Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Gayle Benson: Hornets colors to be Red, Navy, and Gold next season

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Since this thread is about team/uniform colors, which colors would you suggest? Muddy water green and black? Or how about algae green and moss gray?
    Don't the Bucks have some alts with similar color schemes?

Just to clear something up a bit on the Crusaders name. Tom Benson couldn't even prounounce the last syllable before it would be rejected by the NBA. In our own little Christian bubble that we live in, "crusade" generally connotes bravery, or at least it is assumed to be a positive word. Globally, outside of the Christian world, it's not so positive. And to Muslims, it's outright antagonistic (would YOU want to play for a team nicknamed the Jihadists? Because THAT would probably be the reverse equivalent). The NBA isn't going to even think about considering a team name like Crusaders, when the league has grown so much globally in the last few decades....especially when the Hornets currently have a Muslim on the team.
    Support Louisiana businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadmoor74 View Post
    Just to clear something up a bit on the Crusaders name. Tom Benson couldn't even prounounce the last syllable before it would be rejected by the NBA. In our own little Christian bubble that we live in, "crusade" generally connotes bravery, or at least it is assumed to be a positive word. Globally, outside of the Christian world, it's not so positive. And to Muslims, it's outright antagonistic (would YOU want to play for a team nicknamed the Jihadists? Because THAT would probably be the reverse equivalent). The NBA isn't going to even think about considering a team name like Crusaders, when the league has grown so much globally in the last few decades....especially when the Hornets currently have a Muslim on the team.

I was not aware of this. Who?

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I was not aware of this. Who?
    Al-Farouq Aminu

http://www.examiner.com/article/q-a-...l-farouq-aminu

Gayle Benson: Hornets colors to be Red, Navy, and Gold next season

The Christian crusades aren't positive in everyones eyes

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    The Christian crusades aren't positive in everyones eyes
    I guess you didn't read my whole post....unless you're just agreeing with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Don't the Bucks have some alts with similar color schemes?
    I don't think so. They look to have this Christmas color thing going on.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/lis...lwaukee_Bucks/

Gayle Benson: Hornets colors to be Red, Navy, and Gold next season

I guess you didn't read my whole post....unless you're just agreeing with me.
    Let's just end it on I'm agreeing with you. I was looking to argue with you about the crusades not being a positive thing in the eyes of non-Muslims including me since I'm against the whole catholicism thing. But I realized this board isn't a place for that

Quote Originally Posted by Attila The Hun View Post
    Red, Blue, Gold and Black are so common in the NBA- I really hope they don't end up duplicating other teams' colour schemes..

Red- Atlanta, Cleveland, Chicago, Washington, Philadelphia, Toronto, Portland (alt), Clippers, Miami (alt), Houston

Navy/Blue- Atlanta (alt), Philadelphia (alt), Clippers (alt), Memphis, Golden State, Indiana, Orlando, Charlotte, New York, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Denver

Black- Miami, Chicago (alt), San Antonio, Sacramento (alt), Brooklyn, Portland, Toronto (alt), Minnesota (alt)

Gold/yellow- Lakers, Denver (alt), Indiana (alt), Cleveland (alt)

Gold/yellow & Blue- Indiana, Golden State, Denver

Navy/Blue & Red- Philadelphia, Washington, Atlanta, Detroit, Clippers

Black & Red- Chicago, Miami, Toronto, Portland

Red & Gold- Cleveland
    Thank you. There are many many many many unique color combinations to think about. Combinations not currently used by any team and that represent a Team Name or New Orleans much better.

What makes me sad is the great unoriginality we might become. With New Orleans being pretty unique.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pgg de lis.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	4486

purple. green. gold. classic. unique. easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post

That sure would be zany.

Quote Originally Posted by supermati View Post
    Thank you. There are many many many many unique color combinations to think about. Combinations not currently used by any team and that represent a Team Name or New Orleans much better.

What makes me sad is the great unoriginality we might become. With New Orleans being pretty unique.
    I agree. I don't want a bland run of the mill team name or team colors. I want something catchy and edgy and I want the unis and color schemes unique

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post

Boom! Winner!

This represent idea is completely unimportant.

Like the team that is presented to you or don't. That is the free.market. you don't control the supply. Get over it.

What other teams represent their fans?

I can't wait to hear the historical references that are dug up and made out to be common historical themes when they are really some little isolated nugget that applies to other regions equally (e.g. oil or music).

Quote Originally Posted by supermati View Post

Please, give us some examples of unique colors and combinations of those that are pleasant to the eye, actually even attractive to the eye.

Outside of the color blind, and some who have abnormal or odd style and taste, most people see colors the same way. It's like a woman with a pretty face, color on a brand new car or fashion sense. Some looks are particular and relative, but most can be agreed upon and excepted by the majority as attractive, appealing, pretty, beautiful, cool, stylish, etc.

With all the things that we like to refer to as unique about our city, the best some can do to display uniqueness is to outfit our professional basketball team, an NBA team in purple, green and gold? Mardi Gras colors are crap, festive crap, but crap. Would you actually fill your closet with those colors and wear them individually or combined?

Those colors are classic? The idea seemed good when they came up with it in the 70's, but at the same time you could find an orange and brown pearl button down with the butter fly collar in every man's closet. Every woman wanted to be with Vinnie Barbarino on a Saturday night and Deep Throat was a box office smash.

Leave it go, it doesn't matter how many teams in professional sport use what colors, it's all about how you put them together and the design, but for some colors, it doesn't matter how you do it or what the design is, they're ugly. It takes some one with bad taste to think they're anything else but.

I love the gaudiness of our current Mardi Gras jerseys and would be so damn happy if they became the norm for our team.

i couldnt agree more
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    This represent idea is completely unimportant.

Like the team that is presented to you or don't. That is the free.market. you don't control the supply. Get over it.

What other teams represent their fans?

I can't wait to hear the historical references that are dug up and made out to be common historical themes when they are really some little isolated nugget that applies to other regions equally (e.g. oil or music).
    If Wayne is E.T.-ish tell him phone home

Thread Information