Pelicans Report

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1224

Thread: AD Will Not Sign Extension, Requested Trade

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

Do it. Would love Brown in the deal tho.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    To stretch the analogy a bit further, you’d add that the future bidder’s offer is contingent on the participation of a mercurial investor who just publicly stated he’s not sure he’s committed to the bidder’s venture and will do what’s best for himself....
    lol. Right. And the future bidder also has a reputation for low balling folks at the negotiating table.

I think when this analogy was proposed the thought was the you're dealing with an asset like your personal home, that you own outright and can just sit on until you get the best offer. That's not what this is. This is an option on a development deal!

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Some people clearly thinks so. I think it could be. The possibility that it's not as good as we think (for a variety of reasons), is why I'd actually try and take a Knicks deal! I think they have the best draft pick package available, and the evaluation of the players is subjective and depends on system. I also don't want to be rushed into making financial decisions on the secondary players (Brown/Ball) in the Lakers/Celtics packages sooner than I'd have to on the Knicks players. Knox has ideal size and skill at SF if we can develop him and could be better than Tatum or Ingram when it comes time to actually make a financial commitment. And then there's the possibility of a top 3 pick...
    This. Make the trade now so we don't have to worry about Davis getting hurt or the PR nightmare of sitting him the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    To stretch the analogy a bit further, you’d add that the future bidder’s offer is contingent on the participation of a mercurial investor who just publicly stated he’s not sure he’s committed to the bidder’s venture and will do what’s best for himself....

Bingo
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This. Make the trade now so we don't have to worry about Davis getting hurt or the PR nightmare of sitting him the rest of the season.
    BAAAAAAMMMMMMPPPPPPPP !!!

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I don’t understand why this concept is so hard to understand. Dell is going to turn down a bunch of assets in hopes that the dominos all fall into place in the future which is not guaranteed.
    I've been trying to explain this for over a week. It's not even about taking the Lakers offer. You just need to take the BEST offer now. Knicks, Lakers, Clippers, Raptors.... whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    How can you *commit* to anything when you don't know if your players are going to get injured or AD gets injured? You assume they are non commital because of Kyrie while I think that's not the issue at all. It's impossible to *commit* to an exact trade right now. Nor do I think the Pelicans want to commit to anything before seeing where the Knicks fall in the lottery.

As far as discussing specific things, this literally came out a few minutes ago.

Tatum, Smart, Williams, Harford, up to 3 1sts.

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/...582233600?s=19

You think the Celtics are ducking the Pels, nah fam. That ain't what's happening. They having plenty of talks.
    I always get my Celtics news on the biggest trade in the last 30 years from Arizona sports talk hosts...

...we get to go McDonalds
    Y’all need to relax. The Pelicans will only go into summer if there’s a framework deal in place. They’ll be on phones with all bidders today and then they’ll let Boston know what it will take. And Boston will either say yes or no.

At the end of the day, the Lakers and Celtics will be bidding over the right to be the next dynasty. Which is why there’s no reason to worry. This isn’t a normal house. It’s the best house in the neighborhood that will likely preside over the next NBA dynasty. Boston can’t allow LA to get there. And LA can’t allow Boston to get there.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I don't get why people are in a hurry to trade now when there is a very good chance assets of other teams will be more clear (draft position) and potentially more teams will be able to make a bid (Boston). The PR nightmare of him playing/not playing? GTFO. You let him file his grievance. The fans know what's going on. I'm sitting him. You want to fine me or even take away a draft pick? I'm still sitting him. His value plummets if he gets hurt. This is a decision that probably will have huge long-lasting effects. You don't rush into things. Even if the Lakers offer is the best offer now, it will still be there in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    How can you *commit* to anything when you don't know if your players are going to get injured or AD gets injured? You assume they are non commital because of Kyrie while I think that's not the issue at all. It's impossible to *commit* to an exact trade right now. Nor do I think the Pelicans want to commit to anything before seeing where the Knicks fall in the lottery.

As far as discussing specific things, this literally came out a few minutes ago.

Tatum, Smart, Williams, Harford, up to 3 1sts.

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/...582233600?s=19

You think the Celtics are ducking the Pels, nah fam. That ain't what's happening. They having plenty of talks.
    The bold part is the point I've been trying to make. There's no reason to believe we can hold Boston to any terms right now. It's in Boston best interest to get us to hold off. IMO it's in our best interest to move before the deadline. I'd be shocked if Ainge is willing to make a deal(involving Tatum and multiple picks) without some assurance that he'll have Irving back or another top FA. That's stupid on his part. And that's only if Davis isn't incredibly vocal about his unwillingness to stay in Boston between now and July 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I don't get why people are in a hurry to trade now when there is a very good chance assets of other teams will be more clear (draft position) and potentially more teams will be able to make a bid (Boston). The PR nightmare of him playing/not playing? GTFO. You let him file his grievance. The fans know what's going on. I'm sitting him. You want to fine me or even take away a draft pick? I'm still sitting him. His value plummets if he gets hurt. This is a decision that probably will have huge long-lasting effects. You don't rush into things. Even if the Lakers offer is the best offer now, it will still be there in the summer.
    To put this into another analogy, you don't go for a joyride in your Lambo while you've got it up for sale. Even if you have to buy a clunker to get to and from work for a bit.

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    There is no PR nightmare in sitting AD. It's like some of you have been in a cave the past week. The public is absolutely loving how we are punking him and the Lakers. People are tired of the star player/big market bullying. The PR nightmare is in trading him to the Lakers, now. We would look weak and feeble. You would make awful Klingons.

This seems to be brain surgery. A framework deal means nothing because it’s not binding. You can’t make a deal based on a handshake and framework because either party can back out or change the deal at any point up to contract signing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I'd be shocked if Ainge is willing to make a deal(involving Tatum and multiple picks) without some assurance that he'll have Irving back or another top FA. That's stupid on his part. And that's only if Davis isn't incredibly vocal about his unwillingness to stay in Boston between now and July 1st.
    I wouldn't be shocked at all. If a draft-day trade is made with Boston, it wouldn't officially go into effect until after FA starts but it would be out in the open. Davis to Boston a done deal. THEN Kyrie has a decision to make. Not in the reverse order. I don't think Kyrie is leaving Boston if AD is there.

Also, Boston is a proud, historical organization. They don't have the small-market mentality of players leaving for big markets. Danny Ainge in my mind is convinced he can change AD's mind about staying. They have the coaching, FO, winning mentality and history to sell him on and I think they'll be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

That potential Celtics deal does not compute though. Horford can opt out (likely will not). Total contract value almost double that of AD, so either we would have to add more contracts, or this does not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    This seems to be brain surgery. A framework deal means nothing because it’s not binding. You can’t make a deal based on a handshake and framework because either party can back out or change the deal at any point up to contract signing.
    Of course, but are bound by league rules and cannot do a deal now with Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Y’all need to relax. The Pelicans will only go into summer if there’s a framework deal in place. They’ll be on phones with all bidders today and then they’ll let Boston know what it will take. And Boston will either say yes or no.

At the end of the day, the Lakers and Celtics will be bidding over the right to be the next dynasty. Which is why there’s no reason to worry. This isn’t a normal house. It’s the best house in the neighborhood that will likely preside over the next NBA dynasty. Boston can’t allow LA to get there. And LA can’t allow Boston to get there.
    Here's the thing. Davis has say in this. If Davis wants to turn the heat up he can say there's literally nothing the Celtics can do to make him stay. How on Earth if you're Ainge can you justify trading anyone let alone Tatum if that's the case. As of now we have the Knicks as a team on Davis' list. Knicks have a ton of assets. Potentially one of those assets could be the best prospect since Davis. Why wait for things to change. We can do what we should have done 6 years ago. Trade Davis to NY. Fire sale Niko, Julius, and Jrue. End the season bottom 5 with two legit chances at Zion. And draft a championship team with all the picks we inherit. It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    There is no PR nightmare in sitting AD. It's like some of you have been in a cave the past week. The public is absolutely loving how we are punking him and the Lakers. People are tired of the star player/big market bullying. The PR nightmare is in trading him to the Lakers, now. We would look weak and feeble. You would make awful Klingons.
    There's always ramifications for taking action like that. Players don't forget. It's why Davis Sr. came out against AD to Boston.

Y’all wait until Dell sits AD and then AD starts popping up at Lakers games or being seen around the LA area having dinner with LBJ. That’s gonna lower his value in the eyes of other teams. There are so many things that AD can do to sabotage a prospective Celtics trade. He’ll have free time. He’ll start doing interviews about how he’s the perfect fit in LA or how he wants to stay in the western conference. Try trading him then. Magic is going to lower his offer. I don’t see how Pels hold the cards. The longer they wait, the lower the offers. The longer they wait, the longer AD has to be pissed off and try to sabotage ********.
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 02-07-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post

This isn't a house. If you want to use real estate, this is a piece of land in a gentrifying neighborhood that you have an 18 month option on, but no ability to develop yourself. The value could go up, but there are things (even if not likely, there are a lot of them) that could happen to reduce the value of your asset over the next 18 months. When/if you get an offer that is fair, you can't hold that asset for another quarter because you've had some conversations with a developer that is planning to into the market, but can't even give you something to hold your asset.

I said this a week ago, but I think if Ainge is serious, he should trade the Pelicans Terry Rozier for Tim Frazier and an imaginary (heavily protected) 2nd. If we've expressed a costs to the Lakers to the deal now, we should express a cost to anyone wanting us to wait.

If yall want to use real estate as the analogy, this is it... you have to pay a costs up front for patience.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 02-07-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked at all. If a draft-day trade is made with Boston, it wouldn't officially go into effect until after FA starts but it would be out in the open. Davis to Boston a done deal. THEN Kyrie has a decision to make. Not in the reverse order. I don't think Kyrie is leaving Boston if AD is there.

Also, Boston is a proud, historical organization. They don't have the small-market mentality of players leaving for big markets. Danny Ainge in my mind is convinced he can change AD's mind about staying. They have the coaching, FO, winning mentality and history to sell him on and I think they'll be successful.
    Nothing about Danny Ainge says low percentage risk taker. He's stubbornly held on to all these picks this long. It'll seem very unwise to cash them in on a guy 1 year away from free agency. Again maybe I'm wrong it wouldn't be my 1st time and unless my time on this Earth is short it won't likely be my last. However there's no way I want to put the faith of this franchise on the hope of Ainge making a low percentage trade.

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    He has made it known for years that he is holding onto these pics for Davis.

So.

No.

I can't wait for the deadline to pass so we can stop arguing over what the Pelicans should do and we can just move forward with what they did.

At this point it's freaking tiring just having the same things said again and again and again.

The funny thing about all this to me is that two months ago Pels fans probably felt the same way about Ainge and Celtics fans as folks do about Magic and Lakers fans now.

Ainge and the Celtics have been plotting/leaking/stalking/whispering, sewing seeds, poking around, and tampering with their toes just up to the do not cross line for a long time...

Now, thems your peoples! That's yo boy and them with all them assets now...!

If Dell was the dude ya'll think he is for how he's treating the Lakers, he'd turn right around and deliver a stunner and a bird to the Celtics as well.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Here's the thing. Davis has say in this. If Davis wants to turn the heat up he can say there's literally nothing the Celtics can do to make him stay. How on Earth if you're Ainge can you justify trading anyone let alone Tatum if that's the case. As of now we have the Knicks as a team on Davis' list. Knicks have a ton of assets. Potentially one of those assets could be the best prospect since Davis. Why wait for things to change. We can do what we should have done 6 years ago. Trade Davis to NY. Fire sale Niko, Julius, and Jrue. End the season bottom 5 with two legit chances at Zion. And draft a championship team with all the picks we inherit. It's not that hard.

AD can say whatever he wants. The truth is that this is Rich Paul and LeBron don't want AD in Boston. If AD goes to Boston, he will be happy there. And at that point, Boston will be his best bet for a title because LA will not sacrifice two seasons of LeBron to wait.

Thread Information