Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Pelicans at Warriors 11/25/17

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Rondo was shooting way too much I thought

He needs to use his BBIQ to make better plays
    Had little choice on some of them -- the Warriors were just backing off and sitting on everybody else. And they've done that for years against all non-shooters. That was how they turned the series against the Grizz a few years back, used the same trick against Grindfather. Ok, we'll just back off 10 feet and double the interior guys, beat us if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    And we obviously don't mean to go the opposite that there's nothing to be concerned about like our bipolar center or the streaky nature of our 3pt shooting. Or that Rondo is still not particularly good at shooting...at all.

But I mean, we were WAY worse off this time last year. I'm not upset or despairing by any stretch. If we continue to stay relatively healthy going forward, get some guys back, hopefully actually make a move or two after December 15th, who knows where we end up.
    This is exactly how I think. We dont need that much to become supercompetetive (but of course it's not a given). If we get Hill back and become smarter with our big guys we can become a dominant force

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    This is exactly how I think. We dont need that much to become supercompetetive (but of course it's not a given). If we get Hill back and become smarter with our big guys we can become a dominant force
    Agreed! I think we need to get a legit big off the bench to be a great team.

Banned
    D Miller is a player that can be special at the 3 spot. Hill is not going to be ready anytime soon

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Jrue and Moore should start. Miller should play starting SF.

Rondo should come in for Moore. All of this should happen in the first quarter. Keep AD and Cousins in almost the whole first half against these elite teams.

We didn’t attack against GSW. We need to be the aggressor. I’d still give it to cousins over and over and tell him to beat them inside. They did a good job defending him but there’s no doubt that he can win against them. Give him the ball and put more pressure on him to lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

Rondo should come in for Moore. All of this should happen in the first quarter. Keep AD and Cousins in almost the whole first half against these elite teams.

We didn’t attack against GSW. We need to be the aggressor. I’d still give it to cousins over and over and tell him to beat them inside. They did a good job defending him but there’s no doubt that he can win against them. Give him the ball and put more pressure on him to lead.

Jrue starting the game as the pg is no bueno. This team needs Rondo to handle the ball as much as possible to have a chance at the playoffs. Period.

They need to also stop asking Cousins to handle the ball so much. Get it to him ready to score or play inside out. The way they use him now is just a guaranteed 5+ turnover gift to the other team every night.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

No way! Rondo needs to start. He runs the offense and leads the team. With Nelson and Rondo healthy, I don’t want Holiday playing PG ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Jrue starting the game as the pg is no bueno. This team needs Rondo to handle the ball as much as possible to have a chance at the playoffs. Period.

They need to also stop asking Cousins to handle the ball so much. Get it to him ready to score or play inside out. The way they use him now is just a guaranteed 5+ turnover gift to the other team every night.
    Yea I agree with both of these takes. Although it certainly is frustrating seeing teams play off Rondo like that and daring him to shoot, then he bricks every one. We may get to the playoffs this season with him as the main PG, but if this team wants to make a leap next season, they'll need to add a better shooting PG that still has playmaking/game-management skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Yea I agree with both of these takes. Although it certainly is frustrating seeing teams play off Rondo like that and daring him to shoot, then he bricks every one. We may get to the playoffs this season with him as the main PG, but if this team wants to make a leap next season, they'll need to add a better shooting PG that still has playmaking/game-management skills.
    Agreed but finding a PG with play making/game management skills like Rondo with shooting abilities is extremely hard to find. But it would be nice tho.

Thread Information