Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Per Wojo:Lakers trying to add Suns' Trevor Ariza in three-way trade

Per Wojo:Lakers trying to add Suns' Trevor Ariza in three-way trade

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...hree-way-trade

The Los Angeles Lakers are engaged in talks to try to acquire Phoenix Suns forward Trevor Ariza, league sources told ESPN.

The teams have been working to reach an agreement with a third team that would take on Lakers guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope as part of a potentially larger deal, league sources said.

The Suns want to land a playmaking guard and a draft asset as the price of unloading Ariza, sources said. Phoenix and Los Angeles have made progress in third-team scenarios, although no agreements are close and both teams remain active in multiple trade discussions throughout the league, sources said.

No trade can be completed officially until Saturday, when players who, like Ariza, were signed in summer free agency become eligible to be traded.
    Could we be the third team that takes Pope?

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I wanted Ariza

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...hree-way-trade

Could we be the third team that takes Pope?
    I hope not. We need a PG or SF not another SG to play out of position.

We could take on Pope if they would take Soloman back for nothing, which wouldnt happen, so I guess the answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    I wanted Ariza
    Not worth it for that price.

Basketball Guru
    if james jones give ariza to the lakers for a garbage platter,,the league should investigate that dude for giving his friend lebron free help to win.....i believe jones did it with tyson by cutting him and talked him into joining lebron .....lebron is on record saying if he had a team,,jones would be in his front office...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    if james jones give ariza to the lakers for a garbage platter,,the league should investigate that dude for giving his friend lebron free help to win.....i believe jones did it with tyson by cutting him and talked him into joining lebron .....lebron is on record saying if he had a team,,jones would be in his front office...
    So essentially the Suns are the Lakers farm team, lol.

Mmmmm....I'm with Imnos. I love Ariza. Wish we could snake him. Pipe dream.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    It would not surprise me if we were the 3rd team, but TJ Warren and our 1st round pick might have to be involved.

Is turning Solo and a 1 into Pope and Warren a good deal for us?

Basketball Guru
    pope has veto trade power so i know he was not going to the suns.....he and AD has the same agent so we may be involved....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    pope has veto trade power so i know he was not going to the suns.....he and AD has the same agent so we may be involved....
    If we are, it's 100% about Klutch Sports representing AD and Pope.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    How well is Pope playing this season?

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    How well is Pope playing this season?
    Not well at all. 38% fg 31% from 3.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Thanks. That is about what I thought, which means we aren't going after him. I like Dell in this situation, and I would think that he has no interest KCP

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    It would not surprise me if we were the 3rd team, but TJ Warren and our 1st round pick might have to be involved.

Is turning Solo and a 1 into Pope and Warren a good deal for us?
    I don't how much better we could do with a 1, but I do know that I like Warren quite a bit...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I'm not interested in a deal with the Lakers or Phoenix because any team I would be willing to use a 1st on needs to have a backup PG as well that we can get.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Hm. Orlando has DJ Augustin. New York has Trey Burke. Who else on those teams is worth pursuing? Terrence Ross hasn't sucked this year. Tim Hardaway has played very well. Then there's Atlanta with Jeremy Lin and Bazemore.

Well at least Lebron is asking for Ariza and not A.D.

At this point Pope can do no worse than what you got now. Maybe the Lakers will take Hill too?

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    Well at least Lebron is asking for Ariza and not A.D.
    Even you don't believe that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Davis not going to the Lakers if they are not winning. This could blow up in Magic&Kobe’s agent face. Ariza and Chandler won’t win them championship. I do hope they get Ariza. More chances Davis stays put here.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

I don't get why Washington needs Ariza when they have Oubre and Porter? Surely it's Porter out the door then since they need to send out 15 mil salary
    Last edited by AusPel; 12-14-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I don't get why Washington needs Ariza when they have Oubre and Porter? Surely it's Porter out the door then since they need to send out 15 mil salary
    Well I found this on reddit:

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/s...18962586771456

https://www.reddit.com/r/NOLAPelican...wizards_trade/

a reddit comment goes further stating:

"Under the original post he answered a question about with each other or in general. He said in general."

So while the Pels aren't trying to trade with the Wizards exactly, both are very active. Now Ariza pops up in a trade with the Wizards but it's a multi-team deal. There's a good chance the pels are trying to get in on this.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Well I found this on reddit:

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/s...18962586771456

https://www.reddit.com/r/NOLAPelican...wizards_trade/

a reddit comment goes further stating:

"Under the original post he answered a question about with each other or in general. He said in general."

So while the Pels aren't trying to trade with the Wizards exactly, both are very active. Now Ariza pops up in a trade with the Wizards but it's a multi-team deal. There's a good chance the pels are trying to get in on this.
    Well we missed out on Ariza and Oubre

Thread Information