Pelicans Report

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1392

Thread: 2012 Basketball Summer Olympics Thread

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    James Harden must have taken that pic.
    actually, the photographer accomplished what his barber couldn't....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I guess this was supposed to be funny?
    I guess that was sarcastic?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

man, what cool games i saw on these olympic games. it wasnt a good olympic for us in germany but we had our great wins too ( beach volleyball first europien gold medal , also our field hockey team ).

as a big basketball and Hornets Fan i watched the hole dream team road to the gold medal. i wasnt suprised that it was a easy way to the medal. but the biggest news i get on those games was the thing that david stern like to sent in the future only young players, not the stars. for me its a big misstake, i tell ya, these olympic days are the best publicity for the nba in the world. its only all 4 years and for so many people outside the usa a opportunity to watch these great sport and the best players in the world. my Basketball interesst starts also in 92 barcelonas games. i hope that stern dont make that come true.

and it was a great thing to see all the NBA stars on my Flat Screen TV in Full HD. not on a internet stream.

so congrats US Dream Team
    you guys were my highlight on these olympic games 2012.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24519598.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	245.3 KB 
ID:	4209
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WestbrooknKobesittinginatree.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	4208  

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I guess that was sarcastic?
    No actually my very first post was.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 08-12-2012 at 04:24 PM.

No actually my very first post was, but you didn't pick up on it.
    K

K
    You are out of control, really need to calm down.

YOU need to calm it down mister !

YOU need to calm it down mister !
    Unbelievable

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The hell is with you two? Am I going to have to press Post Quick Reply and close this window before I completely finish typing the next sentence? I'll do it if I have to, so don't make me pr

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The hell is with you two? Am I going to have to press Post Quick Reply and close this window before I completely finish typing the next sentence? I'll do it if I have to, so don't make me pr
    now that is unbelieva

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    now that is unbelieva
    You both are only making things wor

You both are only making things wor
    LOL

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Crazy statistic.

Chris Paul and Anthony Davis both had as many defensive rebounds as Tyson Chandler (16) in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Crazy statistic.

Chris Paul and Anthony Davis both had as many defensive rebounds as Tyson Chandler (16) in the tournament.
    Chandler only played 9 minutes today and wasn't in foul trouble. I didn't understand that at all.

I'm glad they won it all, but I didn't understand a lot of things team USA did.

I think it had to do with coach K saying he believes in speed over size honestly. Spain is the one team that doesn't really work against because they dont give the ball away like the rest of the world.

Chandler only played 9 minutes today and wasn't in foul trouble. I didn't understand that at all.
    He was playing very poorly. He wasn't rebounding well and the Gasol brothers feasted on him. Since he doesn't give anything on the offensive end, he was just a liability.

He faired better against the Gasol's than guys like Melo did.

He faired better against the Gasol's than guys like Melo did.
    Love was doing just as well (bad) against them while rebounding and scoring more.

Love also doesn't alter shots, play weak side (which the US greatly lacked), etc nearly as well as Chandler. The US had enough scoring.

Love also doesn't alter shots, play weak side (which the US greatly lacked), etc nearly as well as Chandler. The US had enough scoring.
    Yeah, I think love gets a little too much credit IMO. He puts up stats that get you recognized like points and rebounds, but lacks a presence down low. Don't think he should be ini aging as high as he did in the MVP race. Gasol is still better.

Long before they were Olympians

Anthony Davis

Telep: Think about this timeline. In May 2010, Anthony Davis was not on a single national top 100 list, and if anyone says they had him on one, it's time for a polygraph. My first viewing of him was that month. Never in my life had I seen a guy play for the first time as a junior and thought he was the nation's best prospect. Walking out of the gym that day, I turned to a friend and said, "I think I just saw the best prospect in the nation." He told me not to get too excited. He was wrong. In three months, Davis leaped from obscurity in Chicago to offers from Kentucky, Syracuse and Ohio State. None of the head coaches who offered him saw him until going into July before his senior season.
    In an era of highlight tapes and cameraphones, it's silly to think the best play Davis made in high school was never captured on video. Each year at the McDonald's All-American Game, there's a closed-door scrimmage for family, committee members and NBA brass. While I can't re-enact the exact play, my best recollection is that he got an offensive rebound, went behind his back to avoid dribbling out of bounds and dunked in traffic with his left hand. It was a jaw-dropper. I had never seen a kid Davis' size finish a play like that. It might be the best play no one will ever see. Hopefully, one day a Zapruder-type film will pop up.

Stovall: Prior to his senior year, Davis was playing in the Boo Williams Invitational. At that time, no one outside of Chicago really knew who he was. A member of his Mean Streets travel team came to me and said "I'm not sure, but I think we may have found something special." I rushed over to the court and 30 seconds after I arrived, he got injured. One month later, he played at the Spiece Run N' Slam in Fort Wayne and blew up. The rest is history.

Paul Biancardi: The first time I watched him play was in June of the summer before his senior year at Pangos All-American Camp in Long Beach, Calif. He was so thin, yet skilled, that he immediately stood out among the group. At times he was just trying to survive through the physicality of the games, but clearly after that weekend, we all knew he would ascend to the top of the class.
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...usa-basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate View Post
    Kobe looks stupid high.

I think it had to do with coach K saying he believes in speed over size honestly. Spain is the one team that doesn't really work against because they dont give the ball away like the rest of the world.
    Yeah, I think K's general philosophy was that the US's defense wouldn't be anything special with Love in at center and no rim protection ... but that we're athletic enough to get more stops and force more turnovers than you will over 40 minutes, and offensively there is no stopping our lineup.

I mean, when you can bring LeBron out as point-power forward and have his surrounding front line teammates be K-Love and Durant ... where's the answer? Your shotblocker is defending a dynamite 3-baller or he's stuck checking LeBron like Gasol was today.

We have no shotblocking with TC on the bench, but neither do you and there rolls Bron to the bucket.

Thread Information