Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who is the one that player that surprises?

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

Who is the one that player that surprises?

Davis and Rivers are getting alot of the ink,but it always seems a player emerges from the roster that become the surprise guy...the one that gives more and nobody was paying attention at first.

Who is the guy that you feel is blessed with alot of potential or the player that will give more than is asked?

Mason? Aminu?....name him.
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

I think we will be surprised on how good Anderson is.

Hopefully a healthy Robin Lopez can get back to his 2009-2010 form which would be a nice surprise.

Darius Miller could stand out at SF.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I am hoping Lopez or Miller. Miller i think has a lot of potential but could go either way. Lopez i wasn't too impressed with during his stay in phoenix. Thought he looked Spastic and lost at times out there. Hopefully he'll thrive in a more defensive scheme.
    Also hoping Solomon Alabi makes an impression just because he is HUGE!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I honestly think fans are going to be surprised at the playing time/production of Warrick.

Hakim Warrick. Very long, good offensively, and a veteran. We will need some older vet leadership this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Under Monty I think it will be Lopez. Right now other teams are scoffing at us starting him, but I really think he'll improve to at least his 09-10 performance.

For Hornets fans that are less knowledgeable I think it will be Anderson. It will be like revisiting the Peja days in the Hive.
    Wherehappens.

Henry, heard hes one of the last guys to leave every night

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I honestly think we go about 6-8 deep with players who could be "this guy"....I'm going out on a limb and suggesting either Mason and/or Warrick...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I think we're gonna be disappointed at how many minutes Warrick will get, especially at SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I think we're gonna be disappointed at how many minutes Warrick will get, especially at SF.
    I think Warrick gets traded before the deadline (just my opinion could be wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    I think Warrick gets traded before the deadline (just my opinion could be wrong)
    I would be surprised. The team can let him go after ther season. I'm not sure how much he could bring in a trade.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I would be surprised. The team can let him go after ther season. I'm not sure how much he could bring in a trade.
    It really doesn't matter, I love the offensive/leadership he brings to the team, but we don't need him. Even if we could get only a future 2nd I really wouldn't care. Or maybe we package him into a bigger deal if a player on the roster doesn't pan out.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I think Mason will get more PT and play better than people expect.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I think Mason will get more PT and play better than people expect.
    I agree with that.

Blog Entries
    I'll go with Mason Jr. as well.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Agreed.

Roger Mason Jr. = New Willie Green

My surprise players are Aminu and Lopez. I think Aminu's summer experience will be a huge pay off. Lopez has been in the shadow of his brother's success and finally get the minutes to prove himself. I always believe Robin was just as talented as Brook. I love the makeup off this team. Glad I never jumped ship since the Charlotte Hornets days.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I got Darius Miller. I think he earns minutes with his active play, knocking down 3 pointers and defending multiple positions. I could see him stealing the starting job.
    @DanielVeuleman

Let's go with Vasquez. I think Greivis can become a solid starting point guard, which I feel like most people think is above his ceiling. His energy and love for the game is apparent, and I think that can hopefully translate into a big improvement this year.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Let's go with Vasquez. I think Greivis can become a solid starting point guard, which I feel like most people think is above his ceiling. His energy and love for the game is apparent, and I think that can hopefully translate into a big improvement this year.
    I don't think Vasquez surprises at all because most of us expect him to be decent. He has physical/athletic limitations that probably can't be overcome enough to surprise us. Monty was already talking about him needing to get better on sticking with his man in Pick and Roll defense on the first day of practice.

I'm hoping the answer is "no one"

Guys tend to overachieve due to opportunities they get that they otherwise would not (because of injury)

Think about it. Collison surprised because CP3 got hurt. Jason Smith's numbers were up last year because our entire front court got injured. Bellineli produced because we had no EG. And on and on and on.

Davis, Gordon, Anderson, Vasquez, Lopez, and Smith should perform at or above that of an average NBA player. If anybody else on this team exceeds that threshhold, it will be because they got way more minutes than we are currently anticipating, and that only happens because one of the aforementioned six gets injured
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    I don't think Vasquez surprises at all because most of us expect him to be decent. He has physical/athletic limitations that probably can't be overcome enough to surprise us. Monty was already talking about him needing to get better on sticking with his man in Pick and Roll defense on the first day of practice.
    The reason I say is that is because, from what I have seen, most people think Vasquez's ceiling is spot starter. And I think he can surprise us by being a solid bordering on good starting point guard. To a lot of people here, that would be a surprise.

I think he can surprise us by being a solid bordering on good starting point guard.
    If he has improved his perimeter shooting then I think Vasquez could be a great fit at PG. Davis will cover him on defense and Gordon and Anderson will open him up on offense.

I think Henry will be a solid 2 off the bench. He is only 21 so he is still very young. I could potentially see him getting some minutes at the sf if Aminu doesn't figure things out. I really like X's work-ethic

Vasquez and Smith I believe will continue to take steps to become good players.

Thread Information