Pelicans Report

Thread: Offense through Gordon, but....

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar

Offense through Gordon, but....

I had a vision while napping.... I saw a healthy Eric Gordon with the ball in his hands and directing traffic from the point...the other players on the court were Lopez, Davis, Anderson, and Miller...they were spreading the court nicely, as well as moving without the ball and utilizing screens smoothly and with purpose...so here I lay with only one "true" guard on the floor and slowly awakening.... Gordon puts the ball on the court and proceeds to beat his man off the dribble...more awake than asleep now...still groggy, but recognizing that both offense and defense have to be played by the same 5 players...blinking my eyes and then finding myself wondering....dream? nightmare? a bit of both?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    You still half asleep, bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    You still half asleep, bro?
    just because I imagined Gordon as being healthy?

I LOVE the idea of the following lineup for stretches (6 minutes a half or so)

Gordon
    Miller
    Anderson
    Smith
    Davis

On offense, you set and double pick with Davis and Smith, the way West and Chandler used to for Paul. Davis rim runs like Chandler, Smith pops like West and Anderson and Miller sit behind the line when the defense sucks in like Peaj and Mo used to (but better)

On defense, Gordon can cover most PG's in the league, while Davis can cover a team w/ an athletic 3 or Anderson can cover the three if it is a worthless guy who is not a threat (half the league)

Again, just for 10-12 minutes a night total, but that is a lineup that excites me
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I LOVE the idea of the following lineup for stretches (6 minutes a half or so)

Gordon
    Miller
    Anderson
    Smith
    Davis

On offense, you set and double pick with Davis and Smith, the way West and Chandler used to for Paul. Davis rim runs like Chandler, Smith pops like West and Anderson and Miller sit behind the line when the defense sucks in like Peaj and Mo used to (but better)

On defense, Gordon can cover most PG's in the league, while Davis can cover a team w/ an athletic 3 or Anderson can cover the three if it is a worthless guy who is not a threat (half the league)

Again, just for 10-12 minutes a night total, but that is a lineup that excites me
    I can see it as well...and I have to confess that Lopez has surprised me just a bit recently, but I guess my point is I would be more than willing to take a chance with Gordon as they only true guard on the floor....

Gordon playing the 1 will be a special treat like candy after nap time in pre K.
    Last edited by Silverfoxx; 10-26-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I'm fine with Gordon playing any position, I don't care. I just want to see him in the floor, and when that happens, wake me up yall.

Gordon is a combo guard, but is the opposite of the typical use of the term. He is a pass first shooting guard, and a terrific passer at that. In his few appearances on the court last season, he frequently tried to facilitate his teammates rather than score for himself(almost to a frustrating level-since we wanted a scorer). As I see it, eventually pairing him with another guard who has the ability to pass but is a scorer first is the ideal situation. If Rivers can develop into that scorer, then it makes no difference who wears what hat as long as the job gets done. I believe that is how the coaching staff sees it. Two separate guards with the ability to run the offense, facilitate teammates, or score at will.

Thread Information