Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Gordon is OUT indefinitely

Apparently when doing his physical, the doctor's said his knee was fine. after a full body MRI today, they said they didn't notice because they were focused on his knee, but he has a lack of heart...

One of the funny comments i read on ESPN.com

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Ouch
    Wherehappens.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I believe snow law, and its sickening. But there are signs that Ive seen that dont really match up.

But is snowlaw is right, then the dudes a loser.

Out indefinately" is simply not knowing the date. chill

Having just had knee surgery this past summer (acl), something struck me:

what if the dude is in pain when he plays. look, I can shoot and coach and even play a little basketball right now, but playing at max contract level in the NBA isn't playing; and when I compete I'm not either. It's real and playing through pain while healing may risk our and Gordon's future basketball wise.

Is he soft? Possibly. Injury prone? yes. Does he want to be here? probably not....or simply no. But four years is four years.
    If I was really hurt and was protecting myself and the franchise from a disasterous re-injury; I wouldn't wanna play where people didn't want me either.

nevertheless, I think he will play when it feels okay and play hard.

Crappy situation for a fan-base who hasn't seen him play and has a football mentality. But does one really want to rush a guy back when players' salaries CANNOT be cut.

His DEAL isn't expiring. Give the dude a tampon and take a chill pill. Despite his soft, traitorous self; I'm sure he would rather be playing and at a high level.

Other guys will develop, and he will return sooner or later. Even if we trade him, I want his healthy value.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I believe snow law, and its sickening. But there are signs that Ive seen that dont really match up.

But is snowlaw is right, then the dudes a loser.
    Yeah i feel like Sherlock Holmes trying to decypher the clues. Only difference is im not competant whatsoever. Hopefully our gut feeling is wrong.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I do not put down players as a whole. But kind of wish now that the Hornets had not matched the Suns offer. I hope I change my mind soon if he gets healthy and plays. It was a great idea to get Rivers.

People taking notice. Here's one from Deadspin. Didn't see it posted. No news but good to know people are taking notice:

http://updates.deadspin.com/post/347...ium=socialflow

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    I do not put down players as a whole. But kind of wish now that the Hornets had not matched the Suns offer. I hope I change my mind soon if he gets healthy and plays. It was a great idea to get Rivers.
    You would rather have had him leave than get whatever we get in December IF we trade him?

[QUOTE=fullcourtpress;995470]Out indefinately" is simply not knowing the date. chill

what if the dude is in pain when he plays. look, I can shoot and coach and even play a little basketball right now, but playing at max contract level in the NBA isn't playing; and when I compete I'm not either. It's real and playing through pain while healing may risk our and Gordon's future basketball wise.

Fair enough, but ACL surgery in July isn't the same thing as a knee scope in February. Plus, Gordon has had access to professional trainers and top doctors every day of his rehab. It's curious. If it is a lingering condition, that's troubling. If he's malingering because he wants a trade or can't play with any discomfort, that's even more troubling.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post

Is he soft? Possibly. Injury prone? yes. Does he want to be here? probably not....or simply no. But four years is four years.
    If I was really hurt and was protecting myself and the franchise from a disasterous re-injury; I wouldn't wanna play where people didn't want me either.

nevertheless, I think he will play when it feels okay and play hard.

Crappy situation for a fan-base who hasn't seen him play and has a football mentality. But does one really want to rush a guy back when players' salaries CANNOT be cut.

His DEAL isn't expiring. Give the dude a tampon and take a chill pill. Despite his soft, traitorous self; I'm sure he would rather be playing and at a high level.

Other guys will develop, and he will return sooner or later. Even if we trade him, I want his healthy value.
    He didn't have ACL surgery. He played without pain for olympic trials.

[QUOTE=new city champ;995478]
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post

Fair enough, but ACL surgery in July isn't the same thing as a knee scope in February. Plus, Gordon has had access to professional trainers and top doctors every day of his rehab. It's curious. If it is a lingering condition, that's troubling. If he's malingering because he wants a trade or can't play with any discomfort, that's even more troubling.

TRUEDAT

but didn't he have surgery on that knee previously????????????????????????????????????

If not I will slay em

What if he had some pain for Olympic tryouts but didn't let on so he could make the team? LOL. Probably not how it was but just something that crossed my mind while reading all these Olympic tryout comments. Perhaps the Olympics is more important to him than Hornets.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    What if he had some pain for Olympic tryouts but didn't let on so he could make the team? LOL. Probably not how it was but just something that crossed my mind while reading all these Olympic tryout comments. Perhaps the Olympics is more important to him than Hornets.
    More like he didn't want to ruin his chance at a max deal than make the team IMO.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    You would rather have had him leave than get whatever we get in December IF we trade him?
    You have a good idea. I just never thing about trading players first.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    I'm not Gordon's biggest fan, having watched him extensively as a Clipper. A couple months ago I made some derogatory comments about him being the exact opposite as Kobe from a mental standpoint and got shot down.

But I think you guys are overreacting a little. Lets give this a little time. I bet in a week or two it will work itself out one way or another, even if the team and Gordon come to the agreement to showcase him for a trade. The fact he tried out for the Olympics actually probably does mean he has passion for the game. After all, you don't get paid as a player to play, so a lazy player would never bother. Either Gordon is injured and he will shortly get better or he is still pissed about matching Phoenix's offer and if that's the case, someone is eventually going to get in his ear and make him realize the error of his ways.

Worse comes to worse, this is exactly the kind of thing that the "Eddie Curry" rule was created to help with. If we use the stretch provision on him this year, we stretch his contract out to 4 x 2 + 1 years, so 52 mill cap hit across 9 years, which is about 5.5-6mill against our cap per year. At least we won't be completely unable to compete.
    Well, you'd only use the stretch if something is wrong with his knee ... if he just wants out, they'd be better off getting something or, worst case, salary dumping him.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    More like he didn't want to ruin his chance at a max deal than make the team IMO.
    Could be. What was the reason Colangelo gave for him not making the team?

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Could be. What was the reason Colangelo gave for him not making the team?
    He felt Harden's Cohesion with Westbrook and Duant, along with Harden being used to coming off the bench would be better for the team.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Pretty bumned that he isn't playing tonight mainly because he was my 4th pick on my fantasy team Lol. Ill br happy with what ever the team decides to do with him, ill be glad to keep and maybe be straight if we get something good for him. If looking into trades, maybe the bobcats with Kemba they pick or Biyombo. Celtics, 76ers, OKC maybe? Plenty of teams that wouldprobably take him on but I say ship em to NY and make sure we get Shumphert in return! Lol

Fact of the matter is, people don't know how he felt during the Olympic trials.

I mean, the guy was ok to start offseason workouts as well, it's not like he did the Olympics at 100% then the day he showed up here said his knee was bothering him. He's also been practicing and just started full contact, I don't think someone would go through all that just to turn around and say he is out the night before game #1.

I also don't believe for a second that he is holding out because he doesn't want to be here, if the guy loves the game he would play, no matter how unhappy he is. Maybe he is just in it for the money and the fame.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 10-31-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    Well, you'd only use the stretch if something is wrong with his knee ... if he just wants out, they'd be better off getting something or, worst case, salary dumping him.
    Nah, you wouldn't need the stretch if he really was injured. You could just retire him off and let insurance pay it. He wouldn't even go against the cap then. That's what the Blazers did with BRoy. However that strategy would be guaranteed to backfire against us because EJ would sign a contract right away with another team and we would be stuck paying his salary (and having it hit the cap) as what happened to the Blazers for example with Miles.

It's not gonna stop this forum for going on about it for 30 pages.

No one knows how anyone else feels ever unless they're told, and even then it may not be true, but he was playing and now he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    No one knows how anyone else feels ever unless they're told, and even then it may not be true, but he was playing and now he is not.
    What are the reports on how he was playing the past week? Supposedly he's been doing full contact workouts right? Any videos of him practicing out there? I really just want to make sure he still is capable of using his legs and they are not hiding an amputation or something, lol.

I mean, the guy was ok to start offseason workouts as well, it's not like he did the Olympics at 100% then the day he showed up here said his knee was bothering him. He's also been practicing and just started full contact, I don't think someone would go through all that just to turn around and say he is out the night before game #1.

I also don't believe for a second that he is holding out because he doesn't want to be here, if the guy loves the game he would play, no matter how unhappy he is. Maybe he is just in it for the money and the fame.
    And to go further, like I said I'm leaning towards buying into snowlaws post. But he saws they are trying to respect Gordon's reputation, not wanting to ruin it.

If some message board poster knows, does anyone really believe the people like GMs, presidents, coaches, owners, etc are completely blind to the situation? I doubt that.

I'd love to hear what Benson has to say about this. Usually I get nervous when he's in front of a mic but it would be interesting to hear his thoughts.

Also, whether Snowlaw is right or wrong I still think Gordon wouldn't have been on the bench tonight. Everyone HAS to know that he'd get boo'd tonight.

Thread Information