Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Summer League Gameday: MIA vs. Pels

Pelicans

+- 20 I mean how can you not notice, and from a family of Marine athletes ! not since David West , .......that's a good lineage pawpaw.
    Last edited by Shrimpnose; 07-07-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Another one from Blueitt the Bomber
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    This kid is pretty good. He may be playing his way to a contract. Let’s not screw up not signing the kid like we did with Seth Curry.
    Just who I was thinking about as well. I hope we don’t screw this one up. Shame he is only 6’5, I wish we could play him at the 3.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Interesting thing about Blueitt: outside of his 3pt shooting, he's also 4/4 this game from 2pt range, and seemed alright inside of the arc. Not nearly as special as he is from outside, but it's nice to see a little offensive versatility.

Cut Liggins before the 30th, which is when his contract is guaranteed, sign Blueitt. Simple.

Surely Bluiett has already earned a two way at least.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Another win for the Pelicans.

The Pels gonna chip this [Summer League]season.

Blueitt has now hit 12 threes in eight quarters

Top 10 pick, leader of the nation in points, and future ''franchise player'' for Atlanta Trae Young: 5 threes in 15 quarters.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Demps should’ve had a contract sitting in Blueitt’s locker.

So we signed Blueitt yet or what?

Also are we leading the summer league standings now?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Blueitt has now hit 12 threes in eight quarters

Top 10 pick, leader of the nation in points, and future ''franchise player'' for Atlanta Trae Young: 5 threes in 15 quarters.
    Top 5 pick brah

Hope another team does not steal him like when we lost Seth Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Top 5 pick brah
    Top 5 bust of all time

Top 5 bust of all time
    21 and 11 today

He'll be ok. Last thing you want is even worse crowds in Atlanta

It’s difficult not to get hyped when the younguns perform so well, but I’d like to see Blueitt have his shot with us. Hopefully Franky boys injury problems won’t be reoccurring because he looked solid in limited minutes against the Raptors.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Hope another team does not steal him like when we lost Seth Curry.
    How does SL work....like...do we get first rights to sign our extra players not already on the team or can people swoop in?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    How does SL work....like...do we get first rights to sign our extra players not already on the team or can people swoop in?
    Any team can sign any SL league player off any SL roster after the league ends.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

21 and 11 today

He'll be ok. Last thing you want is even worse crowds in Atlanta
    21 and 11 with 33% from the floor. He's not exactly lighting it up. He was the third best performance on a team that still lost their game. Collins had 30/8 on 55% from the field, and Tyler Dorsey had 15/14 (admittedly on shooting percentages basically as bad as Young's).

So far Atlanta is 0-4 in the Summer League and Young has had one decent game, which was still incredibly inefficient. He's not looking top 5 pick by any measure.

21 and 11 with 33% from the floor. He's not exactly lighting it up. He was the third best performance on a team that still lost their game. Collins had 30/8 on 55% from the field, and Tyler Dorsey had 15/14 (admittedly on shooting percentages basically as bad as Young's).

So far Atlanta is 0-4 in the Summer League and Young has had one decent game, which was still incredibly inefficient. He's not looking top 5 pick by any measure.
    Just watched his highlights and he was hitting from way downtown. Also impressed by his assists. Looks a player

Blueitt was the 4th guy I was most intrigued to see going into summer league. He was one of the top undrafted players. I was hoping to see a 3 guard lineup with him, Jackson, Carr to go with Diallo and Jones. Poor thing Frank got hurt. He’s officially out the rest of summer league which is a bummer. He was the guy I was most interested in seeing. I like what I saw in limited action and coach did as well. Now Blueitt has taken his place. Most thought Blueitt would be drafted, so he was a nice pick up by Demps. We better sign him up and have him at camp. We could use a 2 guard that is 6’5” and we could always use another 3 point shooter in today’s NBA. After two games he might be the best player I’ve seen for us in summer league. Let’s hope he can keep it up and earn a spot on this team!!!

It would be nice if some of that undrafted player luck comes from the Saints to the Pels!! lol
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-07-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Blueitt was the 4th guy I was most intrigued to see going into summer league. He was one of the top undrafted players. I was hoping to see a 3 guard lineup with him, Jackson, Carr to go with Diallo and Jones. Poor thing Frank got hurt. He’s officially out the rest of summer league which is a bummer. He was the guy I was most interested in seeing. I like what I saw in limited action and coach did as well. Now Blueitt has taken his place. Most thought Blueitt would be drafted, so he was a nice pick up by Demps. We better sign him up and have him at camp. We could use a 2 guard that is 6’5” and we could always use another 3 point shooter in today’s NBA. After two games he might be the best player I’ve seen for us in summer league. Let’s hope he can keep it up and earn a spot on this team!!!

It would be nice if some of that undrafted player luck comes from the Saints to the Pels!! lol
    Where's the Jackson officially out news?

Oh well, it's all about Bluiett now!

Where's the Jackson officially out news?

Oh well, it's all about Bluiett now!
    I think Guillory posted something about it? Either way, The Bird Writes definitely tweeted about it too, so you should be able to find it through them.

I think Guillory posted something about it? Either way, The Bird Writes definitely tweeted about it too, so you should be able to find it through them.
    I just checked their Twitter and didnt see anything about it

Jackson will miss the remainder of the MGM Resorts NBA Summer League 2018. The estimated timetable for return is 2-4 weeks.

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/frank-j...-update-7-7-18

Thread Information