Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Davis is on the active roster for tonight's Team USA game

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    i doubt AD gets more than 5 min tonight
    I hope for triple that, cuz we should be blowing them out with ease. I wanna see him show out a lil'.

DR got the worst PG in the world

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I think you just enjoy playing contrarian at this point.

You don't think practicing against and playing with - even in limited minutes - the greatest players in the game today isnt more beneficial then playing a couple summer league games(most likely isn't going to play all of them and full minutes) with the likes of Daryl Watkins, Mac Koshwal, Matthew amaning and Brian Roberts?

Come on
    Didn't even know I was in the minority on this one.

I get that he'll get to watch those guys. However at this point in his career I think hands on experience would do him better than just being a spectator.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Didn't even know I was in the minority on this one.

I get that he'll get to watch those guys. However at this point in his career I think hands on experience would do him better than just being a spectator.
    summer league is meaningless...you should know that

its a matter of scale...pick up gym game vs world class. just to be in the presence of that mass of BB greatness and coach K....no comparison.
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    35 point game, no reason for him not to get in at this point.

An injury and getting this team on the same page will prob be why he wont play.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

He looks sooo out of there compared to the Superstars, lol he is all sitting on the bench, quiet as hell
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    I warming up on Iguadola, if we have the cap space! What can't he do? If he's here use him as a spot up shooter, or let him control the ball if Rivers or Gordon is out!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

I would love to have Iguadola...he looks awesome. Super hustle as well.

he probably won't get any burn until about 5 or 4 minutes into the 4th

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    summer league is meaningless...you should know that
    Meaningless?

It's guys first introduction to consistent NBA level talent. It means something.

I don't anticipate Davis getting much on court time in the Olympics. I think by him being so young he'll benefit more from actually on court time with guys that good enough to play in the NBA than playing international ball against guys that will never play in the league.

Meaningless?

It's guys first introduction to consistent NBA level talent. It means something.

I don't anticipate Davis getting much on court time in the Olympics. I think by him being so young he'll benefit more from actually on court time with guys that good enough to play in the NBA than playing international ball against guys that will never play in the league.
    Its the practices that will matter and watching their work ethic. This is the best thing that could ever happen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    I warming up on Iguadola, if we have the cap space! What can't he do? If he's here use him as a spot up shooter, or let him control the ball if Rivers or Gordon is out!
    Theres nothing he cant do, top 15 players in the league, maybe top 10, he can drive score shoot rebound and great passer,extreme hustle, not to mention ferocious defense and dunking, he's a poor man's lebron, actually... a middle class man's lebron

It's guys first introduction to consistent NBA level talent.
    I'd hardly call summer league "consistent NBA level talent" maybe D-League level talent or just barely above that
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Meaningless?

consistent NBA level talent??? look at the hornets summer league roster...and that is probably one of the better rosters

nikolas tskitisvilli(or however you spell his name) won summer league MVP one yr...adam morrison played great in it...it means nothing...and is so unorganized..it is more like a streetball game than a professional basketball game

Quote Originally Posted by PP3istheMVP View Post
    I'd hardly call summer league "consistent NBA level talent" maybe D-League level talent or just barely above that
    it made me laugh...but i guess we all have different opinions on what consistent NBA level talent consists of

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Guess who coming in?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Its the practices that will matter and watching their work ethic. This is the best thing that could ever happen to him.
    exactly, having chandler defend against him in practice and scrimmages would be more beneficial than any summer league action...plus seeing hot hard these other stars work on and off the court and how intense they get

Oh, it's on.

unibrow in!!!!!!!

about time

He's clearly gained some muscle.

Thread Information