Pelicans Report

Thread: Nikola Pekovic or Al Jefferson

Nikola Pekovic or Al Jefferson

Timberwolves wont be able to afford pekovic and jefferson is a free agent would u rather a brute of a rebounder and decent touch around the rim like pekovic or a scoring rebouding machine but no defensive player. Pekovic and davis would give us limited offense but plenty enough. Jefferson would give us great post offense and maybe davis could make up for his lack of D, who would yall rather? Also i really hope we draft shabazz mahammad, crazy athlete, can rebound, score and is shooting 46% from 3 this year. think MKG with a nasty jumper

rivers
    gordon
    shabazz
    davis/ryno
    pekovic/jefferson

nasty team.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 12-15-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Pekovic, great size, fits the team well.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pekovic, better knees i think at this point. has he had any injuries?

Pekovic, no questions asked. AD can stay at PF. Then we can draft Bass from UCLA

Pek is a beast. Al Jeff is a black hole.

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Pek. He's a beast and very underrated. He put up 31 against us tonight. Make it happen Benson/Demps

Al Jefferson, Pek has had two career nights against us .. He aint that consistent Al Jefferson can put up 30+ two nights in a row. Pek Can't

If Minny want him....they can afford him.
    There cap is only 49M next season and if wants 12M he will get it.

Jefferson, with out question IMO. He is the best low-post scorer in the league, and he would be a perfect compliment to Davis. Besides, he's only 27 (1 year older than Pekovic), so he can still be a part of a rebuilding effort. Pekovic has injury concerns too.

Wait, what happened to all the "Robin Lopez has a PER of 20" talk? I thought we were set at the four and five? It seemed like everyone was in love with Lopez and now he is just an afterthought? Poor guy
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He's exceeded expectations. Which were extremely low for me to begin with. Doesn't mean he's not upgradeable.

I've seen improvement from Lopez this season. If only he would learn to REBOUND!!!!

I don't know if I can support a 7 foot Center with 1 rebound a game.

Just teasing- I have loved Pek for a while now, was #2 on my list in offseason with regards to guys who would look best next to Anthony Davis that were somewhat attainable. Have no clue what kind of salary he will get. Who is a similar player as far as skill set and what did they get on the open market when they hit it at a similar point in their career? Can't think of anybody. Usually centers that hit the FA market are these skinny pogo stick guys like Chandler and DeAndre Jordan. They get paid based off of elite athleticism. Can't think of a guy similar to Pek. Maybe a rich nan's Omer Asik, who got 8+ per. So, yeah, I think 10-12 mil per year is probably what he would get. I wouldn't give it to him now that we have Ryno because he and Davis should get 35 min per game, but I sure hope Pekovic goes to a team out East

Aside from the fact that Jefferson beats Pekovic in nearly every single advanced metric, especially rebounding %, Jefferson has done it in the NBA longer, is a much better low-post scorer, and he'd be a better pairing with Davis and Anderson for 2 main reasons:

1) Jefferson is an absolute BEAST on the defensive boards (DRB% = 27.7%), whereas Pekovic is dreadful considering his size (15.3%). This is woefully important because both Davis and Anderson are great offensive rebounders.

2) Jefferson has one of the best low-post games in the league to complement Anderson's and Davis' outside games.

Ya I have to agree with slim jefferson would be the better fit and I think pekovic is overrated. While Jefferson can be a black hole with the right coaching that could be stopped

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Aside from the fact that Jefferson beats Pekovic in nearly every single advanced metric, especially rebounding %, Jefferson has done it in the NBA longer, is a much better low-post scorer, and he'd be a better pairing with Davis and Anderson for 2 main reasons:

1) Jefferson is an absolute BEAST on the defensive boards (DRB% = 27.7%), whereas Pekovic is dreadful considering his size (15.3%). This is woefully important because both Davis and Anderson are great offensive rebounders.

2) Jefferson has one of the best low-post games in the league to complement Anderson's and Davis' outside games.
    Right except you'll have to pay an additional 5 million a year for him. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Ya I have to agree with slim jefferson would be the better fit and I think pekovic is overrated. While Jefferson can be a black hole with the right coaching that could be stopped
    Jefferson's Usage% really isn't that high, and it's only 1 point higher than Pekovic's.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Right except you'll have to pay an additional 5 million a year for him. Pass.
    Potentially. Market is semi-flooded this year. Could be a bidding war for Howard and Bynum. Pekovic will be targeted. I wouldn't mind paying $12-13 million for Jefferson. Obviously, Dell would have to set a price and stick to it.

I don't think there will as big of a bidding war as it would seem for those guys. Think Howard stays in LA or goes to Dallas. Bynum will prolly just stay in Philly.

I wouldn't pay more than $9 mil for Jefferson.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information