Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: kemba walker available

NBA kemba walker available

The Hornets have made Kemba Walker available in trade discussions, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...g-kemba-walker

Woooooooah
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Get it done, Demps

Denver has the most assets to give up
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Get it done, Demps
    Not realistic given their desire to shed salary, our cap position and our lack of assets.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not realistic
    I've heard that one before when Boogie trade news started. Demps said, "Oh really?".

Cheick Diallo + Frank Jackson will get 'er done!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What's up with Frank Jackson, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    I've heard that one before when Boogie trade news started. Demps said, "Oh really?".
    We were not up against the luxury tax then.

Never know maybe we can pull something off,never thought boogie was a possibility.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Can we get a backup big though!?
    RIP FlyGirl

While it may be harder because we are up against the luxury tax but there are plenty of ways to make the trade work. As long as the salaries are close to matching, im not sure the numbers of how close, it should work and you could always get a third team involved.

Much harder to complete but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Can we get a backup big though!?
    Kemba and Marvin?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    question,,,,,how are we going to upgrade our roster next season with jrue,,25mil,,,,AD, 23mil and i assume cousins will make more than jrue plus hill 12mil on the books?......we are looking at close to 90mil with those 4 players....i didnt count asik 10mil because im praying that he get traded somehow to an roster upgrade but if not...what do we do to keep the playoff move going forward?.......

I hear Donatas Motiejunas is a free agent. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    I hear Donatas Motiejunas is a free agent. Lol.
    On a side note, he is perhaps the craziest story of the last few years. Went from about to cash in with a big contract from Brooklyn to getting matched by Houston, only to fail his physical, to get sidelined when Cousins came in, to not even playing in the NBA. From 37 million to a couple million in China.

On Kemba, only way I see the Pels getting involved is if they are willing to part with Cousins. Likely in a three team trade to somewhere like Cleveland. But then you have to ask why Cleveland doesn’t just cut out the middleman and seeks Kemba for themselves?

This is one of those times you just wish you had a better GM that hasn’t handicapped you with so many bad contracts. Asik/Ajinca/Hill are such an anchor on this team being capable of getting ourselves in these conversations. Save a once in a lifetime situation where an owner puts an insane over-valuation on one of your role players.

In a different world, Kemba, Jrue, Davis, and Cousins would be an interesting core to work with. One that is talented enough that if fit becomes an issue, you can actually move those players for equal value, but on their own puts you into the potential upper echelon of the West.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 01-19-2018 at 12:53 PM.

I would give an unprotected first, and then some for Kemba. Kemba would take this team to the next level. Replace Gentry with a real coach, and a lineup of Kemba/Jrue/AD/Boogie and thats a NBA Finals bound team.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I don't think there's enough here for a trade. Kemba on this team would be glorious, but I can't see it happening unless the Hornets are willing to take less and that Benson is willing to spend beyond the tax.

I'd love to see it, but I can't see a realistic way for it to happen without giving up assets I'd rather keep (Cousins, for example). If Demps can pull it off, bravo, but I think this isn't our trade to make.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I don't think there's enough here for a trade. Kemba on this team would be glorious, but I can't see it happening unless the Hornets are willing to take less and that Benson is willing to spend beyond the tax.
    I think that would have to be the pitch to Loomis/Benson to even have the conversation with Charlotte. Even then, a team like Cleveland, which is going to obviously be in desperation mode to keep LeBron, can likely beat us. They could send out that Brooklyn pick, IT, and maybe Channing Frye’s expiring plus filler. Bring back something like Marvin Williams and Kemba.

The more I think about it, the more I’m pretty convinced he will be a Cav by the deadline. Would be a nice dream though.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 01-19-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I think that would have to be the pitch to Loomis/Benson to even have the conversation with Charlotte. Even then, a team like Cleveland, which is going to obviously be in desperation mode to keep LeBron, can likely beat us. They could send out that Brooklyn pick, IT, and maybe Channing Frye’s expiring plus filler. Bring back something like Marvin Williams and Kemba.

The more I think about it, the more I’m pretty convinced he will be a Cav by the deadline. Would be a nice dream
    Though.
    Yeah, when you put it like that it seems like a no brainier, and possibly a trade that will be made within the coming weeks.

On a side note, he is perhaps the craziest story of the last few years. Went from about to cash in with a big contract from Brooklyn to getting matched by Houston, only to fail his physical, to get sidelined when Cousins came in, to not even playing in the NBA. From 37 million to a couple million in China.
    Yikes. I had no idea that’s how his story played out.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Yeah, when you put it like that it seems like a no brainier, and possibly a trade that will be made within the coming weeks.
    Honestly, our best bet would maybe be the offseason as I continue to think about it.

TBH, I don't think Kemba and a Hornets role-player pushes the Cavs over the edge against the Warriors, and I suspect, short of a hard fought 7 game series Lebron thinks he can win next year, or an actual championship, LeBron is gone.

Then is when you start talking about maybe a scenario where you give up a first for a rebuilding Cavs team that likely has little reason to keep Walker, who would be expiring, knowing he will command a large payday. That would also be the season Ajinca and Asik become expirings. Making them more easy to move.

Somewhere the Pels are going to need to bring in a long-term answer at point guard though.

The more I think about it, the more I’m pretty convinced he will be a Cav by the deadline. Would be a nice dream though.
    Seems reasonable. It would also be kind of funny to see IT traded a second time after complaining about Boston's lack of loyalty.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information