Pelicans Report

Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1427

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    IMO Indiana was out of their minds for not taking Kaman when they had a chance. Their pick ended up being Miles Plumlee who is a marginal prospect who may have been undrafted if Indiana didnt pick him. Indiana had a legitimate chance at beating Miami last year and making it to the NBA finals and Kaman who have helped big time in that cause.
    Plumlee would have been drafted for sure (maybe not in the 1st round).

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate View Post
    What exactly is starter minutes for centers in today's NBA game?
    I'd say 25mpg at the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ10Hornets View Post
    You can't tell me with a straight face you would take Gortat, Morris, Scola, and Frye over Davis, Anderson, Smith, and Lopez...btw, I didn't include Beasley, he will play SF.
    He's got a point about the Utah thing though, Utah has the better frontcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    He's got a point about the Utah thing though, Utah has the better frontcourt.
    Do they really? On paper, they're awesome but when they play against real size, they tend to get out played. We were 2-1 against them last season and handled their front-court pretty well.

I coulda sworn I heard Dell in his interview saying that he acquired Lopez to fill the center position, and that they have been looking for somebody to fill that role!! I wanna hear all those people who said Davis was going to be our center have to say about that? Because I coulda sworn people called me crazy for saying that!

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I coulda sworn I heard Dell in his interview saying that he acquired Lopez to fill the center position, and that they have been looking for somebody to fill that role!! I wanna hear all those people who said Davis was going to be our center have to say about that? Because I coulda sworn people called me crazy for saying that!
    Plenty of playing time to go around.

Eric Gordon: "I said WHAT two weeks ago??". "Look over there!"

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Eric Gordon: "I said WHAT two weeks ago??". "Look over there!"
    *Vintage Gordon.*
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    We decided to use his cap space ($13 million) to sign Ryan Anderson ($8 million) and Robin Lopez ($5 million). If we had traded him at the deadline, we would have had to take on equal salary, which would have made all of this impossible. Smart move by Demps, IMO, and I think that is what he meant when he said "sometimes the best move is no move."
    good post and very accurate response...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3mEBEMlBM

i remember this!! can anyone make a gif of it?

Quote Originally Posted by SharlieCheen View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3mEBEMlBM

i remember this!! can anyone make a gif of it?
    There's a gif of it in this thread somewhere. Remember seeing that the other day.

When I think about it... This trade was basically Dyson for Lopez and Warrick. We gave Minny their two picks back and dumped Miller like we planned to anyway. Fans should stop doubting Dell Demps' mastery at making deals. He also found the loophole in the CBA to allow Miller to be included in the deal. The holdup was because PHX was receiving too much not us.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    When I think about it... This trade was basically Dyson for Lopez and Warrick. We gave Minny their two picks back and dumped Miller like we planned to anyway. Fans should stop doubting Dell Demps' mastery at making deals. He also found the loophole in the CBA to allow Miller to be included in the deal. The holdup was because PHX was receiving too much not us.
    More like Jack + Dyson for Lopez + Warrick

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    More like Jack + Dyson for Lopez + Warrick
    I'd still take that everyday of the year.

Dell is really cunning! I love it.
    Kind of reminds me of Gus from Breaking Bad on how methodical he is.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    We decided to use his cap space ($13 million) to sign Ryan Anderson ($8 million) and Robin Lopez ($5 million). If we had traded him at the deadline, we would have had to take on equal salary, which would have made all of this impossible. Smart move by Demps, IMO, and I think that is what he meant when he said "sometimes the best move is no move."
    Preach.

This trade is a testament to the power of cap space, and Kaman's expiring was as much about his expiring as it was about his potential to contribute. Minnesota wanted cap space, PHX basically bought a first rounder for $1m, and we were able to lose a $5m expiring and a highly protected second rounder for a $4m expiring (if we want it to be so) and a 7ft'er our guys believe in on a seemingly good deal.

Why? The power of cap space.

So what was all the hubbub anyway about the idea that we couldn't bundle Miller's contract in the trade? This was actually a pretty straightforward trade I though. How could we get it so wrong and yet be so certain about it?

Was all that crap just manufactured on here to get is thread to 50 pages or was there someone out there in the real world that thought the CBA wouldn't allow this?

Guess we will have to remember that anyone on here who is talking like an expert really probably has very little clue.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    60 pages or bust?
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Alot of Suns fans and other people are saying Lopez is trash and Warrick is the worst defender in the NBA. Let's See Monty do his magic!!!!!!!

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Plenty of playing time to go around.
    Give hime SOMETHING thought dude.
    Wherehappens.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Alot of Suns fans and other people are saying Lopez is trash and Warrick is the worst defender in the NBA. Let's See Monty do his magic!!!!!!!
    Par the course when it comes to these things. Attack who you lost, praise who you gain.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    IMO Indiana was out of their minds for not taking Kaman when they had a chance. Their pick ended up being Miles Plumlee who is a marginal prospect who may have been undrafted if Indiana didnt pick him. Indiana had a legitimate chance at beating Miami last year and making it to the NBA finals and Kaman who have helped big time in that cause.
    WE could of got perry jones III

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    So what was all the hubbub anyway about the idea that we couldn't bundle Miller's contract in the trade? This was actually a pretty straightforward trade I though. How could we get it so wrong and yet be so certain about it?

Was all that crap just manufactured on here to get is thread to 50 pages or was there someone out there in the real world that thought the CBA wouldn't allow this?

Guess we will have to remember that anyone on here who is talking like an expert really probably has very little clue.
    Not sure what you're alluding to but the initial report had Miller going back to Minnesota which was impossible according to the CBA. We debunked it and the media eventually came out and corrected themselves and said Miller was going to Phoenix.

The entire deal wasn't straight forward and the teams ran into a couple of speedbumps that held up the trade.

This is a new CBA, no one is an expert on it. Even the NBA GMs who neogiated the deal had issues. It's a learning experience. No need to get hostile over it. We're more knowledgable about the CBA than we were before this offseason. That's all that matters in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Give hime SOMETHING thought dude.

There's plenty of thoughful thoughts regarding answers to his comments in the thread. I'm not going to repeat myself at every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Not sure what you're alluding to but the initial report had Miller going back to Minnesota which was impossible according to the CBA. We debunked it and the media eventually came out and corrected themselves and said Miller was going to Phoenix.

The entire deal wasn't straight forward and the teams ran into a couple of speedbumps that held up the trade.

This is a new CBA, no one is an expert on it. Even the NBA GMs who neogiated the deal had issues. It's a learning experience. No need to get hostile over it. We're more knowledgable about the CBA than we were before this offseason. That's all that matters in the end.
    Not sure what you're alluding to

Did you actually read the last ten or twenty pages of this thread, where it was established as some sort of certainty that the problem with the trade was that we couldn't aggregate Miller with another contract? And that's why so many endless trade scenarios were thrown out there over the last 24 hours.

I'm not angry. I just think people should not pretend to be experts when they actually have very little clue. It's not just good etiquette on this forum but in life in general. People were needlessly made to worry about this trade.

Thread Information