Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Harrison Barnes?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I mean, Christ. Can we just have ONE competent SF? Just one? Last one was Jamal friggin' Mashburn, for Pistol Pete's sake.

So let's brainstorm- what would a potential Barnes to Pels trade look like?

Would Mavs demand Niko be the base for any Barnes trade? Sure would seem so. And if Hill is involved, probably costs Pels 1st and possibly Diallo.

Niko + Hill + Pels '19 first

Hill + Moore + Diallo + 1st (Mavs say no)

Niko + Moore + Diallo (Pels keep 1st, maybe include 2nds)

Davis
    Randle
    Barnes
    Holiday
    Payton

That would be super fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Actually it wasn't Tiger Droppings. Or MM. The owner of the company I manage is a huge Pels fan, floor seats. And huge LSU fan LSU grad played baseball for them in early 80s. Started the company from the contract he earned playing MLB. His daughter has a mid level position in the organization. Doubt she has that kind of information but his connections landed her the position so I'm sure he rubs elbows with someone. Long story short our daily morning managers meetings often turn into LSU, Pels and Saints talk and he mentioned it when another employee was venting about Boogie. So if MM also mentioned it I might be inclined to think they are interested not that anything would transpire from it. But I know they were interested in the past and Alvin is familiar with him.
    You for real? Maybe he just read Tigerdroppings and got the idea from there, lol. But if you're not larp'ing, then that's cool to have two separate sources mentioning a Barnes pursuit. This could be it ya'll, the big splash...

Side note: I'm pretty sure Mirotic was teammates with Luka on Real Madrid or at least knew him from there. He was tweeting him during the draft. That connection plus the whole Dallas looking for their Dirk replacement could have them willing to trade Barnes to get NM.

Actually it wasn't Tiger Droppings. Or MM. The owner of the company I manage is a huge Pels fan, floor seats. And huge LSU fan LSU grad played baseball for them in early 80s. Started the company from the contract he earned playing MLB. His daughter has a mid level position in the organization. Doubt she has that kind of information but his connections landed her the position so I'm sure he rubs elbows with someone. Long story short our daily morning managers meetings often turn into LSU, Pels and Saints talk and he mentioned it when another employee was venting about Boogie. So if MM also mentioned it I might be inclined to think they are interested not that anything would transpire from it. But I know they were interested in the past and Alvin is familiar with him.
    MM also said it on tigerdroppings. In his defense, he’s mostly right about names (which is pretty good given the fluidity of deals in the NBA). He’s just normally off on the numbers which is not that bad. But he always gets killed for it. And because he’s arrogant so which makes people pile on his inaccuracies.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I can see something significant going down on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    You for real? Maybe he just read Tigerdroppings and got the idea from there, lol. But if you're not larp'ing, then that's cool to have two separate sources mentioning a Barnes pursuit. This could be it ya'll, the big splash...
    Yea he is not the type to read message boards. Not a big social media person either. Only social media he has is a company fb ran by the human resources department. I was never really a believer in MM because he didn't really give names and I'm not really into playing the guessing game so if he did actually toss the name out he might be on to something. I didn't see his post but it's rare that he gives names from my experience of him on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I'd prefer Mo Harkless.
    Wanted him since Orlando released him.
    Funny you would mention Harkless. Dell was exploring options in a sign and trade involving Boogie and Mo. Problem was Boogie and Blazers center Jusuf Nurkic share the same agent and Boogie was not willing to work with the team on any kind of trades so talk didn't get very far.

Funny you would mention Harkless. Dell was exploring options in a sign and trade involving Boogie and Mo. Problem was Boogie and Blazers center Jusuf Nurkic share the same agent and Boogie was not willing to work with the team on any kind of trades so talk didn't get very far.
    That's good. Those two (Barnes and Harkless) are gettable. People can forget Leonard and Butler.

As long as we don't settle for Carroll or Bazemore I'm happy.

Basketball Guru
    Harrison Barnes has been my guy I want to get this off ......Barnes secure our SF position and give us another 2 way player in our starting lineup....jrue,barnes, AD,,can be locked up until their 30s.....

I would offer Niko so he can be Dirk replacement.and Diallo.....I would also offer hill and ajinca to Toronto for valanciunas to be our starting center... Toronto offered valanciunas to us a couple of years ago so maybe he is still a get for us......

Payton/ Jackson
    Jrue/ Moore
    Barnes/ Miller
    AD/ Randall
    Valanciunas/ okafor

Add 2 more players to the 12 man roster and I'll roll with that lineup....
    Last edited by 6warddude; 07-05-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    Harrison Barnes has been my guy I want to get this off ......Barnes secure our SF position and give us another 2 way player in our starting lineup....jrue,barnes, AD,,can be locked up until their 30s.....

I would offer Niko so he can be Dirk replacement.and Diallo.....I would also offer hill and ajinca to Toronto for valanciunas to be our starting center... Toronto offered valanciunas to us a couple of years ago so maybe he is still a get for us......

Payton/ Jackson
    Jrue/ Moore
    Barnes/ Miller
    AD/ Randall
    Valanciunas/ okafor

I don't see the Toronto trade happening but I do really like that roster. Hate to see Niko go though.

Barnes isn’t going anywhere

Payton/ Jackson
    Jrue/ Moore
    Barnes/ Miller
    AD/ Randall
    Valanciunas/ okafor

That would be the best roster on paper ever for this org.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Payton/ Jackson
    Jrue/ Moore
    Barnes/ Miller
    AD/ Randall
    Valanciunas/ okafor

We need to be realistic with our trade talks. There no way Hill and Ajinca fetch us Jonas. Unless someone is looking for a salary dump, Hill and ajinca have no value.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    For the record I do know that we are interested and have made attempts to acquire him. Seems like Dallas wants too much though because they think they’ll actually be good this year... so probably unlikely but never know maybe mid season

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    For the record I do know that we are interested and have made attempts to acquire him. Seems like Dallas wants too much though because they think they’ll actually be good this year... so probably unlikely but never know maybe mid season
    Yea it's very similar to the Niko situation last season. If Dallas starts off slow they will probably let him go and more than likely not receive as much as they could get for him right now.

This would be a dream come true for me. I’ve always wanted Barnes to fill in the small forward position. I wanted to add him in free agency and got into some big time arguments over adding him. I was right that he would be a better player with more playing time. He was barely used in Golden State cause of all the other fire power on that team. I would of rathered we sign him over both Solomon Hill and Etwaun Moore that year. But he was a restricted free agent and everyone thought he was gonna resign with Golden State. Then all of a sudden they signed freaking Kevin Durant. I wish we would of waited to see what was gonna happen with him. I’d give up our first round pick and whatever else to get him for sure. He would be a perfect small forward for us IMO.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-07-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    That's good. Those two (Barnes and Harkless) are gettable. People can forget Leonard and Butler.

As long as we don't settle for Carroll or Bazemore I'm happy.
    Honestly I wouldn't mind going after Butler when he is a free agent at the end of the season. That's the only way we get him. Minnesota probably won't trade him unless he continues to be unhappy and want to get something for him. I don't think he would have a problem with slackers in our locker room.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thread Information