Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Chris Miles has little birdies with trade speculation

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    Jennings or bust.

Deng is not what we need at the SF... we can experiment w/ Anderson at the 3 on offense and Davis guarding 3's on D.

Perhaps that's why Aminu was moved into the starting lineup again and Vasquez has been playmaking more getting his stats up. A bit of an audition b/c this team can settle w/ having Rivers/Roberts backing up the PG spot once EG comes back.
    Deng's contract isn't what we need. But his play most certainly is. People mention our two biggest holes are at PG and SF. Center too if you wanna get right down to it. He's a gettable component and would fill a need of a veteran with actual usability on the court. It's great we have Mason, but what good is his veteran leadership when we'd rather him not even see the floor?

Chris Miles has little birdies with trade speculation

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I don't see the bobcats parting with Kemba Walker without a lot in return. He fits the system in place for Bobcats new coach perfectly. Jennings will be way easier attainable and we have been rumored to him previously. I think with the right coaching, system, and players around him he could possibly develop into next Tony Parker next to Rivers. Possibly Move Gordon for a Paul George if not a Granger/Deng all very realistic. Maybe move Lopez for McGee if you don't like it or won't happen then no, but would be best defensive big men in the NBA. We still have a 1st rnd pick and could possibly add Nerlens Noel who so happened to wanna be just like Anthony Davis. That would be the best big man tandem maybe ever! Draft other big men if not possible. We shoulld do whatever possible to draft him whether that's moving up or losing enough games so we are a Lottery pick, not purposely.
    Jennings/Bledsoe?, Rivers, George/Granger/Deng, Davis/Ryno!, Noel?!, Smith, Lopez, McGee?
    Those are all very possible and would be serious championship contenders once developed.
    I don't think that would work cap wise would it? Jennings would have to be extended along with George. Deng has two more years on his deal 13 and 14 million then you have McGee who already has a four year 44 million. Then pair that with having to extend AD after three years, will it work?
    Last edited by Nsingh93; 12-18-2012 at 10:00 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    I don't think that would work cap wise would it? Jennings would have to be extended along with George and McGee already has a four year 44 million. Then pair that with having to extend AD after three years, will it work?
    I'm not going with that proposal, but that's got to be a tertiary thing. I mean, suppose Austin Rivers blows up, becomes an All-Star talent? We'll need to pay him and pay Davis big bucks. In addition if we don't move Gordon, we'll still have his contract.

Paying for talent is the price of winning.

That said, I don't think that's an even remotely realistic means of getting that talent.

Chris Miles has little birdies with trade speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm not going with that proposal, but that's got to be a tertiary thing. I mean, suppose Austin Rivers blows up, becomes an All-Star talent? We'll need to pay him and pay Davis big bucks. In addition if we don't move Gordon, we'll still have his contract.

Paying for talent is the price of winning.

That said, I don't think that's an even remotely realistic means of getting that talent.
    Yup we can have the "deepest" team in the league with all these talented players but sooner or later they're going to want to get paid big bucks no matter how talented the team they are on now is (James Harden)

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    I don't think that would work cap wise would it? Jennings would have to be extended along with George. Deng has two more years on his deal 13 and 14 million then you have McGee who already has a four year 44 million. Then pair that with having to extend AD after three years, will it work?
    I see what you mean, but yes could be very affordable. Say we get Jennings I don't think he will demand Max. I believe Rivers will be paid well next time for renewal but not a Gordon max. Suppose we see Goroons contract for 1 of our desired SF's swapped $ wise. We still leave ourselves to max Davis on a 5 year deal. It will be tight with the salary cap, but is very achievable.

Beurk

Thread Information