Pelicans Report

Thread: Raptors/Bucks Trade

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

Raptors/Bucks Trade

Raptors Send:
    SG Michael Finley and PF Jerome Williams

Bucks Send:
    PG Nick Van Exel and PF Etan Thomas

I'm backing out of this trade since it didn't get approved yet.

I sincerely knew PreP's backing out of a trade and it being upheld would be a slippery slope for this league. I get that it was different because it wasn't legal etc, but it opens the door to this. Interesting to see how this will be delt with.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 06-19-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Trades get backed out of all the time. I think it's part of the game, getting deals done is supposed to be difficult. Heck I've spent tons of time on the trade checker trying to get trades to work before I've even set the offers. Like I said deals should be harder to make so I don't blame anyone for backing out of a trade, before it's been processed.
    #FREEQUAIL

Was it accpeted in this thread though and then that post deleted or not? Because if it WAS to me it's the same as faxing the paperwork into the league office. If it wasnt accepted on here then it's cool, if it was then the post was deleted then I dont think it's cool.

Yeah, it was posted and approved here.

PrepP's backing out seems to be legit as he would add another 2nd rounder on his deal for it to work.

People need to think twice before accepting any deals, and think some more before approving it.

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    PrepP's backing out seems to be legit as he would add another 2nd rounder on his deal for it to work.
    There are more facts to that trade that you don't know about. Regardless, a decision hasn't been made on this, and yes I still am a little sour on how that turned out lol.

Exactly. He approved it in this thread. And is backing out because it's taking too long. Plus he got an offer for Gary Payton. This section is for finalized trades/transactions. If both parties post in here saying they approve, it should be a done deal, regardless if it's been processed by the commish or not. He can't be around always to process trades. He has a life too. But What if he had been on last night and processed this? He wouldn't have been able to back out then. It's messed up, and other moves I'm making were based on this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    There are more facts to that trade that you don't know about. Regardless, a decision hasn't been made on this, and yes I still am a little sour on how that turned out lol.
    sorry bout that, im just basing it on whats posted on the board, and on CP3's rule about the 5 player thing

It's cool. It is what it is, i'm enjoying the league and i respect the decision made. If he would have made a converse decision, it would have been off of speculation.

Fact of the matter, these threads should have 3 posts: Original trade. Approval. And Processed. If there needs to be more discussion, its to be done offline/through PM. Commentary on what other people think of the trade doesn't need to be here in the Finalized Trades threads, as it could compell people to change minds and rethink deals, despite already saying APPROVED. If you read the the original trade proposal and then post approved, it should be a done deal. If you read the original trade and disagree, post "disagree" and take it off line. Pretty straight forward and simple. The purpose of the thread is to see the original trade and approve it.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Fact of the matter, these threads should have 3 posts: Original trade. Approval. And Processed. If there needs to be more discussion, its to be done offline/through PM. Commentary on what other people think of the trade doesn't need to be here in the Finalized Trades threads, as it could compell people to change minds and rethink deals, despite already saying APPROVED. If you read the the original trade proposal and then post approved, it should be a done deal. If you read the original trade and disagree, post "disagree" and take it off line. Pretty straight forward and simple. The purpose of the thread is to see the original trade and approve it.
    I agree with once a person says "approved" then it's a done deal. But all I saw was the second post that said he was backing out. The whole editing your post thing can make that part difficult.
    Last edited by Conroy; 06-19-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Trade was already accepted before 247 backed out. This trade will be processed after Quailman's other trade.

I've said a number of times, tread carefully before deciding to do a deal. If you put ACCEPTED in your trade thread, then you have accepted the trade and that is that, unless if there is some type of issue like an illegal trade.

Also, I can see all posts, whether they were deleted or not. 247 accepted the trade at 6:15 last night and decided to back out at 10:04 this morning.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Trade was already accepted before 247 backed out. This trade will be processed after Quailman's other trade.

I've said a number of times, tread carefully before deciding to do a deal. If you put ACCEPTED in your trade thread, then you have accepted the trade and that is that, unless if there is some type of issue like an illegal trade.

Also, I can see all posts, whether they were deleted or not. 247 accepted the trade at 6:15 last night and decided to back out at 10:04 this morning.
    /applause

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    PROCESSED

Thread Information