Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bledsoe way over hyped

Bledsoe way over hyped

Watching Clippers vs Timberwolves tonight. Bledsoe in for the injured CP3 would bring the ball down and most of the time would immediately pass to a teammate and would not touch the ball again during the possession, allowing his teammates to get their own shot. Rivers could easily play that style if Monty wanted the offense run that way. He didn't attack the basket much if at all. His defense didn't seem that tight although he did get some steals. He does not seem to be much of a scorer or make your own shot in crunch time. GV is a much better young pt guard for the Hornets and may be just what the Hornets want in their pt if he keeps developing his game and plays within his limitations. Bledsoe would not beat out GV.

This is a classic post.

Lets make a observation that is "set in stone" after one game... If you watched his game a couple days ago, his 19 points 5 assists and 7 rebounds would tell a different story...

Infact, i watch a lot of clippers games considering i am a big Chris Paul fan, and bledsoe is over hyped and i laugh at the amount of praise this board gives him.

I've watched about 10-12 LA Clips games and have also come to the conclusion that he is overhyped. IMO Rivers is a better prospect (bash me all you want people).

Rivers is not a better prospect, but I've never been the one to claim Bledsoe to be our Savior. I want a scoring SF while we keep aminu for defensive purposes.

I think everybody is too worried about acquiring when we should be worried about keeping some of our key pieces.
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    I think everybody is too worried about acquiring when we should be worried about keeping some of our key pieces.
    This. We have good, young, cheap pieces in Vasquez, Smith, and Lopez...lets trade them away!!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    I've watched about 10-12 LA Clips games and have also come to the conclusion that he is overhyped. IMO Rivers is a better prospect (bash me all you want people).

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Bledsoe's defense puts on him on a whole different level then Austin. Bledsoe can impact the game defensively and offensively w/ his energy...Austin hasn't shown he can do either yet.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If words that start with "over" were a person, I'd push him in front of a train. Overhyped. Overrated.

Bledsoe will defend. He'll run the floor. Finish above the rim. Get steals. Make plays. As much as he's poor as a scorer or facilitator, he's good in other areas. Strengths. Weaknesses.

And about our pieces. Does this team win a championship in the near future if we just draft player X this year? Maybe sign somebody as a free agent? Do we ignore any trade options so we can keep the fan favorites? Not saying trade everyone. Not saying we shouldn't have untouchable guys. But all options should be kept open.

Getting Bledsoe is just one of many routes we can pursue.

Bledsoe way over hyped

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If words that start with "over" were a person, I'd push him in front of a train. Overhyped. Overrated.

Bledsoe will defend. He'll run the floor. Finish above the rim. Get steals. Make plays. As much as he's poor as a scorer or facilitator, he's good in other areas. Strengths. Weaknesses.

And about our pieces. Does this team win a championship in the near future if we just draft player X this year? Maybe sign somebody as a free agent? Do we ignore any trade options so we can keep the fan favorites? Not saying trade everyone. Not saying we shouldn't have untouchable guys. But all options should be kept open.

Getting Bledsoe is just one of many routes we can pursue.
    This. And boom goes the dynamite.

Bledsoe is not a better fit on this team than vasquez. Some people don't give him enough credit for his play and hound him as if we are just gonna fall into another cp3 type pg. Vasquez is good enough to start on this team if ad develops properly.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    Bledsoe's defense puts on him on a whole different level then Austin. Bledsoe can impact the game defensively and offensively w/ his energy...Austin hasn't shown he can do either yet.
    Yes, but neither could Bledsoe in his first year.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I hear you, but my view is that I don't know that Bledsoe is actually an upgrade for us, just a sideways move. I'm not sure who I'd want to give up on our current roster (realistically) to have him. But yeah, keeping your options open is a good thing.

I think the reason Bledsoe gets so much love from Hornets fans is because his strengths are Vasquez' glaring weaknesses, so if you bring Bledsoe in for Vasquez you fix all the problems the team had been having. The problem is no one considers the problems that would be opened up because of Bledsoe's weaknesses. I would see Vasquez for Bledsoe as a lateral move that you only make because you think he fits better next to Gordon long term, but I'm not sure that is a true statement.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    If it's Bledsoe or a legit 3 (or even just a scoring 3), I'm taking Vasquez and the 3 100% of the time.
    Wherehappens.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    If it's Bledsoe or a legit 3 (or even just a scoring 3), I'm taking Vasquez and the 3 100% of the time.
    What if you can have both?

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    I think the reason Bledsoe gets so much love from Hornets fans is because his strengths are Vasquez' glaring weaknesses, so if you bring Bledsoe in for Vasquez you fix all the problems the team had been having. The problem is no one considers the problems that would be opened up because of Bledsoe's weaknesses. I would see Vasquez for Bledsoe as a lateral move that you only make because you think he fits better next to Gordon long term, but I'm not sure that is a true statement.
    GV's only glaring weakness is his isolation defense, is Bledsoe's really that much better? GV's been scoring on par with Bledsoe and distributing at a higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    What if you can have both?
    Don't you tease me, my friend.

I don't see us going crazy so I expect either one big move (Bledsoe/Iggy) or a couple of smaller moves for depth or more balance.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Not to mention did ANYONE think Vasquez would take off this well when we got him? If so, then you should be getting paid for your prognostication skills. People keep mentioning fit, when we're basing it off what Bledsoe is doing on a completely different team and philosophy. Even Gordon isn't fitting in precisely like he did in LA. More shooters here. A more versatile frontline. Less called on to handle the rock except in late game closing situations.

Bledsoe way over hyped

Not to mention did ANYONE think Vasquez would take off this well when we got him? .
    I know Memphis sure as hell didn't !

Not to mention did ANYONE think Vasquez would take off this well when we got him? If so, then you should be getting paid for your prognostication skills. People keep mentioning fit, when we're basing it off what Bledsoe is doing on a completely different team and philosophy. Even Gordon isn't fitting in precisely like he did in LA. More shooters here. A more versatile frontline. Less called on to handle the rock except in late game closing situations.
    If anything I'd like a better backup than Roberts to handle backing up Vasquez along with a shooter to pair with Aminu (if he doesn't leave which is likely imo).

Don't you tease me, my friend.

I don't see us going crazy so I expect either one big move (Bledsoe/Iggy) or a couple of smaller moves for depth or more balance.
    I love GV, I was on the gravy train way earlier in the season when everyone was saying we needed to upgrade the position. But I agree with the fact that his value may be peaked ATM and I love the idea of the defensive back court we would have with gordon and bledsoe. I'm just saying we may be able to get a scoring SF without having to spend most of our FA $$. Ex: drafting anthony bennett. We would be able to sign a guy like bledsoe or something. I'm not trying to get rid of Vasquez I am just wondering how you would feel if you had your scoring SF.

If anything I'd like a better backup than Roberts to handle backing up Vasquez along with a shooter to pair with Aminu (if he doesn't leave which is likely imo).
    IMO roberts should be a backup SG. Not on this team I'm just saying. He would have to gaurd the 1s because of this size but his game isn't fit for PG.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I love GV, I was on the gravy train way earlier in the season when everyone was saying we needed to upgrade the position. But I agree with the fact that his value may be peaked ATM and I love the idea of the defensive back court we would have with gordon and bledsoe. I'm just saying we may be able to get a scoring SF without having to spend most of our FA $$. Ex: drafting anthony bennett. We would be able to sign a guy like bledsoe or something. I'm not trying to get rid of Vasquez I am just wondering how you would feel if you had your scoring SF.
    I'm all for drafting a Porter or Poythress to be that guy (I think Bennett will be way gone by our pick) and keeping GV. Twist for you: drafting Trey Burke to be that PG backup and using the money to sign Iggy.

I would poop myself.

Thread Information