Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stern talks about Hornets, Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Not remotely what I mean. I mean you've bought into the line of BS the NFL fed the world.

The oh so clever manipulations designed to turn the sheeple's opinions in a specific given way like saying their investigation went over 50,000 pages of documents for evidence...which gets shortened erroenously to 50,000 pages of evidence. Using the word bounty ad nauseum that no other image but a certain one is conjured in people's minds. And that's just how they manipulated the people through clever wordplay.

Not the place, but how can you believe hook, line, and sinker that we intentionally targeted players when the purest evidence of all is that none of the 'going after the outside ACL' stuff actually happened? Where are all the injuries if there was a bounty program? Pay for play, whatever. Not legal, fine, lose draft picks. But lose our coach for a season? A complete travesty. I hope the trial completely rips to shreds every piece of "evidence" Goodell drums up.
    I am not part of the NFL's legal office, so me, like every other normal person hasn't seen the actual report, but why would they go after the Saints, out of the blue? Especially if the Super Bowl is going to be held there, this year? The chips may not add up right either way, but why not believe the NFL until proven otherwise?
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Vinny would u like to participate in a friendly battle on NbA 2k13? I would to whoop u up right now in some good ol 2k
    Me getting time on my own Xbox.... lol that doesn't happen

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    I am not part of the NFL's legal office, so me, like every other normal person hasn't seen the actual report, but why would they go after the Saints, out of the blue? Especially if the Super Bowl is going to be held there, this year? The chips may not add up right either way, but why not believe the NFL until proven otherwise?
    Mainly because that means the Saints are guilty until proven innocent.

Also because this whole way the NFL has refused to present the evidence and when we DO see the evidence, it's so harmless and far, far, far under any resonable expectation for the punishment.

Plus, the NFLs case basically hinges on two guys word (that are both conflicting with one another) vs a dozen who all claim no player ever paid for someone to hurt another player. And again, where is the on the field shots? Only two hits can even come to mind and neither even managed to knock their player out of the game. Cuz the Warner back back block occured before halftime and he came back and finished the game.

Mainly because that means the Saints are guilty until proven innocent.

Also because this whole way the NFL has refused to present the evidence and when we DO see the evidence, it's so harmless and far, far, far under any resonable expectation for the punishment.

Plus, the NFLs case basically hinges on two guys word (that are both conflicting with one another) vs a dozen who all claim no player ever paid for someone to hurt another player. And again, where is the on the field shots? Only two hits can even come to mind and neither even managed to knock their player out of the game. Cuz the Warner back back block occured before halftime and he came back and finished the game.
    It would make no sense to single out the Saints though...

I don't like Goodell either btw, let me just state that right there, the only commish I can say is an OK commish is Selig, im not a big hockey fan so I don't know much about Bettman

They didn't single out the Saints so much as the Saints fell into their laps. What appears to have happened is a disgruntled former employee was selling a story that fit the NFL's agenda so well it didn't bother checking facts because it wasn't seeking justice, it was looking for liability protection.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

I don't like Goodell either btw, let me just state that right there, the only commish I can say is an OK commish is Selig, im not a big hockey fan so I don't know much about Bettman
    Don't care about the motive. The kangaroo court took place. And I sure as hell won't stand for it.

Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Don't care about the motive. The kangaroo court took place. And I sure as hell won't stand for it.
    So the NFL said YOLO?

If you followed this thing in the least, you would know exactly why Goodell singled out the Saints. A guy named Michael Cerullo was a disgruntled ex-employee of the Saints organization, and he formulated this plan to get back at them. Goodell accepted him (along with his made up evidence) at his word, and he ran with bad information. Goodell didn't expect to have to provide evidence, and now that he does (and can't), he is having his lawyers try to find some "lauguage" that gets them out of having to fight this out in court. Goodell knows that if this goes to court, he is ******.

Now, why would Goodell go through all this trouble to mess with the Saints? Easy. He is trying to have something BIG to point to that would help him in the upcoming retired-players' lawsuits. He is 100% ****** there, but he is trying hard to create the image that the NFL cares about player safety, which is totally hilarious considering he voted for an 18 game season along with Thursday night football (very hard on the players' bodies). That is why he came down on the Saints so hard for "pay-to-injure" scheme, when anyone with a brain can look at the evidence and court testimony and realize that this was a simple "pay-for-performance" scheme. Totally different things. Every team in the league runs a pay-for-performance scheme of some sort.

Thread Information