Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels sign Julius Randall

Personally i'd prefer Randle and Mirotic over just DMC.
    Now that we didn't sign DMC we have the ability to re-sign JR and go over the cap to re-sign Mirotic and a SF.

I thought this was kind of interesting.

Just for S n gigs...look at 6:00 mark. lol Maybe they have a lil history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    https://youtu.be/ymlLKbgIRF4

This is highlights from Randle against the Pels all season. That 1st game he actually had multiple plays embarrassing Cousins offensively and defensively. It's funny because one play Cousins is complaining after Randle gets a steal while Randle is busy RUNNING back the other way. Just shows the difference in hustle.

I'm excited to see how he develops.
    Love it! Thanks for the video! Dude is going to be a beast here! He really reminds me so much of Boogie with his skill set. Randle is 2” shorter but a better athelete who actually hustles and plays very good defense. He won’t take the ball out of ADs hands as much either. I have a feeling Randle is going to have an improved 3 point shot next season. His game can really go to another level if he can just shoot average from 3.. Very excited to see him play with AD.. Cousins and AD were friends mostly do to being Kentucky alumni but Randle and AD are best friends which should be fun to watch.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    How friggin' tall is Randle again?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Love it! Thanks for the video! Dude is going to be a beast here! He really reminds me so much of Boogie with his skill set. Randle is 2” shorter but a better athelete who actually hustles and plays very good defense. He won’t take the ball out of ADs hands as much either. I have a feeling Randle is going to have an improved 3 point shot next season. His game can really go to another level if he can just shoot average from 3.. Very excited to see him play with AD.. Cousins and AD were friends mostly do to being Kentucky alumni but Randle and AD are best friends which should be fun to watch.
    Where do you get this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    6'9
    Basketball.

Apparently 6'9"

He measured 6'9 at the combine but when you look at him standing next to Cousins there isn't a huge difference. His 7ft swingspan and over 250lb body helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Just for S n gigs...look at 6:00 mark. lol Maybe they have a lil history.

Randle might have grown since he entered he NBA. He’s every bit as tall as Cousins and if he’s shorter it’s no more then 1/2”.. This matchup was also beforehand Randle got in arguably the best shape in the NBA. He was a different player last season with his quickness and explosiveness after working his butt off. Randle is more shredded then anyone in the NBA. Can someone post the photo of him with the 3 side by side images with his shirt off? Amazing the transformation he had with the hard work he put in. I never count out young players who work hard like him to keep getting better. He is no doubt going to be a candidate for MIP imo.

Either way, another thing you notice watching Randle is he's pretty fast and explosive.

He measured 6'9 at the combine but when you look at him standing next to Cousins there isn't a huge difference. His 7ft swingspan and over 250lb body helps too.
    Haha I didn’t even read people’s responses until after I posted the same thing! Glad I’m not the only one who saw this. He is every bit as tall as Cousins. Like I said if he is shorter it’s no more then 1/2” at most. He definitely go taller since he entered the NBA which isn’t surprising at all because a lot of players do including AD. Not that height means everything but I feel even better now knowing he has legit center height at 6’11..

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    How the hell did we get this guy for $18 million?

Either way, another thing you notice watching Randle is he's pretty fast and explosive.
    Go watch his highlights from last season. His explosiveness is on a different level then his previous years. He turned himself into an above the rim player while becoming one of the better defenders in the NBA. His body transformation was ridiculous! If I had a computer around me I would post a pic.

NBA heights are one of those totally useless and nonsense pieces of information.

Randle is 6'9, so is KD, AD is 6'10, Cousins is 6'11, according to the official measurements. Except Randle is pretty much the same height as Cousins, and Cousins is shorter than AD, and Davis/Durant are actually about the same size but that height is clearly more like 7'0 than 6'10.

It's kind of like how Kevin Love is 6'10 unless he's next to anyone else that is legitimately 6'10, in which case he's clearly like 6'8.5.

Forget from 3. He needs to improve his spot up mid-range first. His ability to space the floor at all is whats keeping him from being an all-star. He has to work too hard to score. But he's afraid of no one. Seen him eat AD's and Cousin's lunch in that paint.

His handle can tighten up as well. But his potential is still very high. Good match for the style Gentry likes to play.

One of the things that struck me most about heights is I've stood next to Chris Paul. Shook his hand and all. And he might've been an inch taller than me. And all this time I thought I was almost 6'2". Maybe he had better shoes on. Or I was on a sloped angle. It was in a movie theater.

One of the things that struck me most about heights is I've stood next to Chris Paul. Shook his hand and all. And he might've been an inch taller than me. And all this time I thought I was almost 6'2". Maybe he had better shoes on. Or I was on a sloped angle. It was in a movie theater.
    NBA players are whatever height it is expedient for them to be at any given time.

I made this point on Twitter but I feel I should post it here too.

The thing I'm most excited about with Randle is on the defensive end. I actually went and did a decent amount of research and his defense was pretty good last year. The Lakers routinely matched him up against bigger SFs like LBJ, Durant, and Melo. Even more than that when the Lakers needed a stop they would put Randle on the guy. Even players like Wall and Curry.

Randle has ideal size at ~6'9 with a 7ft wingspan to guard 3s/4s but what's most impressive is he has the weight to bang low while also still being explosively enough to keep up with bigger guards. What this means is, even if teams try to set screens to get Jrue off of their primary guard, they can't use a big screen because Randle and AD both can switch and cover the guard.

I'm actually really interested in seeing how a Randle-Mirotic-Davis lineup will work out because I think Randle will be able to cover the SF on defense and Mirotic can rotate to the perimeter on offense while Randle has the body to bang low on offense.

I also stood next to CP and shook his hand. His hands were bigger than mine, but we were easily eye to eye if I weren't slightly taller. I'm 5'11".

Are any of you guys familiar with the Bigger Luke theory?

I agree Randle has similar versatility to Draymon Green. His defense was on another level last year because of the work he put in. He was just a completely different athelete after he got in shape. From the games I saw of him last season he looked like one of the better 1 on 1 defenders in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    NBA players are whatever height it is expedient for them to be at any given time.
    Maybe how teams list them but I don’t think the tape measures on their draft measurements are lying. Only thing that could be wrong is these guys are taller then their listings because of natural growth. Almost all of them are 18-19 year old kids when they get measured and usually grow an inch or two as their bodies fill out. Paul George said he grew 3” after he entered the NBA. In Randles case what seemed to happen is he filled out a couple of inches from his listed 6’9 measurements which at the time was accurate.

Maybe how teams list them but I don’t think the tape measures on their draft measurements are lying. Only thing that could be wrong is these guys are taller then their listings because of natural growth. Almost all of them are 18-19 year old kids when they get measured and usually grow an inch or two as their bodies fill out. Paul George said he grew 3” after he entered the NBA. In Randles case what seemed to happen is he filled out a couple of inches from his listed 6’9 measurements which at the time was accurate.
    Oh no, I don't think that the tape measurements are lying, but as you say, they're taken at precisely the age at which it is most likely for them to become outdated within a year or two. So once a player has been in the league for a couple of years, asking how tall they are exactly is like asking how many hairs there are on their arms: there's an answer, but unless you're going to be the one stood there measuring it, we're not gonna find that answer out.

Wow I did not realize Cousins had a 7’6 wingspan.. I was just checking out their sizes and I was surprised when I saw that. I knew he had length but not like that.

Thread Information