Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I've been outside talking to a friend. Lebron going to the Lakers... Did I miss anything else in the past 2 hours?
    Also KCP back to the Lakers, so they have no money and probably can't get Boogie anymore.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Also KCP back to the Lakers, so they have no money and probably can't get Boogie anymore.
    K.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Marks said the only way to do it is Stretch Deng & renounce Randle

Lopez
    Randell
    Lebron
    KCP
    Ingram
    Kuzma
    Ball
    Heart

Those young players did very well last year, add LBJ to that mix and heck yeah I would say that they are a top tier team in the West. They have the best player in the NBA.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by cmariaou View Post
    People are overlooking 1 thing. About boogie to the lakers... Lebron’s contract allows for him to be sign and traded from Cleveland to the lakers. It would be difficult for them to match salaries, but it could happen. A sign and trade would allow for the Lakers to go over the cap to aquire Lebron. It’s all about the order that they carry out transactions; something like this:

1) sign Caldwell-Pope
    2) sign Boogie w/ whatever cap space remains
    3) sign and trade for Lebron pushing them over the cap
    Except Lebron already agreed to terms on a contract without a sign and trade.

Also what incentive does Cleveland have to help the Lakers out? The whole point is the Lakers are keeping assets to make a move for Leonard. They aren't trying to give up assets elsewhere.

Screamin A is also reporting the Spurs/Lakers have been on the phone twice today and plan for a third call tonight.

Spurs want the house: multiple draft picks, and multiple young players. Lakers say Kuzma is off limits, don't want to give up three draft picks(didn't mention Ingram specifically though). The Lakers mindset is that Kawhi wants to be in LA so they are willing to wait til next offseason if the Spurs remain unreasonable from their perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Marks said the only way to do it is Stretch Deng & renounce Randle
    That still only puts them around 23m. Close but not close enough for Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Lopez
    Randell
    Lebron
    KCP
    Ingram
    Kuzma
    Ball
    Heart

Those young players did very well last year, add LBJ to that mix and heck yeah I would say that they are a top tier team in the West. They have the best player in the NBA.
    No shooters, other than Kuzma.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Screamin A is also reporting the Spurs/Lakers have been on the phone twice today and plan for a third call tonight.

Spurs want the house: multiple draft picks, and multiple young players. Lakers say Kuzma is off limits, don't want to give up three draft picks(didn't mention Ingram specifically though). The Lakers mindset is that Kawhi wants to be in LA so they are willing to wait til next offseason if the Spurs remain unreasonable from their perspective.
    The Spurs better be unreasonable. No reason to give a super team to LA for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That still only puts them around 23m. Close but not close enough for Cousins.

So, with that in Mind, what do we offer Boogie, w/out insulting him? 1& 1 26ish?

Well at least Lebron won’t make his finals record worse now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Spurs better be unreasonable. No reason to give a super team to LA for cheap.
    If I'm the Spurs, I want 2 future firsts, Kuzma, and Ingram. That's my starting point.

So, with that in Mind, what do we offer Boogie, w/out insulting him? 1& 1 26ish?
    2+1, anywhere from $25 to $28 per.

Though on the flip side, Stephen is also saying many executives and insiders think Kawhi may sit out the season if he isn't dealt.

So with the 4 year Lebron deal and the Spurs only having one year of Kawhi before he can walk for nothing, they definitely have less leverage than they did an couple hours ago.

yeah, I'll buy that.

Yeah something like that sounds about right. The key to me would be to make the 2nd year either guaranteed or a team option.

No way in **** I give Cousins a 2nd year player option that he can just opt out of after finishing rehab with us then have the ability to just walk to the Lakers next year. I'd rather just guarantee the 2nd year and then do a 3rd year team option.

If I'm the Spurs, I want 2 future firsts, Kuzma, and Ingram. That's my starting point.
    Apparently the plus 3 firsts is the current ask.

Stephen thinks the Lakers would settle on Ingram, one lesser player like Randle and two firsts. Which I think is probably what ends up happening.

Though on the flip side, Stephen is also saying many executives and insiders think Kawhi may sit out the season if he isn't dealt.

So with the 4 year Lebron deal and the Spurs only having one year of Kawhi before he can walk for nothing, they definitely have less leverage than they did an couple hours ago.
    Really?

Imagine sitting out 2 prime seasons, essentially to sulk.

Whose left? Washington?

The only way this would work is in a 3 team trade. I tried to trade machine it but they already added Lebron to the Lakers. Here is my idea:

LA sends:
    - Lonzo Ball to Cleveland
    - Julius Randle to Cleveland (via sign & trade)
    - Deng to Cleveland

- Ingram to San Antonio
    - Hart to San Antonio
    - colection of picks to San Antonio

LA gets Back:
    - Lebron via sign and trade
    - Kawhi
    - Also, this allows them to sign boogie and Caldwell-Pope before the trade.

That leaves the following LA team:
    Lebron
    Kawhi
    Boogie
    Caldwell-Pope
    Kuzma
    + whoever wants to play for the minimum

I think this would be like 2-3 mill short on San Antonio to make it work, but it is close enough to start with. Although extremely far fetched

Whose left? Washington?
    Washington would have to be s&t, right?

Quote Originally Posted by cmariaou View Post
    The only way this would work is in a 3 team trade. I tried to trade machine it but they already added Lebron to the Lakers. Here is my idea:

LA sends:
    - Lonzo Ball to Cleveland
    - Julius Randle to Cleveland (via sign & trade)
    - Deng to Cleveland

- Ingram to San Antonio
    - Hart to San Antonio
    - colection of picks to San Antonio

LA gets Back:
    - Lebron via sign and trade
    - Kawhi
    - Also, this allows them to sign boogie and Caldwell-Pope before the trade.

That leaves the following LA team:
    Lebron
    Kawhi
    Boogie
    Caldwell-Pope
    Kuzma
    + whoever wants to play for the minimum

I think this would be like 2-3 mill short on San Antonio to make it work, but it is close enough to start with. Although extremely far fetched
    Lebron has already agreed to terms without it being a sign and trade. There will almost certainly not be a sign and trade. Cleveland has no incentive to sign and trade.

I read somewhere he said he was willing to go to Philly. I'd still trade him if I was SA but not to the Lakers for cheap. I'd rather go cheap with Philly.

I read somewhere he said he was willing to go to Philly. I'd still trade him if I was SA but not to the Lakers for cheap. I'd rather go cheap with Philly.
    What do you think they could get out of Philly?

Washington would have to be s&t, right?
    Yeah & I think, the way Griffin stated earlier> There would have to be some serious manipulations to make it work. We hold the cards. I dont think there are any takers left.

Thread Information