Pelicans Report

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Free-agent guard Wayne Ellington has reached an agreement to re-sign with Miami, league sources told ESPN.

The 30-year-old sharpshooter agreed to a one-year, $6.27 million deal, sources said.

Ellington, can now veto any trade based on the one-year bird restriction.

ESPN.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I hope Dell had the good sense to avoid reaching out to him. Dell's given himself a fair amount of credibility in my eyes over the last few seasons, I'd hate to find out that he spent Free Agency chasing after a broken down wreck of a 5'9 ball-hog.
    The only way to beat the Warriors is with offense!! A bench with him and Nico would give us an explosive offensive second unit. Not saying it would be enough to beat them, but I can guarantee he would give us WAY more offense than Ian Clark at backup point guard. If we can’t get Hood(which is probably the case IMO) so Moore can come off the bench, we could use someone to complement Nico. If he can’t stay healthy than yes but I would be willing to take that chance just like with Rondo a year ago. Now if he’s half the player he was 2 seasons ago he makes a team that is right on the cusp of the playoffs even better to possibly knock us out. I would of took that chance for 2 million cause it’s low risk, with the possibility of extreme high reward IMO.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-13-2018 at 06:55 AM.

Man last night in the NBA was popping off. I wonder now how this changes the Nets and Atlanta.

Speaking of the Nuggets I hope that salary dump wasn’t to possibly add Hood. I don’t know their salary situation, but if they add Thomas & Hood I’ll be a little upset lol. Add another team in the West to get better!!

David Aldridge: Meanwhile, told the Hawks plan to keep @Jeremy Lin, acquired from BKN tonight (@Adrian Wojnarowski first). With @Trae Young in the mix as well, you’d have to think Atlanta is in range to deal incumbent point @Dennis Schroeder, around whom trade rumors have been flying for weeks.
    Dennis to Pels?
    Last edited by Creative; 07-13-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Speaking of the Nuggets I hope that salary dump wasn’t to possibly add Hood. I don’t know their salary situation, but if they add Thomas & Hood I’ll be a little upset lol. Add another team in the West to get better!!
    No that salary dump was to get under the tax line and they gave up a 1st round pick to do it. If they wanted to add Hood they'd have to do it through a sign and trade like us, but they just signed Will Barton this summer so I doubt they are going after Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Denver has agreed to send Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur, a 2019 protected first-round pick and a future second round pick to Nets for Isaiah Whitehead, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com.
    Relatively cheap to unload $21 million in salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Dennis to Pels?
    Pass. Too much salary, attitude and potential trouble.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Wow, I miss all kinds of stuff when I go to bed early.

I don't really care about the Hawks, but I like Jeremy Lin a lot. Sometimes I can catch Hawks games on tv where I am, so that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Pass. Too much salary, attitude and potential trouble.
    This. It would have to be a crazy good package coming back from Atlanta to take that risk.

The Franchise
    I don't want to spend that much on a non core player but I can see a use for him. Personally with all the issues I wouldn't give up anything, I'd prob make they give up something.

If a player looses a law suit and is put in prison, does that guy still count against your cap?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    With Payton, I really don’t want Schroeder. If we bring in a guard, not a wing, I want him to be a scorer. Give us a dimension we lack. Like with Kemba.

Darren Wolfson: #Twolves All-Star Jimmy Butler has officially turned down the Wolves’ 4-year, $110M range extension offer, per owner Glen Taylor. Full interview posting soon, which includes stuff on KAT extension talks, Thibs, filling out the roster, and #LosLynx.
    Are We interested?

Are We interested?
    I mean, we're definitely interested, but whether or not we can do anything about it is a different issue.
    Basketball.

Are We interested?
    Not a surprise that he turned it down. Can get more re-signing next year.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not a surprise that he turned it down. Can get more re-signing next year.
    Bingo...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

OOOOOOH!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

OOOOOOH!!!!!
    He's restricted tho

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

OOOOOOH!!!!!
    He’s going home. Good on him. I wonder how he will fit in given they have Lauri.

I can’t believe I’m the only person on here that wishes we would of signed Isaiah Thomas. I believe he would of signed with us for sure. He would come to a playoff team that would of had an open competition at point guard. I would of rathered he come off the bench like he will likely do in Denver cause of Jamal Murray. We also run an up tempo system that he would fit in nicely. For 2 million that is such a low risk, high reward contract for a guy that was right up there as one of the top scorers in the league just a year & a half ago. If he would of gotten hit with the injury bug, I think Frank Jackson & Jrue would be perfectly fine as our backup point guards. I think Jackson will be a good player and maybe even over take Clark at the backup spot if given the chance. Plus backup point guards are a dime a dozen. We have shown to be able to find decent ones off the street before as well like Tim Frazier & Ish Smith. Plus I don’t like that he’s going to a team that could possibly be battling us for a playoff spot.

I would love to see us swing a Nick Young and Greg Monroe combo to fill out the roster for the vet minimum. I would love to add Rodney Hood, but seriously doubt we could make that happen. Hopefully if we have a good record come mid season we could swing a deal for a good small forward for Diallo, Ajinca, Hill, & our first rounder. Nick Young isn’t ideal, but would give us a shooter with size to allow Moore to come off the bench. Now that Ennis has signed, Young may just be the best unrestricted free agent possible small forward out there. We need Moore & Nico to be our combo 6th man this year lol. Having Moore, Nico, & Monroe coming off the bench would be fantastic IMO. I would like to keep Diallo, but he may be the best asset we have that is somewhat expendable due to the depth at the position.

This roster would be pretty damn potent IMO.

C: AD, Monroe, Okafor, Ajinca
    PF: Randle, Nico, Diallo
    SF: Young, Hill, Miller
    SG: Jrue, Moore, Liggins
    PG: Payton, Clark, Jackson

That second unit would be a huge improvement, but I could only imagine replacing Clark with Thomas!! We were really close to bringing in Young last offseason, but now are not even mentioned in teams interested in him. We were also interested in bringing in Monroe. I haven’t heard much about Monroe this offseason. Hopefully they both stay unsigned for a while unless we sign them for cheap. If he can only get a vet minimum type of deal one would think NOLA would be a spot Monroe would want to join.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    He's restricted tho
    Bucks were already talking about removing his QO and letting him become unrestricted. They will not match.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I can’t believe I’m the only person on here that wishes we would of signed Isaiah Thomas. I believe he would of signed with us for sure. He would come to a playoff team that would of had an open competition at point guard. I would of rathered he come off the bench like he will likely do in Denver cause of Jamal Murray. We also run an up tempo system that he would fit in nicely. For 2 million that is such a low risk, high reward contract for a guy that was right up there as one of the top scorers in the league just a year & a half ago. If he would of gotten hit with the injury bug, I think Frank Jackson & Jrue would be perfectly fine as our backup point guards. I think Jackson will be a good player and maybe even over take Clark at the backup spot if given the chance. Plus backup point guards are a dime a dozen. We have shown to be able to find decent ones off the street before as well like Tim Frazier & Ish Smith. Plus I don’t like that he’s going to a team that could possibly be battling us for a playoff spot.

I would love to see us swing a Nick Young and Greg Monroe combo to fill out the roster for the vet minimum. I would love to add Rodney Hood, but seriously doubt we could make that happen. Hopefully if we have a good record come mid season we could swing a deal for a good small forward for Diallo, Ajinca, Hill, & our first rounder. Nick Young isn’t ideal, but would give us a shooter with size to allow Moore to come off the bench. Now that Ennis has signed, Young may just be the best unrestricted free agent possible small forward out there. We need Moore & Nico to be our combo 6th man this year lol. Having Moore, Nico, & Monroe coming off the bench would be fantastic IMO. I would like to keep Diallo, but he may be the best asset we have that is somewhat expendable due to the depth at the position.

This roster would be pretty damn potent IMO.

C: AD, Monroe, Okafor, Ajinca
    PF: Randle, Nico, Diallo
    SF: Young, Hill, Miller
    SG: Jrue, Moore, Liggins
    PG: Payton, Clark, Jackson

That second unit would be a huge improvement, but I could only imagine replacing Clark with Thomas!! We were really close to bringing in Young last offseason, but now are not even mentioned in teams interested in him. We were also interested in bringing in Monroe. I haven’t heard much about Monroe this offseason. Hopefully they both stay unsigned for a while unless we sign them for cheap. If he can only get a vet minimum type of deal one would think NOLA would be a spot Monroe would want to join.
    16 man roster?

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...164472834?s=19

Yet Zach Lowe and others criticized our team. For trading away draft picks to. Bring in players. He better roast teams alive for just letting their picks walk.

So does this take the Bulls out of the running for Rodney Hood?

Thread Information