Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon interview w/ HoopsHype

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar

Eric Gordon interview w/ HoopsHype

Link

Some interesting stuff in there such as:

Looking back, would you change any of the things you said after signing that offer with the Phoenix Suns?

EG: Well, they came on to the table to give me this big contract, and that was a big motivation for the Hornets to step up and match. They did it and now they made me a big key of what they're doing, so that's what I looked forward to.
    Take it for what it is.
    @DanielVeuleman

Rewriting history, like a boss

He's renting because out there, you have to rent.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    He's renting because out there, you have to rent.

That comment through me off too. When you make MILLIONS you don't have to rent anywhere. Nothing is out of your price range. I think he doesn't like being in the South.

I just hope the dude stays healthy, and stop doing interviews...

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Lots of professional athletes rent.

People like to drive on Austin Rivers for being cocky but EG kinda came across as such...

You have to be cocky in basketball. Two guys can have the same talent but the guy with confidence in his game and shot will kill the other guy. Anyone who's played even streetball knows that. Sometime it spills over to public life.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    You have to be cocky in basketball. Two guys can have the same talent but the guy with confidence in his game and shot will kill the other guy. Anyone who's played even streetball knows that. Sometime it spills over to public life.
    Very True!

Eh, I have a feeling he'll get traded this year. Who would you possibly trade him for is the question?

I don't see anything bad he said in the interview. Jordan Hill was renting in Houston and so were a couple of other players from other NFL and NBA teams . I think he'll be ok and ball out this year.

I'm not saying anything is bad with renting. I'm wondering what exactly he meant by "out there, you have to rent." Not a very clear sentence.

He's talking about the housing market. How many times have you read in the last year that these players aren't getting back what they paid for these extravagant houses. I know Ive read it a bunch of Times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezXplErP8LU

Sometimes I think about how terribly he handled that free agent process, and then I watch this.^

Let the court do the talking, youngfella

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I've watched that video more than a few times.

8 seconds and 16 seconds will be money with Davis this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I've watched that video more than a few times.

8 seconds and 16 seconds and 25 seconds will be money with Davis this year.
    Fixed

Devin Brown lived in a hotel

Love the cockiness... Is it me or does his face look skinnier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Love the cockiness... Is it me or does his face look skinnier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He mentioned that he played a lot heavier than he usually does last year because his injury didn't allow him to get into shape. Pudgy Eric Gordon completely took over games last season... I can't wait to see what in-shape Eric Gordon does.

Yup. The only thing to worry about is misplaced cockiness/confidence/swagger. That is what causes guys to take shots that make you scream "Nooooo!!!".

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    In the offseason, it's a business. So it seems he was doing what was best for himself, but now that he is with the Hornets, he will play his best to win for the team that kept him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Yup. The only thing to worry about is misplaced cockiness/confidence/swagger. That is what causes guys to take shots that make you scream "Nooooo!!!".

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    Somewhere Nick Young just said, "Don't worry, I got this" and chucked a 30 footer.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Some make it as being "cocky" is wrong. Hell look where it led Kobe, so that with EG and Austin will be great for our team moving forward. That "I can;t be stopped and I'm the best," attitude will make our two future all-star guard un guardable.

He's talking about the housing market. How many times have you read in the last year that these players aren't getting back what they paid for these extravagant houses. I know Ive read it a bunch of Times.
    Seems like that would be true anywhere, not just "out there". Correct?

Perhaps he's talking about because of hurricane season, or maybe louisiana taxes. But it's Eric so who the hell really knows.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezXplErP8LU

Sometimes I think about how terribly he handled that free agent process, and then I watch this.^

Let the court do the talking, youngfella
    Interesting it looks like those highlights came via the Hornets new home, FSSW, aka FSNO.

Thread Information