Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Jrue Holiday signs 5 year 126 Mil deal with Pels

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    This isn't a bad contract nor is it based on potential. Otherwise the incentives wouldn't be in there. Why is Moore's contract bad?

This board needs a serious infusion of folks that know what the hell they are talking about.
    Don't worry I'm sure mm will come along at some point to tell us all how stupid we are lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    This isn't a bad contract nor is it based on potential. Otherwise the incentives wouldn't be in there. Why is Moore's contract bad?

This board needs a serious infusion of folks that know what the hell they are talking about.
    Makes you want MM back full time.

I could see us trading Jrue to Washington for Wall if he isn't willing to sign their offer one day.

Throw in Hill and two 1sts or 1st and a 2nd.

MM actually hates this contract. I follow him on Twitter and he is not a fan of this but is optimistic Dell will make other "smaller" great deals. He think we should go for Bledsoe to try to get a 3rd seed in the West.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Banned
    If somebody's claiming go for Bledsoe and the Pelicans can get a 3 seed in the west??
    Lol is he drinking? Warriors Spurs Thunder Rockets that is the Top 4 no given order.
    The Pelicans have won barely 60 games total in 2 years. So loosely making that claim of a 3 spot is ludicrous to say the least.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 07-01-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    MM actually hates this contract. I follow him on Twitter and he is not a fan of this but is optimistic Dell will make other "smaller" great deals. He think we should go for Bledsoe to try to get a 3rd seed in the West.
    Well at least he's offering a balanced critique of everything.

This deal had to be done IMO. I may be biased, but I thought he was the best free agent point guard out there. I'd take him over Teague & Lowry, mainly cause of his ability to play & guard both guard spots. Plus he's younger than those 2 as well.

Offering him that much when it kills cap space not just now but going forward for yrs & all it does is prevent us from getting worse.....is INSANE.

Never mind dude always gets hurt.

Jrue, AD, Boogie coached by Gentry, we saw how that worked out. Those same four aren't going to bring that much better results this season. Sorry to pis in the cornflakes of those leaning on hope, it aint happening.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    Offering him that much when it kills cap space not just now but going forward for yrs & all it does is prevent us from getting worse.....is INSANE.

Never mind dude always gets hurt.

Jrue, AD, Boogie coached by Gentry, we saw how that worked out. Those same four aren't going to bring that much better results this season. Sorry to pis in the cornflakes of those leaning on hope, it aint happening.
    Shouldn't you be crying on the kings forum or something good god

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Shouldn't you be crying on the kings forum or something good god

Why would I do that? I've been a fan here longer than you anyway. You could have told us why it's a good deal instead of trying to attack the poster. No one here has really broken it down.

AD: 18/19 25M, 19/20 27M
    Jrue: 18/19 25M, 19/20 25M
    Solomon: 18/19 12.7M, 19/20 13.3M
    Asik: 18/19 11M, 19/20 12M
    Moore: 18/19 8.8M, 19/20 8.6M

So add it up. That's about 83M due to those five the next two yrs. That obviously doesn't account for Boogie who'd be getting 25-30M if not more if re-signed.

So with those contracts and to re-sign Boogie it's looking like a minimum of 108M for SIX players in 18/19 and 19/20 and it easily could be 113M+ with a re-signed Boogie. And it probably aint a playoff caliber team and there really isn't anything added to the squad of value or quality.

I'm glad you think this is a good situation. But basic math suggests its a complete mess.
    Last edited by SilkySlim; 07-01-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Why would I do that? I've been a fan here longer than you anyway. You could have told us why it's a good deal instead of trying to attack the poster. No one here has really broken it down.

AD: 18/19 25M, 19/20 27M
    Jrue: 18/19 25M, 19/20 25M
    Solomon: 18/19 12.7M, 19/20 13.3M
    Asik: 18/19 11M, 19/20 12M
    Moore: 18/19 8.8M, 19/20 8.6M

So add it up. That's about 83M due to those five the next two yrs. Then obviously doesn't account for Boogie who'd be getting 25-30M if not more is re-signed.

So with those contracts and to re-sign Boogie it's looking like a minimum of 108M for SIX players in 18/19. And it probably aint a playoff caliber team and there really isn't anything added to the squad of value or quality.

I'm glad you think this is a good situation. But basic math suggests its a complete mess.
    Didn't attack the poster attacked your non stop complaining post but hey thanks for being here "longer" buddy

Didn't attack the poster attacked your non stop complaining post but hey thanks for being here "longer" buddy

All you're doing is complaining about the poster while ignoring the actual points made. How about you tell us why the above is a good situation.

All you're doing is complaining about the poster while ignoring the actual points made. How about you tell us why the above is a good situation.
    No I'm complaining about your posts and thats easy we have competent pg instead of a cheap slightly below average one I really couldn't care less how much they paid him doesn't bother me in the slightest

Banned
    SS you are dead on with your fuzzy math.
    I don't see how we crack the top 7 in the west based on the same players and Head Coach.
    Most of these guys on the forum look at POTENTIAL WINS
    Facts stat otherwise. Cousins was forced to New Orleans via trade not because he seen POTENTIAL.
    Modern NBA don't have the same mindset as 90s NBA. Starting two Big Men. History says it works well.
    My issue honestly is Head Coach. We have a guy who is lost as a leader. I think Finch was forced on him.
    Again I blame the Pelicans for not wanting to pay for a high quality Head Coach when they were searching.
    Scotty Brooks Tom Thibeau Van Gundy were available but at higher price tags. The Pelicans went with the lower spectrum in Gentry. All points to accountability in the ball club. I don't think it's a good situation myself.
    We should have moved on from Holiday and went with another option due to we need change.

Quote Originally Posted by MG3n2K9 View Post
    Of the 394 minutes that Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins shared the floor, Jrue Holiday was also on the floor for 95% of them.— Micah Adams (@MicahAdams13) June 30, 2017

In the 376 minutes Jrue Holiday shared floor with Davis & Boogie, Pelicans had scoring margin of a 54-win team last season. There's promise.— Micah Adams (@MicahAdams13) June 30, 2017
    Shhh, you can't put those types of things out there

Shhh, you can't put those types of things out there

If only the entire season was 376 mins. Dang it!

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    If only the entire season was 394 mins. Dang it!
    Ikr let's just dicount the good things awe shucks

Quote Originally Posted by MG3n2K9 View Post

Using that as some sort of lithmus test is so flawed. Where to start? This being a different season? The coaching staff and system being different? Other teams in the West being better? The teams the 3 of those guys were healthy for were a combined below .500? Where do we start?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

we need a three still, we need to waive/stretch asik and ajinca. I think we need to go after a guy like will barton. I think we need to look into trading moore/hill. I think we will wind up signing the other holiday too...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I'm for getting Bledsoe! I like trading for him and sign CJ Miles and Collison with the MLE.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    He will be outside of the top ten as early as next season. Right about where he should be.
    THANK YOU. It's nutty how people STILL don't understand how pretty much every new deal over the last couple years has been done with the future cap jumps in consideration.

For instance right now, Conley is around where he should be...making between Curry/Wall and the 2nd/3rd tier Teagues, Holidays, etc. Last year his deal looked silly.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    THANK YOU. It's nutty how people STILL don't understand how pretty much every new deal over the last couple years has been done with the future cap jumps in consideration.

For instance right now, Conley is around where he should be...making between Curry/Wall and the 2nd/3rd tier Teagues, Holidays, etc. Last year his deal looked silly.

But Teague is not making as much as Jrue, and he is an AS too (and more recently might I add). Jrue should have been paid more around the Teague range (he isn't a top tier pg).

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post

Like the cap jumped up a whopping $5 million this year, so that allows stupid teams like the Pels to pay average at best players like Jrue possibly $30 million a year. We will regret this deal tremendously. I have no doubt.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Using that as some sort of lithmus test is so flawed. Where to start? This being a different season? The coaching staff and system being different? Other teams in the West being better? The teams the 3 of those guys were healthy for were a combined below .500? Where do we start?
    Lol. You are a lost cause.

Thread Information