Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ESPN Insider Trade Idea: Lopez to Boston

Lopez, Rivers (love him, but I'd trade him for Rondo), and our 2013 1st round pick (Lottery Protected) for Rondo. Then, trade Vasquez to the Rockets for Motiejunas.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Lopez, Rivers (love him, but I'd trade him for Rondo), and our 2013 1st round pick (Lottery Protected) for Rondo. Then, trade Vasquez to the Rockets for Motiejunas.
    We don't need to make any big trades. Remember we have our two best players out with a chance to get a max deal player and a potential lottery pick next year. I still say no to trading away Lopez. Solid 7 fters are hard to come by and we can get a guard next year if we really need too.

yeah but if you can trade for rondo, you do it, and you don't think twice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    We don't need to make any big trades. Remember we have our two best players out with a chance to get a max deal player and a potential lottery pick next year. I still say no to trading away Lopez. Solid 7 fters are hard to come by and we can get a guard next year if we really need too.
    Rondo is an elite defender and would do wonders for Anderson and Davis. I'd give up Lopez in a hot second for Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    yeah but if you can trade for rondo, you do it, and you don't think twice about it.
    Agreed. Boston reportedly tried to trade up to #10 for Rivers, but we couldn't make a deal. I think they are interested in him, and I think that is a fair offer.

Yeah I guess your right.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Rondo deal is kinda un-realistic, 1st they see them-selves as contenders with Rondo and with Rivers they won't be. And then the pick is protected which changes the whole deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    People always dismiss 1st rounders that will be in the 20's in December, but would kill for them in June. Almost everybody on this board was in love with a Perry Jones or a Quincy Miller, Sullinger, Fournier, etc. and wanted so desperately to acquire another pick in that range. So, keep that in mind when dismissing any 1st rounder.
    Acquiring a pick when the outcome is known, and for cash, is much different than acquiring an unknown late pick by giving up a serviceable player (starter at that) on a great contract. Not comparable at all.

only way we get rondo is if anthony davis is included

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Rondo deal is kinda un-realistic, 1st they see them-selves as contenders with Rondo and with Rivers they won't be. And then the pick is protected which changes the whole deal.
    Agreed.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Aren't there rumors every year that Ainge is trying to move Rondo? That he doesn't mesh well with the franchise? I don't follow them closely, but I feel like I hear that same song and dance every off season.

I'm seeing alot of stupid stuff being said on this thread.

Thanks. I'm laughing. I might wake up the dog.

for years we had not enough big guys, so it wouldn't be a good idea to trade our starting C for a guard.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Aren't there rumors every year that Ainge is trying to move Rondo? That he doesn't mesh well with the franchise? I don't follow them closely, but I feel like I hear that same song and dance every off season.
    And from a major deal never happening involving Rondo, it shows it was just rumors. But if it wasn't they wouldn't take the deal you proposed, maybe if it was Vasquez, River and a pick or something.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Boston wouldn't take that.

Im content on Lopez
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

if it weren't for Lopez' unique contract, I'd do this trade in a heartbeat, sadly I value the idea of flexibility this summer than Courtney Lee's production from the guard spot. That pick would have been gravy (since Lee and Lopez are basically a wash, production and team effect wise)

Thread Information