Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Cavs at Pelicans in the Blender 10-28-17

I think boogie is like second in the league in scoring

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Jrue started off hot, and we got out to a quick lead. I think Moore had something like 4/5 from three in the first half too. Cabs couldn't make anything work and a big part of it was swarming defense, along with them overplaying defense in the paint allowing Boogie to get 6 first half assists on easy passes to open perimeter Jrue/Moore.

AD really heated up in the second half, Cavs tried to make a comeback through the third but it was good to see Jrue attack some more more and AD had a period of about 90 seconds where he hit a three, got a huge putback dunk (over Cousins, somehow) and then hit another three immediately.

The first few minutes of the fourth were just putting the foot on the Cavs neck, letting Cousins get his triple double, before they gave up. Didn't even play LeBron after the 6 minute mark of the 4th.

Massive credit for Moore, he was on fire. Everyone was passing (we had something like 21 assists on our first 25 FGs) and if you remember the Spurs "beautiful game" era, we actually looked a lot like that. Combine that with intense defense and we looked every bit like an elite team. 88 points for the big three: one assist away from an 88/30/20 night.

I'm talking way too much because I'm hype as hell, but I'm sure you'll forgive me.
    Thanks, theres plenty of reason to be hyped.

Moore has been absolutely killing it this season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    This team looked incredible. I was blown away. We have something special. They are playing like SPURS/GSW. Seriously. Ball movement and defense was super intense. We have 2 superstars and we have guys who HUSTLE like Cunningham and Moore. If we get this Jrue Holiday more often I think we will be a top 5 team in the league. If Rondo comes back and we stay healthy I think we will dominate. Getting Hill back will help too. We are very lucky to have this roster.

Also, Gentry is a good coach. Do y’all think this is all just because we have great players? This offense is very coordinated and the players are playing with confidence. I think Gentry and Finch both deserve credit for this machine we have. Also, Moore is playing like he’s going to have a breakout season. He’s amazing and if he keeps doing this I’m going to be so excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great win...superb performances from jrue and Moore too
    Getting better each game.

The only negative spin is... we should be 5-1... that would get people talking. 3-3 is ok but playing better every time we hit the floor
    '' We are here!!''

Sure it was a good win and it's the best win this season, but I've been a fan of this team for 25 years. I ain't getting excited until they string 5 or 6 games in a row.

Just watched the replay.

1st qtr we had a few turnovers but made shots and ended it really well. 2nd started a bit rough too but then we settled and finished it good. I aasnt actually too upset about the 3rd. Cleveland got stupid hot from 3 pt (AD defense was pretty bad during this stretch on close outs) but i felt the Pels were still fighting on offense and it never felt out of hand and they fought back. Credit must be given to Gentry, the move to keep AD and Cousins in to start the 4th was a really good call. He saw an opportunity and thats what blew the game wide open and kept Lebron on the bench.

Indidvidual performances:

Player of the game to me was Jrue. It was about as close to perfecf as you could ask. He was super effecient scoring, his defense was top notch, and he off the ball movement was beautiful.

Cousins followed up a beast mode performance with another one. Never stopped attacking the basket and didnt settle often for the 3. Was key in points in the paint both in manning up and driving and also dishing to the cutters.

AD had about as bad of a good game as you could have and he put up 30-14. His defense was lacking quite a bit during that 3rd qtr run Cleveland had but he also was key on a big Pels run where he scored something like 12 straight. He took over when we needed him to and put the game away.

Moore was beautiful in spot up and sketchy when dribbling bjt man did he hit some shots. There were some he made that were low passes or not great angles that he just turned ariund and drilled.

Nelson was quiet but didnt force anything because of our lead. Diallo needs more minutes - he flashes really good plays and i think he will end up being a good player but he just needs more in game tike. Cunningham was mainly defending Lebron, had a few hustle rebounds, but overallh really quiet too. Clark and Miller looked off tonight.

Im really interested to see the Orlando game because of how hot they are now. But these Pels are playing really well after the 0-2 start. Weve got a chance to get up above .500 which wouod be really good for ou confidence. One thing is clear, NO ONE should be questioning if AD and Cousins works anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Just watched the replay.

1st qtr we had a few turnovers but made shots and ended it really well. 2nd started a bit rough too but then we settled and finished it good. I aasnt actually too upset about the 3rd. Cleveland got stupid hot from 3 pt (AD defense was pretty bad during this stretch on close outs) but i felt the Pels were still fighting on offense and it never felt out of hand and they fought back. Credit must be given to Gentry, the move to keep AD and Cousins in to start the 4th was a really good call. He saw an opportunity and thats what blew the game wide open and kept Lebron on the bench.

Indidvidual performances:

Player of the game to me was Jrue. It was about as close to perfecf as you could ask. He was super effecient scoring, his defense was top notch, and he off the ball movement was beautiful.

Cousins followed up a beast mode performance with another one. Never stopped attacking the basket and didnt settle often for the 3. Was key in points in the paint both in manning up and driving and also dishing to the cutters.

AD had about as bad of a good game as you could have and he put up 30-14. His defense was lacking quite a bit during that 3rd qtr run Cleveland had but he also was key on a big Pels run where he scored something like 12 straight. He took over when we needed him to and put the game away.

Moore was beautiful in spot up and sketchy when dribbling bjt man did he hit some shots. There were some he made that were low passes or not great angles that he just turned ariund and drilled.

Nelson was quiet but didnt force anything because of our lead. Diallo needs more minutes - he flashes really good plays and i think he will end up being a good player but he just needs more in game tike. Cunningham was mainly defending Lebron, had a few hustle rebounds, but overallh really quiet too. Clark and Miller looked off tonight.

Im really interested to see the Orlando game because of how hot they are now. But these Pels are playing really well after the 0-2 start. Weve got a chance to get up above .500 which wouod be really good for ou confidence. One thing is clear, NO ONE should be questioning if AD and Cousins works anymore.
    Very good summary of the game. I agree about Jrue. What I also liked about Moore was how he was cutting to the basket when Cousins had the ball in the corner and got very nice passes from him. I think it happened three times in this game. Others can use this as an example how to play when Cousins has the ball in his hands. Noone indeed should question Davis and Cousins tandem. Diallo needs more work though than many here think imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    What a game from Cousins, Davis, Holiday and Moore! We are 3-3 baby!!! ☺️
    Did you stay up to watch the game in real time?

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Very good summary of the game. I agree about Jrue. What I also liked about Moore was how he was cutting to the basket when Cousins had the ball in the corner and got very nice passes from him. I think it happened three times in this game. Others can use this as an example how to play when Cousins has the ball in his hands. Noone indeed should question Davis and Cousins tandem. Diallo needs more work though than many here think imo.
    Yes. It was really late when I watched the replay so I forgot to talk about Moore's off ball movement. Basically, he's really good without the ball in his hands on offense. His cuts around the basket were awesome this game. Kumar has some posts on Twitter that really show them.

Also forgot to mention about ball movement. This was a game where we really slung the ball around and had a few beautiful plays out of it. Gentry said in his post game interview they want 85-90% of their baskets to be assisted and if this was an example of that then it's hard to argue with.

Diallo definitely needs work, but he's also so young and even more still raw from limited minutes, that we just have to give it time. I feel like he will eventually develop into a Faried type player that's super high energy but maybe better offensively. Still, he needs size / weight but that will come.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Did you stay up to watch the game in real time?
    Of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Of course!
    Me too until the 4th quarter when my little kid woke up

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes. It was really late when I watched the replay so I forgot to talk about Moore's off ball movement. Basically, he's really good without the ball in his hands on offense. His cuts around the basket were awesome this game. Kumar has some posts on Twitter that really show them.

Also forgot to mention about ball movement. This was a game where we really slung the ball around and had a few beautiful plays out of it. Gentry said in his post game interview they want 85-90% of their baskets to be assisted and if this was an example of that then it's hard to argue with.

Diallo definitely needs work, but he's also so young and even more still raw from limited minutes, that we just have to give it time. I feel like he will eventually develop into a Faried type player that's super high energy but maybe better offensively. Still, he needs size / weight but that will come.
    I liked the ball movement a lot. I guess that's what Gentry keeps saying from his first day here . The two passes from Smith were awesome I am a Diallo fan and I am rooting for him but I doubt he will give us anything this season.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    This team looked incredible. I was blown away. We have something special. They are playing like SPURS/GSW. Seriously. Ball movement and defense was super intense. We have 2 superstars and we have guys who HUSTLE like Cunningham and Moore. If we get this Jrue Holiday more often I think we will be a top 5 team in the league. If Rondo comes back and we stay healthy I think we will dominate. Getting Hill back will help too. We are very lucky to have this roster.

Also, Gentry is a good coach. Do y’all think this is all just because we have great players? This offense is very coordinated and the players are playing with confidence. I think Gentry and Finch both deserve credit for this machine we have. Also, Moore is playing like he’s going to have a breakout season. He’s amazing and if he keeps doing this I’m going to be so excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't go that far, but we seem to be making much better decisions with the ball. I'd like to see that level of movement at some point though as we have plenty of capable passers on the team. I think it's most important that we keep the inside/outside balance at a high level. I don't want to become the team that everyone stacks the paint on. We are making ourselves much more difficult to play against than before.

Thread Information