Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Cavs vs Pels gameday thread(1-28-14)

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    Cheerleader?
    U keep wasting your time finding threads at the bottom of pages and looking to prove your point only to be wrong. Keep it up bud. Funny how u still never responded about that one. Nice trolling tho.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 01-28-2014 at 08:47 PM.

I know people don't like that I call AD a once in a generation player, but I won't stop. I do believe he will be at the top of the mountain with the all time greats when it is all said and done.

People might view this as a lost season because there will be no playoffs and no draft pick, but I completely disagree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @mcnamara247

The Withey vs Steamer thing shouldn't be a no brainer really. Withey had been really good, active and hedging well in Montys over-hedge and make everyone run around trying to find an opponent system.

Steamer played fairly well, but shouldn't have been in the game to start with. He has shown absolutely no promise this season and I'm certain next game will prove this as a one off.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I know people don't like that I call AD a once in a generation player, but I won't stop. I do believe he will be at the top of the mountain with the all time greats when it is all said and done.

People might view this as a lost season because there will be no playoffs and no draft pick, but I completely disagree

What's wrong with calling him that? It's exactly what he is. IMO. I think he has the potential to be the greatest big man ever. At least top 3. Also, this season can never be lost cause we have Davis developing every game into the super star he is.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 01-28-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    U keep wasting your time finding threads at the bottom of pages and looking to prove your point only to be wrong. Keep it up bud. Funny how u still never responded about that one. Nice trolling tho.
    Self explanatory. I proved my point. Whatever you want to believe. I got better things to do then argue so I think it is better to drop it and move on to Minny game to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    Self explanatory. I proved my point. Whatever you want to believe. I got better things to do then argue so I think it is better to drop it and move on to Minny game to discuss.
    ok...troll on.

I completely agree with you. The season is far from lost.

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    The Withey vs Steamer thing shouldn't be a no brainer really. Withey had been really good, active and hedging well in Montys over-hedge and make everyone run around trying to find an opponent system.

Steamer played fairly well, but shouldn't have been in the game to start with. He has shown absolutely no promise this season and I'm certain next game will prove this as a one off.
    Right. 20-20 hindsight is nice to have. I'm sure they knew steamer would have this kind of game when he got the nod over Withey....wanting to know why goes back to the decision to play steisthma over Withey to begin with. Not why he kept steamer going the whole game. No big deal to me but I'd just like to know why after Withey looked so good

Tomorrow is a back to back. I think he wanted to keep Withey from playing both. Tonight was a better matchup for Greg.

Tomorrow is a back to back. I think he wanted to keep Withey from playing both. Tonight was a better matchup for Greg.

Makes sense.

We were so caught up in Davis triple double. Gordon needed 1 more assist and 3 boards to get his. He finished with 20 9 7 with 0 tovs

Dam deng just took it to our lock down defender aminu.
    he did hold deng to 6 points and 2 rebs, just saying

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Irving and Waiters held Deng to 6 points. That's my view of it. lol When Deng played against us in Chicago he had like 37 points. Granted that was a 2OT game.

We were so caught up in Davis triple double. Gordon needed 1 more assist and 3 boards to get his. He finished with 20 9 7 with 0 tovs
    I think it's because Gordon pulls a disappearing act every 2nd half. I've never seen a player be so dominate one half and completely disappear the 2nd so often. I wonder if Gordon's conditioning still isn't up to the NBA level yet.

Makes me really wonder how Rose and Westbrook will handle coming back.

That post was on like the 1st or 2nd page bro. Lol. I gave aminu his props for his decent game already. It was a joke cause of how he scored.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    His contract expires every year.
    wait what? we can make his contract expire every year and get rid of him if we want??

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think it's because Gordon pulls a disappearing act every 2nd half. I've never seen a player be so dominate one half and completely disappear the 2nd so often. I wonder if Gordon's conditioning still isn't up to the NBA level yet.

Makes me really wonder how Rose and Westbrook will handle coming back.
    Exactly what I been saying. He was away for 2 full years. That's a dam long time to be away from the game. I've said it from before the season. We might not see the real Gordon until next year so we might be wise to reserve judgment til next year. When he has a year to play and a full off season. He still frustrates the crap out of me at times tho lol.

wait what? we can make his contract expire every year and get rid of him if we want??
    Read through the thread. No he mispoke and meant it declines each year.

Exactly what I been saying. He was away for 2 full years. That's a dam long time to be away from the game. I've said it from before the season. We might not see the real Gordon until next year so we might be wise to reserve judgment til next year. When he has a year to play and a full off season. He still frustrates the crap out of me at times tho lol.
    He wasn't away for 2 years. He played half a season last year. 42 very very bad games, I might add. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Cavs should trade waiters ..he is a good player but they aren't going to go anywhere with him and Irving . Irving is the star , waiters doesn't want to play 2nd fiddle to him
    sounds just like gordon, athletic fat combo guard who needs the ball and has bad body language lol

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    He wasn't away for 2 years. He played half a season last year. 42 very very bad games, I might add. lol
    Yea idk what I was thinking. He was gone after 6 games his 1st year right? Then he came back for 42 games the next year? Which was last year. Right? Lol

Cavs vs Pels gameday thread(1-28-14)

Yea idk what I was thinking. He was gone after 6 games his 1st year right? Then he came back for 42 games the next year? Which was last year. Right? Lol
    Yea. 9 games in year 1. Missed first half of year 2. Played 42 to close out the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Yea. 9 games in year 1. Missed first half of year 2. Played 42 to close out the year.
    Yea that's right so he's actually a year back now . Yikes!!!!!

in other news if u take out austin river's 2 half court heaves at the end of the buzzer vs the magic he is shooting 41% from 3 on the season

Johnny o Bryant III Is taking Julius randle to school

Thread Information