Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans (5-3) Vs. Trail Blazers (7-3) 9pm CT Broadcast: FSNO

Man stop using we tyreke, change it up to YOU AND JRUE, the team played well really well, and you and jrue ruined the win..
    Gordon for once is spot on..

I just finished watching the game.

The things that stood out to me was the defense on Rolo in the fourth.
    That rebound he got off a second chance effort and then pass to Mathews for the 3 was the killer.
    Holiday looking for Davis on the pick and pop and having too force up two ugly shots when the defender
    sticks to Davis really killed things too.
    However Evan's 3 point shot with 19 seconds left on the clock was just plain stupid and that was game over.

Apart from that I wouldn't have said that Jrue or Evans played hero ball.
    Portland played clever offence and executed better defense in the fourth then they did the whole game.
    They took a risk and crowded Davis and let Jrue or Evans win it.
    If Jrue's shot was falling in the fourth like it was in the beginning then the game would have been over.

Let's not forget Portland were missing Batum.
    If Asik plays we wins this game easily.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 11-18-2014 at 05:03 AM.

Damnit, Holiday and Evans lost us that game with their low IQ in the 4th, chucking up shot after shot and looking to be the hero of the game.
    Feed your best player, {edited-veiled cursing}

Tonight is where we need to show if we're a big boy team now. Come out and win and let AD drop 40 on DMC.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Does anyone just not even care any more? Like win or lose, **** it.
    Wow! Not even 10 games in and you are giving up? Sad

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Wow! Not even 10 games in and you are giving up? Sad

No, I am giving up on my old ways. My day to day used to be set on the rise and fall of my favorite sports teams. With the Saints, Pels, and Michigan I am now more at content with just saying, "Well, that sucks." (after a loss), or "Alright!" (after a win). I am no longer in live or die by the outcome of a game, and its healthier this way.

Don't get me wrong, I still have opinions on my favorite teams, but I am not going off to some Crusade for them. They aren't paying me to do that, so why should I?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

No, I am giving up on my old ways. My day to day used to be set on the rise and fall of my favorite sports teams. With the Saints, Pels, and Michigan I am now more at content with just saying, "Well, that sucks." (after a loss), or "Alright!" (after a win). I am no longer in live or die by the outcome of a game, and its healthier this way.

Don't get me wrong, I still have opinions on my favorite teams, but I am not going off to some Crusade for them. They aren't paying me to do that, so why should I?
    I've definitely adopted that mode of thought with the Saints this year.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

A more experienced team wins this game. Could end up being one of those loses that is more influential to the teams development moving forward than a win would have been. The game kind of went the way these games against Portland usually go. They didn't do enough in the 3rd quarter to extend the lead, the Blazers had life entering the fourth and it went as expected. They started putting up 3s, Lillard started doing Lillard things, the building came alive, and the young Pelicans couldn't handle it. Games against the Blazers the past few years always seem to be 50/50. While better play in the fourth would be nice, how the game transpired wasn't shocking.

Will be interesting to see how they respond tonight. Especially the guard play down the stretch.

I think it's only a matter of time before false allegations about AD being unhappy come out.

Welcome to adulthood....

I understand what your implying, but for the Pels its pretty early to develop that mindset IMO. Now for the Saints/LSU suuure .
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    Welcome to adulthood....
    Sounds pretty depressing Lol.

I don't think it to early to develop that mindset. It's not a negative thing (if anything it is positive). Why be consumed in sports when there are so many other positive and uplifting things to be consumed in?

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    I've definitely adopted that mode of thought with the Saints this year.
    Wow, not me... Saints lose and it's the worst week of my life... That why I stole a football from a bengals fan lady and would not give it back... No ma'am.

I don't think it to early to develop that mindset. It's not a negative thing (if anything it is positive). Why be consumed in sports when there are so many other positive and uplifting things to be consumed in?
    Hmmmm if you tell me those things, maybe you will save me from future stress? Sports is my life bro! I LOVE SPORTS! ARRGH!

I love sports too, but I also love surfing and helping out with the Boy Scouts. 2 of those 3 I can actually improve and change. I like feeling like I am part of something, and changing it for the better, and Loomis and Dell haven't returned my calls.

I haven't been watching the games much, but I just watched Davis' highlights against the Blazers(and along with his other big games). He's starting to show me the type of game I thought people where giving him credit for the last two years. It's still somewhat awkward but he's putting in on the floor and beating people, but maybe more importantly he's hitting his jumper more consistently. This combine with the other things he was already bringing to the table as a PNR/PNP option and running the court is looking really good so far. I can't be any happier to appear to be wrong about Davis as a superstar in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I haven't been watching the games much, but I just watched Davis' highlights against the Blazers(and along with his other big games). He's starting to show me the type of game I thought people where giving him credit for the last two years. It's still somewhat awkward but he's putting in on the floor and beating people, but maybe more importantly he's hitting his jumper more consistently. This combine with the other things he was already bringing to the table as a PNR/PNP option and running the court is looking really good so far. I can't be any happier to appear to be wrong about Davis as a superstar in this league.
    Good job DT.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Good job DT.
    Ditto. Props man.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Bump...since posters still giving DT a hard time. Crow post above.

It's gonna take a hell of a lot more than that "eating crow" to stop my hard times.

One nice post after years of straight dogging a player is nice but let's step this game up. Gotta make a brand new thread with "I Was Completely And Utterly Wrong" to even move my needle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's gonna take a hell of a lot more than that "eating crow" to stop my hard times.

One nice post after years of straight dogging a player is nice but let's step this game up. Gotta make a brand new thread with "I Was Completely And Utterly Wrong" to even move my needle.
    This is pure comedy. Thanks for the laugh.

Your hard times that part was gold!

I can't be any happier to appear to be wrong about Davis as a superstar in this league.
    Kudos to you Da ThRONe.

Game Thread: Pelicans (5-3) Vs. Trail Blazers (7-3) 9pm CT Broadcast: FSNO

This is pure comedy. Thanks for the laugh.

Your hard times that part was gold!
    I figured you wouldn't be man enough to make a new thread admitting you were wrong. Your opinion is the biggest joke of all now. Drummond over AD. LOL
    Last edited by Mythrol; 11-23-2014 at 09:28 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He was wrong, yeah. Still don't get why people gotta be a crappy about it.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 11-23-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Thread Information