Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Howard to the Lakers.....Maybe tomorrow

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    ahahahahahaha great stuff

You know what after this trade I'll take one of those "In Dell we trust" T-shirts hell make it two!

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    You know what after this trade I'll take one of those "In Dell we trust" T-shirts hell make it two!
    Pigs have flown, hell has frozen over..

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    ....and.... this is why people hate the NBA.

ridiculous.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    You guys should check out the magic forum
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

still, this only buys the lakers two more years of being on top and maybe 1 or 2 more of contention depending on kobe, he is supposedly retiring and nash maybe has a season or 2 left before he's more of a liability than an asset, Pau is past his prime as well. After that they have no real trade assets but pau, and by then we'll be looking like the new okc

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    I still can't believe they got low balled like that. They let all them star player move around them and not land in Orlando, while the Lakers keep Gasol. They should've received Harkless and Bynum, then it would've been fair. Instead they got crappy mid round picks, two vets with bad contracts and two young guys who would be anything but starters(?)

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    still, this only buys the lakers two more years of being on top and maybe 1 or 2 more of contention depending on kobe, he is supposedly retiring and nash maybe has a season or 2 left before he's more of a liability than an asset, Pau is past his prime as well. After that they have no real trade assets but pau, and by then we'll be looking like the new okc
    Until the next *** raping. The Lakers are building a foundation of getting the league's best for pennies on the dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Until the next *** raping. The Lakers are building a foundation of getting the league's best for pennies on the dollars.
    ^^^This. The Lakers haven't "grown" any all-star talent since Magic Johnson. Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Howard, Nash, Shaq...All acquired through FA or trades. For some reason, teams are more than happy to hand the Lakers their stars and keep them going. It's sickening.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce06 View Post
    ^^^This. The Lakers haven't "grown" any all-star talent since Magic Johnson. Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Howard, Nash, Shaq...All acquired through FA or trades. For some reason, teams are more than happy to hand the Lakers their stars and keep them going. It's sickening.
    The Gasol deal doesn't seem so bad now. Marc turned out to be a beast

Um, just to be clear, Kobe grew up in the Lakers organization after a draft trade of Divac and filler. Doesn't help your argument. Also, the Lakers are in perpetual win now mode b/c of the talent they have. If (and I know it's a big of right now) DH12 signs with them long term, they have the cash/money resources, along with the draw of LA-LA land to lure more FA there to play alongside him. Lastly, if you haven't noticed, the sign or trade for a dominant big is the Laker way( Jabbar, Chamberlain, Shaq)

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    You guys should check out the magic forum
    I did and learned about tyrann mathieu getting dismissed from lsu... From a magic forum of all places lol

Worst day ever!

I cant believe this...Lakers world champs once again. Thats some B.S.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    So Dwight's officially in the West now... Yikes.
    @DanielVeuleman

Wow, so for the best center in the NBA, the Magic got: Al Harrington, Moe Harkless, Arron Afflalo, Nikola Vucevic, 3 PROTECTED 1st rounders, and two second round picks... Lakers rape the NBA, yet again.

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onpointlikecp3 View Post
    Wow, so for the best center in the NBA, the Magic got: Al Harrington, Moe Harkless, Arron Afflalo, Nikola Vucevic, 3 PROTECTED 1st rounders, and two second round picks... Lakers rape the NBA, yet again.
    Lakers gave away Bynum to get Howard, it's not like they got him for nothing. Everyone but the Magic got better from this deal.

Lakers weren't gonna send both Gasol and Bynum without Howard signing an extension. For all we know, he could leave LA after the season. Unlikely, but its still a possibility.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'm still interested in how these guys will play together.

Will Kobe change his game to better fit Nash/Dwight? I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Lakers gave away Bynum to get Howard, it's not like they got him for nothing. Everyone but the Magic got better from this deal.
    Yeah, honestly "Bynum and a first" is a more solid haul to give up than many we've seen, even moreso if Bynum extends (I think he will ... a big with injury issues isn't leaving 20 million on the table. He'll take that fifth year unless he can walk somewhere too good to be true.

People are just laughing at how stupid Orlando appears to be here. Dwight had to be threatening "my back's gonna REALLY hurt if (all but the Lakers or Brooklyn) trade for me."

GMs will risk things to win big, but not likely their jobs, which would be on the line if they dealt for Dwight and he sits out then walks for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I'm still interested in how these guys will play together.

Will Kobe change his game to better fit Nash/Dwight? I don't think.
    It won't be easy for Kobe. He needs the ball in his hands. They're still gonna have a hard time winning games in the 4th quarter most nights. Yeah Kobe will go off once in awhile, but not enough. Plus, Howard will be a 4th quarter liability and Gasol has been absent at times. They will be very good in the regular season, but I don't see them winning it all.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Kobe was traded for before he ever played a game for LA.. don't think you can really count that.

You can ad Kareem to that list though. That's where it all started.

Quote Originally Posted by sm504 View Post
    I'm laughing all the way home at you listing 10 guys that have never even played college ball, and saying "a lot" of them arefuture all-stars. Greg Oden, Johnathan Bender, Kwame Brown, and BJ Mullens wanna know where their all-star games went.
    I should have put " these guys can, and some will, become future all stars some day. The first 6 I listed are the ones with the best chance.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    The Magic GM said they feel good about this decision. Makes me appreciate Mr. Demps even more.

Thread Information