Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AD next to Tyson!? Love it? Hate it? Explain!

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Now you're being self-righteous. The first part of your post wasn't bad. It's pretty similar to the other people in this thread who think the Knicks will never dump Chandler. That is a perfectly valid opinion, and I have no problem with that. My problem comes when you post your ridiculous "I guess while we're dreaming.... blah blah blah." That stuff just incites animosity, and there is already enough of that on this board. No need for that BS.
    I've posted facts about Chandler as a player, the Knicks' basketball success this season, and the Knicks' financial success as a franchise. I've directed nothing personal at anyone.

You've specifically called me "cynical," told me my "****" is "cluttering the board," called me "self-righteous," and called my post "ridiculous." And I'm the one inciting animosity?

Let's just take a deep breath. There's no need for personal attacks. Let's be adults and agree to disagree about the possibility that Chandler winds up back in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Anyone want Amare?
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO (maybe) NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Davis never defends the opposing team's center. If it isn't Lopez, it's either Anderson or Jason Smith. The only time Davis defends the opposing Center is when they go small, or when we have a defensive rotation, and he has to slide over. Plus, we can add another guy during the off season if we want. Doesn't even have to be an elite player. Just someone who can give us 10 solid minutes a night. If Davis and Anderson give us 35 minutes a night, and Smith gives us 20 a night, then we're good at the position. Thomas is the 4th big in the rotation.
    Having 2 Bigs that are technically 2 PFs on a roster is a good idea. Smith has structural damage to his shoulder. I doubt he comes back before Feb, and even when he comes back, I don't expect him to be Jason Smith of last year. When we got rid of Warrick it seems like we are injury riddled with bigs. If we ship out Lopez and either Anderson or Davis get hurt we will be starting Smith with whoever and THomas would be our first big off the bench. That is not a good idea. If lopez is to be traded he better net a SF or PG, and then maybe we can throw in Aminu, Henry, and/or Vasquez for another big for the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    I've posted facts about Chandler as a player, the Knicks' basketball success this season, and the Knicks' financial success as a franchise. I've directed nothing personal at anyone.

You've specifically called me "cynical," told me my "****" is "cluttering the board," called me "self-righteous," and called my post "ridiculous." And I'm the one inciting animosity?

Let's just take a deep breath. There's no need for personal attacks. Let's be adults and agree to disagree about the possibility that Chandler winds up back in New Orleans.
    I responded with animosity because you provoked it. That was my point. Either way, we can agree to drop it. And on this topic specifically, I agree with you that NYK is probably not going to dump Chandler, especially since they are winning. However, I was responding to the OP's prompt, which stated that, should NYK want to dump Chandler, could we get him and at what cost?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Anyone want Amare?
    Nobody in this whole league wants him. He is damaged goods, and he has the worst contract in the entire NBA. He is literally untradeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Having 2 Bigs that are technically 2 PFs on a roster is a good idea. Smith has structural damage to his shoulder. I doubt he comes back before Feb, and even when he comes back, I don't expect him to be Jason Smith of last year. When we got rid of Warrick it seems like we are injury riddled with bigs. If we ship out Lopez and either Anderson or Davis get hurt we will be starting Smith with whoever and THomas would be our first big off the bench. That is not a good idea. If lopez is to be traded he better net a SF or PG, and then maybe we can throw in Aminu, Henry, and/or Vasquez for another big for the rotation.
    The NBA is moving away from "traditional" Centers and towards hybrid PF/C type guys to fill that role. Makes sense. They offer more versatility, athleticism, and most often, they are better scorers. Miami just won the Championship with Bosh as their center. A lot of teams are moving in that direction.

As for this season, if we traded Lopez and Davis/Anderson/Smith got hurt, we would definitely be down for a while, but I'm good with that because we aren't going to make the playoffs anyway. Just better draft positioning for us come the lottery. Next off season, however, we would add another big body to the roster that could give us 5-10 min/game. Doesn't have to be an All Star.

If it means the Knicks can get Cp3 by getting rid of chandlers salary your gonna tell me they wouldn't dump him? Seriously? I'm guessing Cp3 wouldn't be more valuable to the Knicks then Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    If it means the Knicks can get Cp3 by getting rid of chandlers salary your gonna tell me they wouldn't dump him? Seriously? I'm guessing Cp3 wouldn't be more valuable to the Knicks then Chandler.
    They can't. Look at the cap situation.

The salary cap is about 58 million.

their cap figure with Tyson is 76,404,000 next year before any signings. His cap figure is 14 million. which brings you at 62 Million will will be still at or above the cap depending on what the cap moves to at the end of the year. They would have to drop another 16 million or so to make a run at him.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

This thread is pretty meaningless.

Also, Bledsoe won't be losing playing time when Billups comes back. Willie Green will instead.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    This thread is pretty meaningless.

Also, Bledsoe won't be losing playing time when Billups comes back. Willie Green will instead.
    eh idk.. with jamal, chaunceys more likely to run the point with the second unit

AD next to Tyson!? Love it? Hate it? Explain!

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    eh idk.. with jamal, chaunceys more likely to run the point with the second unit
    Negative, if Chauncey comes back he'll take Greens spot, that's been the pre-determined role for him since he came to LA. So I would think Bledsoe and Crawford would be the 2nd unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    Negative, if Chauncey comes back he'll take Greens spot, that's been the pre-determined role for him since he came to LA. So I would think Bledsoe and Crawford would be the 2nd unit.
    willie green gets 18 minutes a game.. Chauncey should command close to 30 and they aren't going to take minutes away from jamal, therefore Bledsoe loses minutes

Nobody in this whole league wants him. He is damaged goods, and he has the worst contract in the entire NBA. He is literally untradeable.
    I understand the damaged goods bit, but I'm not sure about the contract bit. Not sure what the contract specifications are but people assumed Joe Johnson's contract was untradeable yet Atlanta found someone who was willing to take it to put their team at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    willie green gets 18 minutes a game.. Chauncey should command close to 30 and they aren't going to take minutes away from jamal, therefore Bledsoe loses minutes
    Right, what I'm getting at is they'll take minutes away from Green to get Chauncey his minutes. Since Chauncey's arrived in LA it's all been about a CP3/Billups backcourt. Two guards who can facilitate, create their own shots and carry the ball up. So with Chauncy starting, they would need someone to carry the ball up for the bench, I guess you can make an argument for Crawford to fill that role and Green plays off ball but like everyone's been saying about Bledsoe he's an explosive point guard who's severely underrated. I think Bledsoe ends up being their point off the bench, but with the depth they have at the guard position anything is likely.

Right, what I'm getting at is they'll take minutes away from Green to get Chauncey his minutes. Since Chauncey's arrived in LA it's all been about a CP3/Billups backcourt. Two guards who can facilitate, create their own shots and carry the ball up. So with Chauncy starting, they would need someone to carry the ball up for the bench, I guess you can make an argument for Crawford to fill that role and Green plays off ball but like everyone's been saying about Bledsoe he's an explosive point guard who's severely underrated. I think Bledsoe ends up being their point off the bench, but with the depth they have at the guard position anything is likely.
    What you said isn't wrong but Bledsoe will lose minute no matter what. He is barely getting minutes now. Jamal Crawford is a way more explosive scorer next to Cp3 than Billups who is more of a point but can be a combo guard. Billups will play both spots and eat into Bledsoes minutes one way or another. So why not get big man with value and make a run with Cp3/Billups and Crawford/Billups/Green. They have Hill coming back also him and Barnes are capable of playing 2 guard. They would be stacked with adding a Lopez and maybe even Vasquez to the second lineup. Bledsoe will be a Hornet just watch.

your last sentence explains it the best, we really don't know what they'll do but i agree green suffers the most with Chauncey back

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    What you said isn't wrong but Bledsoe will lose minute no matter what. He is barely getting minutes now. Jamal Crawford is a way more explosive scorer next to Cp3 than Billups who is more of a point but can be a combo guard. Billups will play both spots and eat into Bledsoes minutes one way or another. So why not get big man with value and make a run with Cp3/Billups and Crawford/Billups/Green. They have Hill coming back also him and Barnes are capable of playing 2 guard. They would be stacked with adding a Lopez and maybe even Vasquez to the second lineup. Bledsoe will be a Hornet just watch.
    I hear ya, when you have that much depth players are bound to lose minutes. I just think Bledsoe gets the part off the bench over Green. I hope he doesn't because then it makes him easier to trade for.

I understand the damaged goods bit, but I'm not sure about the contract bit. Not sure what the contract specifications are but people assumed Joe Johnson's contract was untradeable yet Atlanta found someone who was willing to take it to put their team at the next level.
    He signed a max deal, so that's as high as he can get. Joe Johnson only got traded because Brooklyn is desperate and has a new billionaire owner from Russia who is willing to spend anything, so you can't count on something like that.
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 12-21-2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: billionaire not millionaire

I hear ya, when you have that much depth players are bound to lose minutes. I just think Bledsoe gets the part off the bench over Green. I hope he doesn't because then it makes him easier to trade for.
    Yea I definitely think Bledsoe gets it to, but if they can make a move now they do it. Vasquez, Lopez, and future 1st makes to much sense. They get a coveted big man they need under team options. Then a solid combo guard in Vasquez who would play great with Chauncy/Cp3/Crawford however they choose to use him. Cp3 can sign off on the deal and send Bledsoe who he loves and wants to see in a great situation as he has previously stated. He knows Bledsoe will be put in a great place under Monty and Dell along with great young pieces. Maybe it's far fetched, but I believe very attainable and possible. Just pray I guess haha.

He signed a max deal, so that's as high as he can get. Joe Johnson only got traded because Brooklyn is desperate and has a new millionaire owner from Russia who is willing to spend anything, so you can't count on something like that.
    Billionaire

He signed a max deal, so that's as high as he can get. Joe Johnson only got traded because Brooklyn is desperate and has a new millionaire owner from Russia who is willing to spend anything, so you can't count on something like that.
    What I meant was I didn't know how much he has left on his contract, but I agree Johnson's situation was a rare one, but i would think the possibility of him being traded depends more on health concerns than financials. Theres got to be a few desperate GMs that are willing to spend that kind of money to get him to put their team on the right path. Desperate GMs willing to trade for an injury prone star? Highly unlikely.

What I meant was I didn't know how much he has left on his contract, but I agree Johnson's situation was a rare one, but i would think the possibility of him being traded depends more on health concerns than financials. Theres got to be a few desperate GMs that are willing to spend that kind of money to get him to put their team on the right path. Desperate GMs willing to trade for an injury prone star? Highly unlikely.
    The reason it's untradeable is the contract is uninsurable unlike mostly every other contract, not necissarily the $$ or years.

Amar’e may be the popular name to toss out, but the truth of the matter is his contract is all but untradeable. Only a small handful of owners could afford that deal on a good day, let alone if injury strikes.
    Stoudemire is owed $18.21 million this year, $19.94 million in 2012-2013, $21.67 million in 2013-2014, and $23.41 million in 2015-2016 for a total of $83.23 million – all of which is uninsured because of Stoudemire’s multiple knee surgeries.
    Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-don...pASdCQ50Rdy.99

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Billionaire
    Haha, thanks man. I always do that.

AD next to Tyson!? Love it? Hate it? Explain!

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The reason it's untradeable is the contract is uninsurable unlike mostly every other contract, not necissarily the $$ or years.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-don...pASdCQ50Rdy.99
    I didn't realize it was that bad, but I guess this right here basically puts moving Amare to rest. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356123311.071643.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	4547

Thread Information