Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lou Williams not playing Monday vs Pels

Rumor Lou Williams not playing Monday vs Pels

Just got a tip that he has been playing through a injury (ankle) and since the Clippers have been eliminated from the playoffs they will rest him and not risk his health further.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Just got a tip that he has been playing through a injury (ankle) and since the Clippers have been eliminated from the playoffs they will rest him and not risk his health further.
    Tip?? Lolol! It's on LAC media tweet feeds.

The last thing I'll ever do with the Pelicans team and coaching staff is trust them to win games they should.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The last thing I'll ever do with the Pelicans team and coaching staff is trust them to win games they should.
    Like tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Like tonight?
    They were underdogs tonight. Your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Tip?? Lolol! It's on LAC media tweet feeds.
    Umm ok sorry was driving and someone called and let me know so I shared. If you seen this on Twitter than I guess it's true. Did you see that before I posted or go look after? Anyway everyone does not have Twitter so it might be helpful for others.

They were underdogs tonight. Your point?
    Like PHX and Memphis?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Like PHX and Memphis?
    Like Washington, Utah, OKC, Sacramento all at home, and the Hawks on the road. Shall I keep going?

Umm ok sorry was driving and someone called and let me know so I shared. If you seen this on Twitter than I guess it's true. Did you see that before I posted or go look after? Anyway everyone does not have Twitter so it might be helpful for others.
    Well before. It was an "after the game" interview with Doc Rivers. Rivers also said he was going to talk DJ into playing, but didn't know if he was going to play either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Well before. It was an "after the game" interview with Doc Rivers. Rivers also said he was going to talk DJ into playing, but didn't know if he was going to play either.
    Ok gotcha. I didn't know about DJ either.

My buddy lives in LA and is a season ticket holder. He called me after the Pels game and told me we might have a little easier time against the Clippers and told me about Lou. That's why I posted "Rumor" I didn't dig to deep on it or anything just figured I'd share the information.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Plan is to play 48 minutes of pelicans basketball. Jrue, Rondo, Niko and AD all make plays and high assists from Rondo and solid defense from all starting 5. Double teams are very effective and Niko using his body and quick hands to irritate opponents on defense really helps. I’m starting to really believe this team can win out. We will beat CLIPPERS and SPURS. We might even get 4th seed if Jazz loses one game which I think will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing we have been good at this season is winning the games we should, cant remember the last time we dropped to a sub 500 team since boogies injury.

Wizards davis was out, okc and utah are both very good teams, what of it

So if we win out, where will we likely finish? 5th?

My buddy lives in LA and is a season ticket holder. He called me after the Pels game and told me we might have a little easier time against the Clippers and told me about Lou. That's why I posted "Rumor" I didn't dig to deep on it or anything just figured I'd share the information.
    appreciate the post, hadn't seen anything myself as had been out and about. don't stress tinman.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    So if we win out, where will we likely finish? 5th?
    Yes, unless Utah loses 2 of next 3 (@LAL, GSW, @POR) which is possible, then 4th

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    Yes, unless Utah loses 2 of next 3 (@LAL, GSW, @POR) which is possible, then 4th
    This would be great for our team and city... homecourt in the playoffs! Although the 4-5 winner has to play Houston in round 2 and I like our matchup against GSW much better, especially if Curry is not 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie713 View Post
    This would be great for our team and city... homecourt in the playoffs! Although the 4-5 winner has to play Houston in round 2 and I like our matchup against GSW much better, especially if Curry is not 100%.
    He should be returning in RD 2. If there was a best chance for GSW to be eliminated. It's probably in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    appreciate the post, hadn't seen anything myself as had been out and about. don't stress tinman.
    Stress ? All I did was LOL. The word TIP struck my funny bone, that's all. No stress, I appreciate 23 sending along info. Lordy. , In texting, you mustn't take at personal value since typed words can't be accentuated in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    Let's get Utah to 3rd & then we can play Portland. I don't want to see Utah. I'd rather play Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie713 View Post
    If Golden State has to play OKC in round 1, how does Quin Cook guard Russ or PG . He can't guard Brewer either, considering Brewer is a Duracel battery & 6'6". Russ & Brewer are going to dog Cook all night on defense. GSW is not the same w/out Steph .

Like Washington, Utah, OKC, Sacramento all at home, and the Hawks on the road. Shall I keep going?
    1 of those teams is the No. 1 seed in the east, 2 others are playoff teams.

If those were "should wins" then you should probably recalibrate expectations. All good teams lose games they "shouldn't". San Antonio literally just lost to the Lakers last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    1 of those teams is the No. 1 seed in the east, 2 others are playoff teams.

If those were "should wins" then you should probably recalibrate expectations. All good teams lose games they "shouldn't". San Antonio literally just lost to the Lakers last week.
    Am I missing something?

Which of Washington, Utah, OKC, Sacramento, and Atlanta is the 'No.1 seed in the east'? I thought that was Toronto.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Am I missing something?

Which of Washington, Utah, OKC, Sacramento, and Atlanta is the 'No.1 seed in the east'? I thought that was Toronto.
    That was my bad. I checked the list last night after our win and saw Toronto and thought Wizards.

The point still stands, 3 playoff teams. None of those were gimme games especially as we've dealt with injures through some of them.

Any team can win on any night. Literally April 4th the Spurs lost to the Lakers by 10. The Mavericks beat Portland on April 3rd. The Spurs lost to the Clippers on the 3rd as well. Right after the Spurs beat the Rockets on the 1st. This was all just in the last week of basketball.

Look back through March and you see a ton of the same. Heck the Rockets almost lost to the Suns 10 days ago. The Grizzlies beat Portland and The Wolves at the end of March. The list goes on and on.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 04-08-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing with the point, I just thought I must have fallen very out of the loop for a moment.

Thread Information