Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: January 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Brooklyn Nets - 17-21

End of the first half, two badly timed turnovers let them get the lead back up to 17. Elfrid's wasn't too bad, and it was understandable, but Moore's was just a result of lazy handling: threw it away.

t's still not impossible, but we'll need the first five minutes of the next quarter to be a real attitude adjustment in terms of defense.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    All of a sudden the 22 point deficit is down to 14, and the momentum has changed after multiple stops and scores.

Turns out if you play defense, you can win.
    Turns out if Frazier & Hill aren't on the court, chances expand exponentially !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Turns out if Frazier & Hill aren't on the court, chances expand exponentially !
    That too.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    This team is so bad.

Man, this is hard to watch. Something has got to change, no excuse for the lack of defensive effort.

The hell with it, they don't care, neither do I, I am gonna go watch Roadhouse on IFC, at least Dalton is trying to clean up a mess.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    haha I think watching Australia's bowlers carry the team is going to be more appealing than watching this pels effort.
    Seriously, India batters have been like a brick wall this entire tour. By the time Oz bats, everyone is just too tired. I wish the Pels had some sort of strategy. And nobody on this board knows what we are talking about.
    Last edited by WildlifeAirGrp; 01-02-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Three empty trips in a row.

AD the only player who seems to be playing with some conviction. He has 23/16

Jrue looks tired out there

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Dang. Second game in a row my FoxSportsGo app won't let me see the game. Wonder what changed.

Hello reddit.

We would need a pretty much perfect quarter to win. Something like a 39-18 quarter. It's not impossible but you've got to think about how pathetic you must be playing to NEED that kind of thing to win.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Jrue looks tired out there
    Are all of his STUDENTS just NOT listening or is Erman really a Putrid defensive coach ?

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

She talking about Alvin Gentry right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Are all of his STUDENTS just NOT listening or is Erman really a Putrid defensive coach ?
    Or do we have a troll nutritionist that schedules Mexican buffets for lunch on road trips.

I have had enough. Time for a coaching change at a minimum.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

The problem here is that people look at our team and don't think defense us the issue....

ADs jumper has been beyond wet tonight. Every shot looks super smooth and confident. He's up to 28/19 on 10 of 18 with 3 blocks and 3 assists. Only one turnover. And we're down 13.

Payton has 21/6 in 24 minutes of action, no fouls, shooting 8 of 13, team leading +7 plus minus. We're down 13.

The real, key difference? Bench points. We have 5. Brooklyn has 50.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Or do we have a troll nutritionist that schedules Mexican buffets for lunch on road trips.
    They have a Poncho’s in NY? That place was the bomb in Metry back in the day.

Also, yes the defense is putrid. The defensive scheme seems to be ''give it a go''. That works if when you have a team full of elite defenders who know the right way to play. That doesn't work when you're playing Tim Frazier, Darius Miller, Solomon Hill, Ian Clark, and Frank Jackson.

Good Ol Joel loves when we stop the clock and score.

And that's the 30/20 game from AD.

Suddenly we're only down 8 with basically 6 minutes left.

WINNABLE. DO IT.

Thread Information