Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Gordon is OUT indefinitely

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar

Gordon is OUT indefinitely

WWL-TV Sports?@wwltvsports

Monty Williams says Eric Gordon is out indefinitely.

@wwltvsports: #Hornets Monty: I'm sure it's got to be medical (for Gordon). The guy just can't not play.

@wwltvsports: #Hornets Monty: Austin Rivers will move into Gordon's spot while he's out.

Wherehappens.

His knee might be messed up. Maybe he shouldn't have done those volunteer workouts. Oh well, proceed.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    I'm losing my patience with Gordon, hate to say it. This is extremely frustrating.

Did we NOT do a full physical on him before matching? I'm enraged right now.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

If he is on the bench I'm throwing something at him from the balcony. Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Did we NOT do a full physical on him before matching? I'm enraged right now.
    He was 100% when we matched. He got hurt again in late September.

The guy is tissue paper. We had David Thorpe come on the podcast in June and say as much. Ryan and I have been trying to tell people for months now. We are not pessimists, we know people and every single one of them has told us that this will be what we will see from Gordon for the rest of his career.

Get used to it or warm up to the idea of trading him for a lesser player and moving on. That would be my choice.
    @mcnamara247

We understand you "know people" but try to chill out a little on the self back pats. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

The guy is tissue paper. We had David Thorpe come on the podcast in June and say as much. Ryan and I have been trying to tell people for months now. We are not pessimists, we know people and every single one of them has told us that this will be what we will see from Gordon for the rest of his career.

Get used to it or warm up to the idea of trading him for a lesser player and moving on. That would be my choice.
    At least we have Rivers. Could have been much worse had we reached for another front court player in the draft.

Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Eric Gordon out vs. Spurs. Monty: "The way I understand it, he's going to be out indefinitely, until we get more clarity on what's going on"

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    We should've left his heart in Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Shabazz?

I don't get this.

HOW DOES THE COACH NOT KNOW what is going on?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Eric Gordon out vs. Spurs. Monty: "The way I understand it, he's going to be out indefinitely, until we get more clarity on what's going on"
    My question is... why does Monty not know? Do they not have doctors at Ochsner evaluating him and his knee condition? I don't understand this at all. You are a coach and you have no idea why your "star" SG is out indefinitely. Unacceptable

Why would the organization hide this for the past month? How can he practice with the team, but Monty says he is out indefinitely until they "Figure out whats wrong." Makes absolutely no sense. I'm ready to be done with this fool. When you are healthy enough to practice, you are healthy enough to play.

Get rid of him. Whiny baby who doesn't deserve to be in this league. Man up and play you pu%#^

Let Austin take his rookie lumps at his natural position and when Gordon is ready, bring him off the bench in limited minutes until we can jettison his carcass and move on.
    the Legend has spoken!

We understand you "know people" but try to chill out a little on the self back pats. Geez.
    Not trying to pat myself on the back at all. I would have been the happiest person in the world if I was wrong.

It's just that you gotta understand that at H247, we put 100-150 hours a week into what we do between all of us and we do it for the readers. And to be labeled as pessimists is a little frustrating. We try to give fans the best info possible and when it is not what people want to hear, they dismiss it.

Hope to be wrong on Gordon, Aminu, Vasquez, etc. but sometimes the facts includes bad news

Retweet
    Last edited by Hornetnojersey; 10-31-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Is is possible that this could be a mental problem with Gordon? Is he scared? Geesh this guy just can't stay healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    Is is possible that this could be a mental problem with Gordon? Is he scared? Geesh this guy just can't stay healthy
    Oh it's mental all right. He got paid, why bother playing now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Gordon is OUT indefinitely

Cmon man you can't be serious. Are we going to be responsible for his whole sallary.

Its one of 2 things...or possibly both.

1. He's mentally weak. Even tho they lost last night. Kobe wasn't supposed to play....but he wen tout there because thats what stars do. They play through their pain as much as they can. This guy can't play thru a paper cut.

2. He just doesn't want to be here. We've improved this team and he still feels slighted in some kind of way.

Dude is just weak...it aint no more "oh he'll eventually play and he'll be good and we as fans will get over it once we start winning" This dude is weak. No more defending him...trade him for the best package you can....and keep moving forward. Let Rivers play his natural position and try to get maybe Jennings in the offseason. But this is BS and as a fan I'm tired of the excuses. Rivers is out there breaking his ankles and he's playing opening night. This guy has been doing jack for the entire preseason and after 1 freakin practice he out indefinetly. That is such a cop out.

Back pats might stop when people are ridiculed for having a dissenting opinion or missing on things 20% of the time.

People are hilarious... they want to grouse when people say something might happen that doesn't, and the same when it does.

Can't win when you deal with crowds. All the individuals are wonderful. The group is always worse.

If Monty and co. is telling the truth everytime we hear "we want players that want to be here", how could they not KNOW that Gordon doesn't /didn't want to be here?

Who is gonna take on a max contract for a player that sits for 2 months because of a runny nose?

Thread Information