Pelicans Report

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1224

Thread: AD Will Not Sign Extension, Requested Trade

DEADLINE OVER

AD remains a Pelican, at least on paper, until the summer. He will not be traded until summer.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Gant- View Post

I could tell you that, given that it's now past the deadline and he hasn't been traded. Great newsflash from Vardon there with 3 minutes to go.

So be it. Hope things break our way over the next few months...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I could tell you that, given that it's now past the deadline and he hasn't been traded. Great newsflash from Vardon there with 3 minutes to go.
    Trades can be announced later. They just have to make it to the queue for league approval by 3 pm.
    Last edited by Gant-; 02-07-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gant- View Post
    Trades can be announced later. They just have to make it to the queue for league approval by 3 pm.
    Give it up. It's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Give it up. It's over.
    Oh I know that believe me. I was just pointing out that the Vardon tweet meant something.

I'm happy. Let the real speculation commence!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Give it up. It's over.
    Yep, Pretty much none of these trade are ''executed and approved'' right now. Paperwork takes time to file, approval needs to be sought, etc. If a trade was lined up, and agreed upon, Woj or Shams would have almost certainly reported on it, even if it was not executed yet.

If we haven't heard anything at all 15 minutes past the deadline, aside from Woj tweeting that Boston will get its chance in the summer, it's not happening.

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1549570082059.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	6393

You guys.

But with basketball. Now we can get back to these bug scum.

Basketball Guru
    they interviewed lebron and he said that he dont have anything to prove in the league now lol.....lebron realized that he was not getting AD today lol...

we all know that dude didnt go to the lakers just to play ball and not win a title there lol.....reality hit him hard about not getting AD in these last couple days lol....

Shams Charania: New Orleans confirms it has kept Anthony Davis past the trade deadline, pushing talks into the offseason. – via Twitter ShamsCharania
    Now We can start talking...

I hope it all pans out in our favor, if not, will be reason 1234567788 to fire demps.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Now We can start talking...
    Probably some 2019-20 Pelicans will be playing tonight on TNT.
    Last edited by Gant-; 02-07-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    I hope it all pans out in our favor, if not, will be reason 1234567788 to fire demps.
    Don't be certain that Demps will be making this decision.

Personally I think he probably will, but he could easily be fired between now and June.

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Do we need to call in a Wellness Check on NMThreeMVP?

Lol. Just light hearted playing, man.

Dan Woike: There’s a belief a Lakers offer will still be there this offseason and added with the addition of Boston offers and maybe the No. 1 pick into the mix, it always made basketball sense for NOLA to wait. Now, we will see if they do what else makes basketball sense — shut down AD
    – via Twitter DanWoikeSports

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Do we need to call in a Wellness Check on NMThreeMVP?

Lol. Just light hearted playing, man.
    Ha! Nah. This isn’t THAT serious. The debate has been fun folks. I’m enjoying some pretty cool real life stuff at an ultrasound with the wife, so living my best life... lol.

I would have proceeded a different way, but that’s just me. There was a post earlier from me where basically I said I didn’t trust the Pels management to evaluate this properly, and that alone might be reason to wait. My hope is that the best case scenarios everyone has outlined come to be. I also hope they hire a President of BBall Ops and let that person make decisions about the future direction of the team. Complete reset.

I’m still not sold on Tatum, prefer Zion and like Knox, and want the Pels to do a deal that gives them best draft capital and flexibility under the cap for a few years moving forward. The end. I need to take a break! I’ll be back if anything worth losing valuable time on the board happens!

And I wish we would have traded Randle.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 02-07-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Only thing I’m worried about is AD getting injured , John Wall tore his Achilles at home that would pretty much seal this franchises fate it’s a big risk I hope it works out in our favor . I liked Boston’s package around Tatum from the jump but the wait and the risk is what worries me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Y’all wait until Dell sits AD and then AD starts popping up at Lakers games or being seen around the LA area having dinner with LBJ. That’s gonna lower his value in the eyes of other teams. There are so many things that AD can do to sabotage a prospective Celtics trade. He’ll have free time. He’ll start doing interviews about how he’s the perfect fit in LA or how he wants to stay in the western conference. Try trading him then. Magic is going to lower his offer. I don’t see how Pels hold the cards. The longer they wait, the lower the offers. The longer they wait, the longer AD has to be pissed off and try to sabotage ********.
    Yeah, ok. You hold on to that.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Only thing I’m worried about is AD getting injured , John Wall tore his Achilles at home that would pretty much seal this franchises fate it’s a big risk I hope it works out in our favor . I liked Boston’s package around Tatum from the jump but the wait and the risk is what worries me .

I mean, you're not wrong, but it's also needlessly worrying.

Yes, AD could just tear his Achilles even if he just walks around his house for the next few months. He could walk outside tomorrow and get hit by a car and never play basketball again. Totally possible.

But you can't make franchise decisions based around the incredibly small chance of something like that.

''I don't know how the Pels hold the cards''

Lol, we're the ones with the 25 year old MVP calibre player under contract for another full season on the block. That's how.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Ha! Nah. This isn’t THAT serious. The debate has been fun folks. I’m enjoying some pretty cool real life stuff at an ultrasound with the wife, so living my best life... lol.
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, you're not wrong, but it's also needlessly worrying.

Yes, AD could just tear his Achilles even if he just walks around his house for the next few months. He could walk outside tomorrow and get hit by a car and never play basketball again. Totally possible.

But you can't make franchise decisions based around the incredibly small chance of something like that.
    This was the smart move for the time being if AD stays healthy it will turn out good for us.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    And lastly, when AD ruptures a testicle at the All Star game, and a stubbed toe leads to an infection and amputation... this is on all of you greedy SOBs ... each and every one of you ...who wanted to hold out for a guy who might be the next Nic Batum (or some other guy half of you salivated over until you flip flopped)!

And now I'm out for a while for real! lol

It's been fun, really.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 02-07-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Thread Information