for a big trade for a starting PG, I think you will be waiting for a long time. No team will be even discussing trades until we get closer to the trade deadline, still months away. And we don't exactly have a ton to offer outside of expirings(though I put nothing past Demps).

Livingston is a win/win. If he is better than Roberts, it makes no sense not to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by diablo1356 View Post
    There's a big difference between not knowing or learning the system and not being able to get your team into the offense.

If Roberts didn't know the system, he'd be the Hakim Warrick of the guards.

And I agree Roberts needs to go, I was one of the few who just watched and shook their heads as people proclaimed he needed to be the teams starting PG. The guy is garbage, and what I'm saying is, Livingston is garbage as well. We'd be throwing away garbage just to gain more garbage. Livingston may be better, but it's not a big enough difference to make the move. You wouldn't even notice it on the court, team sucks with Roberts and would suck with Livingston.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Why's everyone think that we can get Jennings? I'd love it, but kinda a random guy for the whole site to have a hive mind about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Why's everyone think that we can get Jennings? I'd love it, but kinda a random guy for the whole site to have a hive mind about.
    It basically started with Michael. He said that he heard from some reliable sources that the Bucks turned down a modest contract proposal by Jennings somewhere around the ballpark of 10M/yr. Based off that, the general mindset is that Milwaukee sees Jennings as an expendable commodity and will therefore attempt to make some sort of move with him involved before the trade deadline (given the fact he'd be a FA at the end of the season). Given our current need of a playmaking 1, Hornets fans, including myself, have begun to revel at the prospect of adding him to our team.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 11-08-2012 at 02:53 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Also because Curry and Lawson have both been taken off the table with their extensions.

Heard someone suggest Tyreke Evans. Given that no team is going to let a player that's playing extremely well at the position go, he's as good a suggest as Jennings.

Also heard Devin Harris and Jose Calderon's names get dropped before.

I'd love Jennings here, dude is a baller who get better every year. Under Monty he could be become an All-Star.

That being said, what do we have that the Bucks want? I can't see them trading him to us for so little.

Quote Originally Posted by KikkomanSauce View Post
    I'd love Jennings here, dude is a baller who get better every year. Under Monty he could be become an All-Star.

That being said, what do we have that the Bucks want? I can't see them trading him to us for so little.
    Demps got the Wizards to take Okafor and Ariza off our hands. And traded Julian Wright for Marco Belinelli. Who knows what next heist the Supervillain has cooked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Demps got the Wizards to take Okafor and Ariza off our hands. And traded Julian Wright for Marco Belinelli. Who knows what next heist the Supervillain has cooked up.
    Brakins and Songila for JSmith AND Green, I mean WOW. We could do this all day. If there is someone Demps wants, he can get it done.

I love Demps but i don't see Jennings happening. I'll eat some crow if it does (its delicious). Personally i think Jennings wants to go to a large market team (doesn't everyone...). Maybe NY?

Our 2013 first rounder probably has a lot of value around the league atm.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Our 2013 first rounder probably has a lot of value around the league atm.

Just saying.
    Not saying it doesn't but can you just explain why you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Not saying it doesn't but can you just explain why you think that?
    People under-rating us, thinking it'll be lottery perhaps?

If we're stinking it up, I wouldn't trade a chance at Shabazz or Nerlens for anyone. But then, I really need to see those two cats actually ball first.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    People under-rating us, thinking it'll be lottery perhaps?
    Basically. We're a young, injury ridden team with a number of glaring holes/weaknesses. Many people have extremely low expectations of us this season. The sooner we capitalize on this, the better, being that nobody really knows how well we'll play this season in the context of wins and losses (so many variables to consider). Otherwise we risk the chance of our pick decreasing in value like the Minnesota pick last year (which would have been a lot worse if Rubio hadn't gone down). Then again, many teams give away quality players cheaply at the trade deadline due to a lack of leverage (assuming the player in question is a FA or disgruntled). It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. We do know that Demps has shown prior interest in Jennings. That is important to realize. The play of Jennings between now and the tradeline will also be important in regards to how much Milwaukee can reasonably fetch for him.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 11-08-2012 at 03:21 PM.

1. Sign Shaun Livingston

2. ???

3. Profit

Thread Information