Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The benching of Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Holiday did sit in a 4th last week already.
    I'm guessing Asik is done for year? What are we paying him again?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Outside Davis, team and Gentry is medocore. You just admitted it. Gentry practically said it.
    Wtf does that have to do with anything? We traded away our entire bench for Cousins, we were already a bad team before then, Of COURSE we are mediocre. We are playing 10 day contracts significant minutes while also trying to push for the playoffs.

You really need to change your perspective for this team if you thought Cousins would suddenly make us great.

Wtf does that have to do with anything? We traded away our entire bench for Cousins, we were already a bad team before then, Of COURSE we are mediocre. We are playing 10 day contracts significant minutes while also trying to push for the playoffs.

You really need to change your perspective for this team if you thought Cousins would suddenly make us great.
    Well do a google search. Most projected us a 8 th seed at least. Do I need to bump some threads? I even found some that projected us a 7th seed with the Cousins trade.
    Last edited by Champ; 03-13-2017 at 03:30 PM.

I'm guessing Asik is done for year? What are we paying him again?
    Keep beating those same drums because you get shut down on everything else.

Let me guess up next will be Holiday's new contract. Or maybe you want to mix it up and complain about Qpon still being on the team. Maybe it will be Kings attendance and Buddy Hield.

You're the same old skit. Get a new act or chill for awhile. Your old stuff is played out and annoying now.

Well do a google search. Most projected us a 8 th seed at least. Do I need to bump some threads? I even found some that projected us a 7th seed with the Cousins trade.
    Yes let's bump those threads and see what "most" is and let's see what "some" is for the 7th seed.

Good quote from UNO Fan

I expected big things this season, we were healthy for once, and we were promised that last year was our learning year. It sucked Rocky Mountain Oysters for the first half. Enter Boogie. When he got here everyone on this board, and most (of not all of the national media) was going on about how we were going to be a threat to the Warriors. Man, we are more a threat to ourselves than we are the Warriors. Since getting here we have seen a few things, 1) newcomers like Boogie and Crawford know this system better than the guys who have been here for two years. 2) the coaching staff isn't the type that's going to develop anyone. 3) this organization will need to find a new excuse as to why we suck. Injuries and yelling can't be used when you are healthy and sitting guys you are trying to build around.

Why is NOLA.com three days late in reporting something? Stein's tweet is from March 10.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Champ, you're a bit disorienting and kind of like the mad rapper from the Bad Boy CDs in the 90's. I keep trying to figure out if this is a skit and I find myself wanting to say to you, "tell'em why you mad, son! tell'em why you mad!"

But I digress...

But no, seriously, why are you so mad?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    So benching Boogie makes us a better team? How does Boogie really feel about that? You might want to look up why he hated George Karl. Anyway for Christ's sake we barely beat the Hornets last night and got thumped by the Raptors Wednesay night. Meanwhile Buddy is playing in front of standing room only crowds. Think we will have standing room only Tuesday night? Let that sink in. Again good win for Davis, good win on beating those mighty Hornets.

Gentry some sort of genius for benching Boogie? Be careful what you wish for!
    Nobody said benching Boogie makes us a better team. At that point of that game, it was a good move to sit Boogie. He has been in an ENTIRELY new System for a total of 3 weeks.You should stop skipping your Ritalin doses.
    Last edited by Tinman; 03-13-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Nobody said benching Boogie makes us a better team. At that point of that game, it was a good move to sit Boogie. He has been in an ENTIRELY new System for a total of 3 weeks.You should stop skipping your Ritalin doses.

Well at least you know what you signed up for. Fines, Fouls, Suspensions, Bad games. Certainly is not taking Crawford 3 weeks to learn basketball 101. The Gentry system must be worse that I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Champ, you're a bit disorienting and kind of like the mad rapper from the Bad Boy CDs in the 90's. I keep trying to figure out if this is a skit and I find myself wanting to say to you, "tell'em why you mad, son! tell'em why you mad!"

But I digress...

But no, seriously, why are you so mad?
    You think I'm upset? He admits it.

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...nges-in-future

Cousins and Crawford have performed like they are the only guys who know how to run this system. Boogie is part of this teams future, we just need to accept that we were never going to be as good as first billed, and that has to do with Gentey.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Cousins and Crawford have performed like they are the only guys who know how to run this system. Boogie is part of this teams future, we just need to accept that we were never going to be as good as first billed, and that has to do with Gentey.
    We need a third piece. I say we go get CP3 back even if we have to give something up for him. Think the Clips would like Asik? A draft pick if worse comes to worse?

As much as I hate cp3 for leaving us, he would have us playing so much better it doesn't make sense.
    I'm a grinder

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Nah. I didn't mean upset. You misunderstand. I meant MAD... as in certifiably insane! lol.

Well at least you know what you signed up for. Fines, Fouls, Suspensions, Bad games. Certainly is not taking Crawford 3 weeks to learn basketball 101. The Gentry system must be worse that I thought.
    Are you honestly trying to sit here and say trading for Cousins was a bad move?

Unfortunately, yes he is.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Of course it was a bad move. It wasn't perfect immediately.

There for it's a bad move.

Things are good right away or they never become good. I mean, we may as well wish for rainbows and sparkling unicorns.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I love Cousins and I think it's gonna workout. We are thinking big picture. I think we need to give it till all star break next year to make a firm judgement about the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did I say that. Check the archives. I endorsed the move. So I'm not allowed to be critical? I even just gave an idea this offseason. At least we did trade for that Okafor guy. His(Okafor) defense is worse ever.
    Last edited by Champ; 03-14-2017 at 12:41 AM.

Kings Fan Here. My advice to you all is to start drinking heavily. 6 beakers of hot damn would be a good starting point.

Its obvious that it takes time to gel. Look at the Kings. This article from last nights game mentions that Darren Collison is having to adjust to a different game. The Kings have been used to having a big scoring presence in the post. Now they don't. Only 3 total 20 point games by the entire team since the trade. And they're 2-8. This wasn't just us adding a wing, or a shooter, this is a change in the basic makeup of the team. Its going to take time.

http://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=400900392

Where did I say that. Check the archives. I endorsed the move. So I'm not allowed to be critical? I even just gave an idea this offseason. At least we did trade for that Okafor guy. His(Okafor) defense is worse ever.
    Maybe instead of just being critical you should try to have a more balanced view. The way you are talking comes off like someone who is upset with the Cousins trade as a whole.

I get it, this season is frustrating. The Cousins-AD combo hasn't come together as fast as we hoped and it probably means we are out of the playoffs. It's easy to blame Gentry or Dell for our issues. It's understandable to want better, to expect better, and to want change when that doesn't happen.

I don't think people inside or outside of the Pels organization, including everyone here, are completely happy with how things are. There's A LOT to improve. The issue isn't with you being critical. The issue is with you ONLY being critical and every thread turning into a bash everything thread.

Maybe instead of just being critical you should try to have a more balanced view. The way you are talking comes off like someone who is upset with the Cousins trade as a whole.

I get it, this season is frustrating. The Cousins-AD combo hasn't come together as fast as we hoped and it probably means we are out of the playoffs. It's easy to blame Gentry or Dell for our issues. It's understandable to want better, to expect better, and to want change when that doesn't happen.

I don't think people inside or outside of the Pels organization, including everyone here, are completely happy with how things are. There's A LOT to improve. The issue isn't with you being critical. The issue is with you ONLY being critical and every thread turning into a bash everything thread.
    Thanks! I'll use the meltdown thread next time rather than start a new thread!

Thread Information